PDA

View Full Version : Siren *no spoilers please*

Teezy
02-15-2005, 12:18 PM
So I just started playing this game, seems pretty fun, this will be my 3rd play through of a final fantasy game, first was of course, 7, then 8, now 5. Anyway, i'm at Siren, right after the ship graveyard, and I can't seem to kill her. I had the pink haired girl take the white mage job and she got to level 2 with it, but she still doesn't have any magic learned. How exactly do you learn magic? And, wouldn't giving an elixer to Siren while she's undead kill her? I tried, but it didn't work. No spoilers please.

ShunNakamura
02-15-2005, 01:02 PM
You learn Spells by buying them from magic shops.

The trick isn't an elixer it is a pheonix down... and I am not sure if it works on her.

I usually beat her with a Monk, White Mage, Blue Mage, Black Mage party.

If you are stuck you can always make everyone into monks and knights... both have good attack and hp... I personally prefer monks cause they are cheap and easy to equip.

Since you have no spells you will likely have to do the Monk and knight route. Perhaps a theif for his/her speed so you can quickly throw items to heal your team.

Anyways just keep an eye out for the magic shops, that is where you will get the bulk of your spells(unless you are a bluemage... they learn enemy spells) and many summons are also found not bought.

Anyways have fun this is a great game!

Teezy
02-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Ah ok, so you BUY magic. That makes sense why I wasn't learning anything. I'll try throwing a pheonix down to her, see what happens. Thanks for the words and the no spoilers. Someone lock this topic.

Halenite
02-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Only throw it when she looks greyish.

mike without a hat
02-28-2005, 06:41 PM
I've tried before and the pheonix down trick doesnt work.

Halenite
02-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Try lots of potions.