PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears being XS episode 5

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2005, 02:00 AM
My question is this, when the Xenosaga series gets to done with all 4 episodes will they leave this game alone or remake Xenogears and just call it "Xenosaga episode 5"?

DocFrance
02-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Probably not, because Xenosaga is dramatically different from what Perfect Works tells us about episodes 1-4. Plus, Monolith doesn't own the rights to Xenogears.

FallenAngel411
02-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Wait--WHAT?! Xenogears is episode 5 of Xenosaga?!

Er--can someone who knows what they're talking about explain this, please? Possibly?

:confused: *confusion* :confused:

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2005, 03:01 AM
I think the stuff about Shion seeing that flickering cross as well as the one in Fei's memory during when Lehan was being attack was obvious.

The Captain
02-15-2005, 03:04 AM
To the best of my knowledge, I have no idea.

In all seriousness though, there have been rumors that Episode V would attempt to retell the Xenogears part of the overall story, but as of yet, that's still very much up in the air due to a wide variety of factors:

For one, as was pointed out, the makers of Xenosaga don't own the rights to Xenogears, so attempting to bridge the gap could be difficult.

For another, also as Doc pointed out, the timeline that would need to take place in order for the stories to eventually link up, I believe, are not at the moment following a similar path and thus, they may go an entirely different route instead. Obviously, the characters in Xenosaga do not appear in Xenogears, so there would need to be a large degree of story in between the two games to make sense of it all. Can it be done, probably, but the question is, will it?

There are probably a lot more, since I'm not too well informed on this topic specifically. For now, I'm just planning on enjoying both stroylines as seperate, though if they link up it would certainly be fascinating.

Take care all.

DocFrance
02-15-2005, 03:20 AM
Even though the stories might be unrelated, I still hold by the theory that KOS-MOS will become Deus.

FallenAngel411
02-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Maybe I actually play Xenogears then. I don't even know what its about. Hmmm.

edczxcvbnm
02-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Xenosaga 5 will not be Xenogears. The story path is drastically different and will go on a different path. We may see some similarities along the way but it will be different for the most part.

DocFrance
02-15-2005, 03:37 AM
It's about a bunch of flamboyantly homosexual young men (and a few women) fighting eachother in big honkin' robots called Gundams Gears.

FallenAngel411
02-15-2005, 03:45 AM
Sounds, um, fascinating.......

I think I'll stick with Xenosaga, tho :D

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2005, 04:00 AM
The Gears dug up and used in Xenogears, some of those might be the AWGS used in Xenosaga.

Didn't Square hand it's liscense to make Xeno-series games to Namco? Because I seriously do think that the games arer tied together, they take place ina futuristic setting where fighting is mostly done with humanoid robots. As well as the Religoius superficial storylines in both games, well XS1 has one as far as I understand, I don't remember much because I only played up to the point where Shion is facing off with those Gnosis and is awakening KOSMOS.

FallenAngel411
02-15-2005, 04:27 AM
Yes, Xenosaga is full of religious philosophy and moral questionings. This is starting to bug me. Well, if this is true, I hope they do some kind of remake or something. Bc I would hate to have four awesome-looking games, then go back to this old game for number five, totally randomly, then go back to gorgeous graphics for the finale game. That's just weird. What a strange way to release a series.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-15-2005, 04:33 AM
With the exception of the Diabolos Gears, the Gears dug up in Xenogears originated in the Zeboim era, just 4000 years prior to the game's setting.

Xenosaga Episode V will probably not be anything like Xenogears for reasons stated in this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=56306) thread.

FallenAngel411
02-15-2005, 04:54 AM
That makes sense. Cooley :) I didn't like the sound of a future Xenosaga not having the characters I love...especially KOS MOS. A Xenosaga without KOS MOS......*shiver*

Doomgaze
02-15-2005, 04:56 AM
Maybe you should stop being a dirty graphics whore and actually try Xenogears. It's far better than Xenosaga.

FallenAngel411
02-15-2005, 05:32 AM
Graphics.....whore......um......k........

Hey, that was mean!!! I have nothing against bad graphics!!! I just started FFVI today!!! I just really like Xenosaga, there's nothing wrong with that, and sure, maybe someday I'll try Xenogears, when I finish up all these other games I'm in the middle of!!! Mleh!!! :mad2:

DocFrance
02-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Yes, Xenosaga is full of religious philosophy and moral questionings.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Seriously, you do realize that what you're talking about is just a heaping jumble of non-sensical pretentious Judeo-Christian references that were put in there simply because Eastern cultures are fascinated with Western religious mythology (and vice-versa)? None of it is very "deep" at all. Barely any of it makes sense.

FallenAngel411
02-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Hmmm. You're kinda right, I don't get it either. I'm just repeating what I hear everywhere else. Sigh. I still like the story tho.....even if it doesn't make much sense....and I love KOS MOS. She's my hero! :D Well, one of them, anyway. I lose track sometimes...

The Captain
02-15-2005, 05:58 AM
If a game, any game, attempts to make the player engage in any degree of moral philosophy or theology, even at the most basic level, it is deeper than just about anything else there is out there.

Sure, Xenogears and Xenosaga attempts to throw a whole variety of ideas, philosophies and concepts together to try and make it seem even deeper, but the fact that it even attempts to use much of the rich history of religion and philosophy makes it worth playing because it does create a richer plotline.

In turn, it also allows gamers to demonstrate any prowess and knowledge they have on religion, philosophy and history as they get to pinpoint where the aspects of the game come from.

Take care all.

DocFrance
02-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Random Fact: I'd just like to point out that Namco has recently registered the title Also Sprach Zarathustra for a game currently in development, i.e. XS Ep. III.

The Captain
02-15-2005, 06:34 AM
More Nietzsche, or is this title related to another philosopher?

Take care all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-15-2005, 06:41 AM
It's the name of a Richard Strauss composition from 1896--known to most as the theme for 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's also a reference to Zarathustrianism, a mostly dead religion.

The Captain
02-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Perhaps Xenosaga has a new theme song?

Thanks, as always for the info everyone.

Take care all.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-15-2005, 06:55 AM
I recall hearing from a friend far more into the Xenogears series than I that Xenogears is 6,000 years after Xenosaga, on an isolated planet, thus there would be some connection between the two, but not drastic connections. However, I am unsure if this theory is correct or not.

Doomgaze
02-15-2005, 07:13 AM
IF Xenosaga ever comes to the same ending that XG Ep I does, it will be 10,000 years before the time of Xenogears. If you have XG, throw it in adn start a new game - see that ship? Those people are contemporaries of Shion Uzuki, IF the stories are linked, which Namco denies.

and Thus Spoke Zarathustra is also by Nietzsche, yes. Also Sprach Zarathustra is the German version of the title and presumably what Nietzsche actually titled it. The song by Strauss is the main theme to 2001 as has been said, and that movie's Monolith probablly should not be overlooked.

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Shion's last name was Uzuki? That clenches it, these games are related. Maybe Shion is a long ancestor of Citan. XS does take place in 4000 ish AD while XGs takes place somewhere in the 9000ish AD (if the times in the games even use AD.)

I mean another I noticed that might make the games tied together is the combat systems ate somewhat similar.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-15-2005, 04:10 PM
It doesn't clench anything. It's like the Highwind surname in Final Fantasy--just a reference for the sake of fan service. And even if it weren't, Uzuki is Yui's surname; Citan took his wife's name when they married. His real surname is Rikudo.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Although that doesn't rule out her being related to Yui.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, it'd be pretty impossible. Everyone aboard the Eldridge was killed except for Abel. Then the Mother/Kadamony created new people to populate the world upon which the Eldridge had crashed. So, with the exception of Abel's bloodline, no one from before the crash can actually be related to anyone after the crash.

DocFrance
02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Shion's last name was Uzuki? That clenches it, these games are related. Maybe Shion is a long ancestor of Citan. XS does take place in 4000 ish AD while XGs takes place somewhere in the 9000ish AD (if the times in the games even use AD.)

I mean another I noticed that might make the games tied together is the combat systems ate somewhat similar.
By that logic, Xenogears must be related to The Simpsons, because Elly and Milhouse share the same last name (van Houten).

Plus, you got the years all wrong. 'saga takes place 4000 years after the year 20X6 200X. 'gears takes place at least 10,000 years after 'saga.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Ah yes, that's right. So any relation is in name only.

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2005, 06:05 PM
I still think they take place in the same universe. It'd be cool to find out what happened to Kos-Mos.

But then this new NamcoxCapcom game starring characters from Xenosaga and Street Fighter will happen, I wonder if this RPG will actually tie in with the storylines of Xenosaga (Capcom Vs SNK 2 was the only crossover to tie in with the Street Fighter Storylines) or it will justb e Cannon fodder that if you ignored it then nothing would matter.

The Captain
02-16-2005, 06:28 AM
I wonder, with the naming of the third game, more or less linking it to 2001: A Space Odyssey, are they planning on trying to fuse knowledge with the evolution of man? Perhaps the Zohar are as the monoliths in the film, left by a higher power to guide the way toward a new self-realization?

Take care all.