PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know max stats?

kalabora
02-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm going to play the game and get everything and max out all my characters (without cheating). Anyone know how high the stats will go you know like hit agility luck? and if theres any tips on best area to master materia reply (I usually go to Mideel area.

Sepho
02-15-2005, 05:24 PM
You can permantly raise many of your characters' stats through the use of various Sources (ie. Power Sources, Speed Sources). These items are obtained by using the Morph ability on the various monsters found inside the Gelinka (the sunken Shinra airship).

The best place to level up is a specific area inside the North Crater. When you split up your party, if you take the left path, there's another path that branches off at the screen where there appears to be a crack with mako or some substance spouting up from it.

There are enemies inside this area called Magic Pots that give you 1000 AP and a good deal of experience each, but you have to give them Elixirs before you can cause damage to them (they only have 4000 some HP). Stock up on Elixirs by using the W-Item duplication trick, and fight Magic Pots.

redxiiii
02-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah thats wot I do, oh and the w-item materia is in the winding tunnel the second time u visit midgar

kalabora
02-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, Most of the time I go to the under water ship and morph everything there for there items. (I think they all have somesort of power up item except 1 enemy. I think.)I also morph an enemy around one of the islands by Wutai but I can't remember the name of it. It drops power sources, though.

Shoden
02-15-2005, 07:13 PM
anyone know hwo to get quadra magic and Mega all and get out the crater WITH them?

Cuchulainn
02-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Quadra Magic is actually in a Materia Cave off Mideel not trhe crater, I've learned how to get that w/o a Special Chocobo thanks to a glitch & a tip-off.

Getting out of the Northern Crater is daunting when you first try it, but it's second nature to me now just go all the way down get everything, talk to your other charcters for more shtuff but DONT AND I MEAN DONT step down the glowing hole yet. You can walk/jump/climb all the way bk up, in involves going in & out of caves & jumping & falling a lot but it's worth it, especially if you want the KoR+HP Absorb combo mastered (God bless them Magic Pots). I could explain exactly how when I get home.

Sepho
02-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't want to make any assumptions as to how far you are into the game, because I understand that not everyone who posts for help is a first-time player, and I don't want to sound insulting.

So if you have any questions that involve more in-depth answers (such as how to get the W-Item materia, how to use the item duplication trick, using Morph effectively, etc.), just post everything whatever you need, and we can help you out.

Shoden
02-15-2005, 09:07 PM
i got my W-item mateira from Bone village

Sepho
02-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I got mine from Bone Village, too, on my first couple of playthroughs, because I could never find it in its original location. And with good reason; it's a long walk.

Shoden
02-16-2005, 12:01 AM
now im searching for Bahamut Zero any idea?

Raistlin
02-16-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm going to play the game and get everything and max out all my characters (without cheating). Anyone know how high the stats will go you know like hit agility luck? and if theres any tips on best area to master materia reply (I usually go to Mideel area.
Stats max out at...225? Best way to get there is to equip Yuffie with her Conformer with Morph materia and morph monsters in the underwater Gelinka for sources.

Best area to level up is inside the North Crater, take the left path, and there's an area in there that you can fight Magic Pots(Enemy Lure materia helps a lot). Give them all an elixir and then kill them and you'll get 1000 AP a pop(W-Item materia is reccomended).

Second-best area to level up for AP is Mideel forest. Good place to go if you're not strong enough to take on all the monsters to wander around the Crater for hours at a time.

kalabora
02-16-2005, 12:43 AM
I have a problem on my Bahamut Zero. I didn't get the huge materia on my master game save the usual way, I found it in the ocean under Junon in the reefy stuff. And when I went to the star place in cosmo canyon Bugen ran away saying he was sick or needed a vacation or something. Again this is my master save but untill I get Zero Bahamut I guess it can't be called that.

P.S. Can someone answer the original question? What is the max number on you characters stats?

Thanks, Raistlin. I thought it was 255 but a friend told me he got his to 375 on one character.

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Shoden
02-16-2005, 12:47 AM
that made no sense whatsoever

kalabora
02-16-2005, 12:48 AM
what didn't make sense?

Shoden
02-16-2005, 12:51 AM
the Bahamut Zero thing

Raistlin
02-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Thanks, Raistlin. I thought it was 255 but a friend told me he got his to 375 on one character.
It might be 255. I know it's not 375, though.

Also, you have to visit Bugenhagen in the second disc to store the Huge Materia in order to get Bahamut Zero.

Shoden
02-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Bugenhagan bit the dust somehow did he take an overdose?

kalabora
02-16-2005, 12:58 AM
It didn't make sense to me either oh well there's alway next time that huge materia is the one on the space ship, and the code is? OXXO???

Also, Shoden your up in the "where is this" thread.

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead. -Jaywalking

Sepho
02-16-2005, 01:18 AM
The max is 255, and if your friend says 375, I may have to call his bluff.

You have to wait until you came back from the Forgotten City before Bugenhagen stores your huge materia in his observatory. If you didn't manage to collect all four, then you can still dig Bahamut Zero up in Bone Village. I have no idea where, because I've personally never obtained it in this fashion, so someone else will have to help you with that.

And instead of double posting, use the edit button. Many people are genuinely irritated at the sight of a double post. I'm not exactly sure whether helping someone with a double post issue is considered armchair modding, and I don't think the warn button is supposed to be used for such a silly thing, but perhaps I'm wrong. It'll be evident enough if a CK comes in and chastises me.

Teezy
02-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Ok, i'm going to try and clear some of this up.

The max DIGIT that will display on each stat is 255, only because it is printed in binary, and the maximun binary digit is 255. However, if you keep feeding your character's sources, their stats will rise, but the digit will not.

As for Bahamut ZERO, you have to either get the Blue Huge Materia in space (either O, square, X, X...or square, O, X, X...can't remember which it is) and then "look closer" at the Blue Huge Materia in the observatory, or dig it up in Bone Village.

The Huge Materia you found underwater is seperate from the one in space. There are 4 Huge Materia, one is obtained from saving Corel, the 2nd is found after defeating the Condor Fort battle, the 3rd is found underwater, and the 4th is found in space.

Skyblade
02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
The combo is O, Square, X, X if you are playing the Playstation version and have the controls set to the default.

BudSoda02
03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Actually it doesn't matter if the controls are default or not... You just have to enter the right combination... Which of yours is correct. (On the Space shuttle)
-BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com