PDA

View Full Version : Wutai materias

Inferno
02-15-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm in disc 3 now, and I did not visit Wutai yet. So I wanted to know if it is still possible to get the HP Absorb and MP Absorb materias.

kalabora
02-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Errr...I have no idea, sorry.

Shoden
02-15-2005, 07:10 PM
same here man i shudnt of gone into midgar on disc 2 but it was automatic i was after Ultimate weapon and the bastard flew over midgar

Destai
02-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Go and find out. Go to the side of the continent furthest from Wutai if the Highwind can land there and see if it works.

Inferno
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah but then what is supposed to happen ? I can't remember...

redxiiii
02-15-2005, 08:28 PM
It`s suppose to go to a scene were Yuffie runs off with your materia and then u battle shinra soldiers

Shoden
02-15-2005, 08:31 PM
i always land at wutai

Destai
02-15-2005, 08:38 PM
But then she wouldnt get the chance to steal the materia if you go directly to the town.

Flashback007
02-16-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't know if she doesn't run off with your materia then. By the way the MP Absorb Materia is in the Item-shop and the HP Absorb-Materia is in the cathouse. You cannot get the HP Absorb-Materia untill you finished the sidequest. But you have to be on the sidequest then, if I am correct. But there are more materia's then only those two. In the cavern on the mountain you can get Steal As Well-Materia (If you got the Levithian Scales in the Underwater Reactor at Junon. And didn't forget them, like me X-x). And if you do the sidequest in the Pagode (after you did the complete Yuffie-sidequest) then you will get the summon-materia from Levitihian.

If you are on disc 3 some scenes during the sidequest can be confusing, but don't forget it was actually ment to begin right after you stole the Tiny Bronco.

Shoden
02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Go and find out. Go to the side of the continent furthest from Wutai if the Highwind can land there and see if it works.

what do you mean exactly where?

Destai
02-16-2005, 04:01 PM
The way you were meant to play it is you pull the tiny bronco to the side of the continent furthest from Wuati. You walk up a hill and in a cutscene Yuffie steals your materia. f that scene doesnt happen the whole Wutai ordeal cant happen if she doesnt get the chance to steal the materia.

rubah
02-17-2005, 01:36 AM
I failed to go to wutai in disc 2 in my game.

There were no shinra people there, yuffie didn't run off. I went up to the da-chao area but nothing happened except a few random battles (and putting out the fire with the leviathan scales things)

I was able to fight the things in teh one tower though. I sorta feel sad that I couldn't do the turtle's paradise thing (especially after I figured out how read the second flier in the return to midgar. I guess that's how you only get one shot, because by that time you can't get out of midgar until you finish the disc-_-)

I wonder though if the vehicle used to approach it makes a difference? It's very doubtful, but there's people that say you can't get the solomon ring after a point in ff8 but it's very possible right up to the end of the third disc.
I suppose someone's already tried every way to sunday already?

Shoden
02-17-2005, 10:25 PM
you can get the HP absorb materia from the Northern Crater

lord shishio
02-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Or can you?!?!?!?!?!?!
Bwaaaa ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :hyper:

Shoden
02-18-2005, 12:44 PM
yeah but no for the MP absorb the thing is i can't find a way out after getting the Mega all materia

Flashback007
02-19-2005, 09:11 AM
I believe that the Mega All is a materia you can get in the Nothern Crater. That's the Materia that is jumping up and down on a rock when you take the left path and left path. You know where you can encouter Behemot Kings etc. You need to time it right and then you will capture it. If this isn't it, then you need to go and dig it up and Bone Village.

Shoden
02-19-2005, 01:14 PM
yeah thats the one any idea how to escape the crater afterwards?

Skyblade
02-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Yes. There are three paths you can go down. One of them you can climb back up as well. When you reach the bottom of the crater, the door at the top of the screen eventually leads to the exit.

Shoden
02-19-2005, 04:55 PM
oh
whats better sash all or double cut