PDA

View Full Version : Is it an rpg or is it like devil may cry and Chaos Legion?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-15-2005, 12:44 AM
What is it?

redxiiii
02-15-2005, 09:48 PM
I think it will be a bit of both (rpg,devil may cry) I want to know weather Vincent can change in2 chaos mode just like dante can go in2 Devil mode!

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Nomura says we will 'be surprised' by the style. Currently, no one knows exactly what the style will be.

Destai
02-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Maybe he expects us to be suprised that it plays like Devil May Cry?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I would be insulted to call it an ff if it was just a shooting game!

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Why would we be surprised by it being like DMC when that's all anyone's been saying since they saw it?

From the article at RPGamer "Even though many people assume that Dirge of Cerberus is going to be an action game, in the vein of Devil May Cry, Nomura quickly pointed out that the genre is still unconfirmed and that many people will be surprised. "

I dont care what kind of fighting system the game will have. It's the story that's important.

kawakami Gensai
02-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I have to agree with you there on the story line, but from what I have seen it looks to be a kinda realtime/shooter game; which would be ok with me b/c I get bored when a gaming company sticks with the same style for too long.

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Well Nomura is the expert, since he's making the game and all, so I'll go by what he says.

Destai
02-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Why would we be surprised by it being like DMC when that's all anyone's been saying since they saw it?

From the article at RPGamer "Even though many people assume that Dirge of Cerberus is going to be an action game, in the vein of Devil May Cry, Nomura quickly pointed out that the genre is still unconfirmed and that many people will be surprised. "They could have been suprised because FF is an RPG series. You didnt mention he commented on the genre with that in mind. Dont be suprised by a suggestion.

TheAbominatrix
02-16-2005, 12:05 AM
I was refering specifically TO the comments about it being like DMC.

Destai
02-16-2005, 12:33 AM
You didnt mention that Nobuo was.

Shoden
02-16-2005, 12:49 AM
someone told me Nobuo HAS quit square for good but i'm sure it was only a rumour as he is doing DOC and XII so he must still be there

Destai
02-16-2005, 12:58 AM
He's not doing either and he has quit.

Dante WolfWood
02-16-2005, 01:04 AM
so what is Nobuo doing now????

Destai
02-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Not sure. He supposed to still be very interested in the Black Mages but thats more of a hobby in my OP.

TheAbominatrix
02-16-2005, 04:43 AM
Nomura not Nobuo. Tetsuya Nomura. Look him up, he's very very important to Square.

Nobuo, however, is no longer composing music for Square. He wants to work on his own projects.

Psychotic
02-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Seeing as it is a Final Fantasy game, it would not surprise me if it had RPG elements to it such as exp and levelling up, although most action-adventure games seem to feature those kinds of things these days. But the trailer had what looked to me like a first person view of a gun sight, but I could be wrong...

Ouch!
02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I dont care what kind of fighting system the game will have. It's the story that's important.
That's exactly how I feel. If it does turn out to be some kind of Devil May Cry knock-off I won't mind much as long as the story is good. If it's something original, even better.

OmniXai
02-18-2005, 03:10 AM
NOT A DMC TYPE GAME nor is it an RPG.

I have read my new PSM and sources all over the net, and a cover issue by Sqr-Enx JP.

FF7: Dirge Of Cerberus is a 3RD Person Shooter and will possibly have online play.

Destai
02-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Its getting interesting but that doesnt mean this game will only be playable online me thinks.

OmniXai
02-18-2005, 05:34 PM
No it isn't ONLY online. It will have online compatablities, mayb, however. Meaning it will still have Offline/Single play.

Shinobi
02-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Where can I find some good screens of the game?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-22-2005, 11:12 PM
right here at eyesonff with its respective own page.

hiei
03-01-2005, 12:38 AM
i personally think that the ff series is more about strategy and that making it a shooting game would ruin the whole thing. i would still buy it because it is a ff game but i prob won't like it.

Dormos
03-02-2005, 02:05 AM
I heard that it will be, yes, a third person shooter, but it may have some RPG elements built into it, i.e. Devil May Cry (I'd hate to keep using DMC as a comparison, but it's the only thing that comes to mind).

Take Brave Fencer Musashi, for instance. It was an action platformer game, but it had RPG elements in it, like leveling up.

TheAbominatrix
03-02-2005, 02:07 AM
From the article at RPGamer "Even though many people assume that Dirge of Cerberus is going to be an action game, in the vein of Devil May Cry, Nomura quickly pointed out that the genre is still unconfirmed and that many people will be surprised. "

bebe
03-02-2005, 02:14 AM
i thought they would have online support or thats what i heard

TheAbominatrix
03-02-2005, 02:16 AM
They havent said anything about online support, but it's possible.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-04-2005, 12:46 AM
has anyone heard of Chaos Legion? Everyone is just taking my devil may cry example.

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm sure Nomura has, yes.

wuglendei
03-06-2005, 06:10 AM
This is bad idea. I like when Company branch off into different genres but i feel as if there using a Fan Favorite charater and jus the name FF. I pray that im wrong...cuz well i always get sad when square fails. But then again IF THIS fails theyll make a better one...jus like with there movies!

TheAbominatrix
03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Of course they're using a fan favorite and the name. That's the point; to make money.

They're giving fans what they want, though. FF fans, and more specifically in this case, FFVII fans, have been begging and howling for a sequel since the original came out. Square's using this opportunity to explore other genres in the FF name,

Oh, which reminds me, Square HAS done other games, ya know. Not just RPGs. So it's not like they're ignorant as to the workings of other genres.

lombrai
03-13-2005, 10:07 PM
well, im not quite sure about this, but i have my doubts that this could really be a shooter. because i read that other people from ffVII will be joigning vincent. and i dont think that you can control them all at one time, but, it might be like in kh, were they help you anyhow by thereselves. Or it could also be, a kind of "mini-game", and you just play as first shooter at precise places. but, weel just have to wait to see about that.

Dolentrean
03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I don’t know...Square started breaking a lot of traditions that the Final Fantasy series had once ENIX joined them. the game kind of looked like a stealth shooter (not an FPS) to me with some mini games and RPG elements. but when it comes down to it, it was the stories that made Square famous. if the story is bad then the game will get bad reviews. lets just keep our fingers crossed that they manage to keep the FF spirit alive in this one.

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2005, 02:15 AM
X-2 was created before Enix joined them. It was released after, however. Nice try, though.

Dolentrean
03-15-2005, 03:32 AM
X-2 was created before Enix joined them. It was released after, however. Nice try, though.

true, true, But Square Enix has been spending alot of time working on 4.3 billion spin offs, Final Fantasy XII will be there first shot at a real FF if they screw it up they will probobly lose a lot of fan suport.

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2005, 08:26 PM
All of these have been planned by Square for quite some time, and they're making them for the fans that have been begging.

I doubt they'll lose much support. A lot of people bitch about X constantly, saying it was horrid, but 9 out of 10 will still buy XII. If they hate that, most of them will still buy XIII. It's just useless internet complaining.

Not to mention that these games have done very very well in Japan, which is their primary and strongest market. Not only do they sell the games, but the characters are used in ads and the merch sells like hotcakes. As long as Japan loves them, they really dont care.

Destai
03-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Thats true, the last figures I read a nice chunk of more than 50% of there saler were in Japan. I think that was partly why theve decided to release one product every month in the hopes of increasing sales worldwide. How that effect would come to pass Im not sure but that was the reason I read.

Dolentrean
03-16-2005, 12:25 AM
ok I do have to agree with you, I am a devout final fantasy fan and I will be buying XII and XIII even if XII sucks. I am just saying it will be interesting to see what square enix will do with FFXII. I am wondering if they will keep the feel of final fantasy the same.

TheAbominatrix
03-16-2005, 12:30 AM
I agree, but the 'feel' is very subjective. Every game is different for every person. People say X lost the 'feel', but for me the 'feel' had been lost since VII and X was the first to restore it.

No matter what this game does, people will complain. If it's too much like the old ones, Square's out of ideas. If it's too different, Square is changing FF too much and they've lost their touch.

I'm really eager to play all of these games and I hope I'm subjective enough to judge them by their own merits, not by the title or who made them.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-22-2005, 12:50 AM
alright, all of these points are taken, and I guess the question is pretty much answered, lol.

Greiver205
03-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Yep answered...no more posts here...