PDA

View Full Version : The Beginning

Maester-ULTIMECIA
02-14-2005, 10:07 PM
The beginning of the game is not good. I mean if u played as much as i have to see what magic made the character stronger you would get bored. I have started a new Game and Have played it for 12 hours and all ready im level 80 and have the best stuff and im on disc one. I leveled in the training center wich also gets very boreing after repeating the same fights.and the seed ranking mission gets boreing after awhile trying to get a decent rank. I usally get level 15 cause ive played so much. Over all The Game Is very good But the new ones are much better.

Skyblade
02-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Um, out of curiousity, how can you get the Lion Heart (since I would include that in "all the best stuff") on Disc 1 (without cheating)?!

Maester-ULTIMECIA
02-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Um, out of curiousity, how can you get the Lion Heart (since I would include that in "all the best stuff") on Disc 1 (without cheating)?!
You dont have to read all the magazines just to be able to get the lion heart alls you have to have is the right parts like the screws and http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif

Skyblade
02-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Um, what's your point? Pulse Ammo can be refined from the Energy Crystals you get from Elnoyle Cards, and you can refine Adamantine from Minotaur's card. But where do you get the Dragon Fangs from?

Maester-ULTIMECIA
02-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Um, what's your point? Pulse Ammo can be refined from the Energy Crystals you get from Elnoyle Cards, and you can refine Adamantine from Minotaur's card. But where do you get the Dragon Fangs from?
When you get out of the garden you can run to the little beach and sometimes you will fight a purple dragon and if you kill him you get 2 dragon fangs

Skyblade
02-14-2005, 10:32 PM
This is very interesting. I have not ONCE encountered such an enemy, which is odd, since I use the beach outside of Garden to gain AP before I fight Ifrit...

Aha. I just realized that Grendel's drop the Fangs too. So yes, you can get the Lionheart almost as soon as you get to Timber.

Heartless Shadow
02-17-2005, 07:56 PM
id try an start agen to get lion heart in disc 1 but its all scratched :( :(

SeeDRankLou
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, in all honesty did you see this abuse of the junction system your first time playing through it. Honestly, I didn't properly get the junction system until I was at the Tomb of the Unknown King. I also didn't know how to get a high SeeD rank, I think I got a 6. How did you get a 15 by the way, the highest I've ever got was 10? And, you are not very effectively leveling up. There is a trick to this game where you keep your characters at their starting levels and only start leveling up when you have access to the Str, Mag, Vit and Spr Bonus abilities. If you just level up, especially in the training center before you go to Timber, then you miss a lot of magic and let the other monsters get insanely strong while you only get a little more strong. You might want it that way, but I'm just saying. And you can get the Lionheart by the end of disc 1, that's not that big a deal, Lionheart doesn't happen all to often anyway. Besides, I can get the Punishment before going on the SeeD Exam. :tongue:

Squall04
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Ya, leveling up that much that soon isn't smart. Maybe why you find it so boring. Especially since you'd have to fight more monsters because they give you less exp. It's as boring as you make it.

Skyblade
02-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Currently, I'm at SeeD rank 21, and I have not as yet taken any tests. I started at rank 9 (I killed X-ATM092 and followed the other main rules during the SeeD test). Some of the events in the game (such as the train hijacking in Disc 1), will boost your SeeD rank if you complete them on your first attempt (or reload the game. But not if you just choose the try again command). Other than that, I just fought keeping my health as low as possible. Keep it in the yellow for all three team members, never run away unless absolutely necessary, and don't use Enc-Half/Enc-None, and you should be able to boost your SeeD rank about 1 rank every 2 or 3 paydays.

?M?y?s?t?e?r?i?o?u?s?
02-22-2005, 10:26 PM
The beginning of the game is not good. I mean if u played as much as i have to see what magic made the character stronger you would get bored. I have started a new Game and Have played it for 12 hours and all ready im level 80 and have the best stuff and im on disc one. I leveled in the training center wich also gets very boreing after repeating the same fights.and the seed ranking mission gets boreing after awhile trying to get a decent rank. I usally get level 15 cause ive played so much. Over all The Game Is very good But the new ones are much better. I too have got the lion heart at disc one so i know it is true.I got to level 99 at disc to and it got boring everything was to easy to kill so i broke the game .

lord shishio
02-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Currently, I'm at SeeD rank 21, and I have not as yet taken any tests. I started at rank 9 (I killed X-ATM092 and followed the other main rules during the SeeD test). Some of the events in the game (such as the train hijacking in Disc 1), will boost your SeeD rank if you complete them on your first attempt (or reload the game. But not if you just choose the try again command). Other than that, I just fought keeping my health as low as possible. Keep it in the yellow for all three team members, never run away unless absolutely necessary, and don't use Enc-Half/Enc-None, and you should be able to boost your SeeD rank about 1 rank every 2 or 3 paydays.

(Laughing hysterically to self)

I was really poor, so I used the guide to get all the answers for the SeeD test, so I'm at the top level. :D

Squall04
02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
The beginning of the game is not good. I mean if u played as much as i have to see what magic made the character stronger you would get bored. I have started a new Game and Have played it for 12 hours and all ready im level 80 and have the best stuff and im on disc one. I leveled in the training center wich also gets very boreing after repeating the same fights.and the seed ranking mission gets boreing after awhile trying to get a decent rank. I usally get level 15 cause ive played so much. Over all The Game Is very good But the new ones are much better.
Too much of a good thing ...

Luiggi
03-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone! I just recently started playing FF8 again, and I want to try to get the Lionheart on Disc 1. Anyway, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what the best place to level up on Disc 1 is, and who the best people to play cards against are, in order to build up a better collection. What are the best cards that I can get early in the game? I'd appreciate any advice people might have. Thanks!

rubah
03-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Don't level up on disc 1.

It's not really that cool:D Cool kids wait for disc 3, or four even.

Cards though: diablos, seifer (from cid), minotaur, and sacred will keep you winning for a long time. seifer/diablos up in the top left corner, then the brothers on the right side, in whichever corners they go in.

Luiggi
03-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the tips, rubah. When I asked about leveling up I don't want to go up too high, just a fast place to level up to 20-29, for the purposes of getting dragon fangs from T-Rexaurs and such... Any advice?