PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers: New Album?

Doc Sark
02-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I saw the Chili's at Hyde Park in London over the summer and they played some new material. I heard a few rumours about a new album being in the pipeline but in my shortlived attempt to try and find information on the subject I struck out.

Does anyone know if a By the Way follow up is being released, and if so when!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dking'squeen
02-14-2005, 11:24 PM
A follow up to By The Way, nope I haven't heard of it, Are you sure it's not just songs from their By The Way album? If there is a new one coming out, i'd like to know about it too

Doc Sark
02-14-2005, 11:45 PM
100%. They played some covers, but they also played new material, one track I recall, and it wasn't on By The Way or the Greatest Hits album. It is on Live in Hyde Park but can't remember the name of it!!!!

The Man
02-15-2005, 12:43 AM
It's not uncommon for bands to break in new songs long before they're ready to release a new album. Part of the reason Dark Side of the Moon sounded so great on record was that Pink Floyd had played it live literally hundreds of times, and knew the material phenomenally well. I'd imagine that's what's going on here. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on a follow-up at this point.

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-15-2005, 04:32 AM
100%. They played some covers, but they also played new material, one track I recall, and it wasn't on By The Way or the Greatest Hits album. It is on Live in Hyde Park but can't remember the name of it!!!!
You are aware that the Chili Peppers have far more albums than By The Way and Greatest Hits, right?

But I have heard rumors of a new album in the works. I also hear they are going back to thier old school days with this one, making thier music sound more Mother's Milk-esq. Which is great.

Doc Sark
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
You are aware that the Chili Peppers have far more albums than By The Way and Greatest Hits, right?

Really....? Wow and I thought 22 years worth of hits had all been crammed on to By The Way. C'mon man, silly question, I'm not 12. :rolleyes2

The only album of theirs I don't own is Uplift Mofo Party Plan. Personally I think that going back to Mother's Milk would be a bit of a regression for the Chili's. I'd much rather see them further progress in their music. The great thing about the Chili's, for me anyway, is that they have managed to keep their music sounding modern and up to date while simultaneously producing their own unique sound, almost stretching the boundaries of what is commercially acceptable to incorporate their own bristling individuality.

Mr. Spiff, you've really hurt my feelings. I'm not THAT ignorant. The reason I said By The Way is because it was the "By The Way" Tour. Most of the songs they played were from Californication and By The Way, with a bit of Blood Sugar Sex Magik thrown in for an encore.