PDA

View Full Version : Master Final Fantasy VII

kalabora
02-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm playing throught on my fourth or fifth time, and this time I want everything.
Here's what I can think of to do now.

Get all materia and master them.
Get all limit breaks for each character (including Aeris)
Get all items and weapon (at least one of each)
max all charaters stats and level (yes, this means getting to level 99)

Anyone have any other things for me to do? Or just some tips on getting rarer items and materia.

Things I've never gotten~
Bahamut Zero
Alexander
Apocolypse
W-item
Final Attack

That's all I can think of right now.
Feel free to post your own questions and other thing for me to get.

P.S. I'll be back in about four hours to read replies, I have to go to work :cry: and get it over with. See ya then. :)

Raistlin
02-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Beat Ruby and Emmy(with materia, then with some materia, then with no materia if you don't mind going insane).

Get all Master materia.

Get all materia from chocobo racing(sneak attack, counter).

Get everyone's ultimate weapon.

kalabora
02-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Yes, also I never beat ruby or emerald...I've really got to be going now, bye.

Jojee
02-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I've done all that. *grins*

But get all enemy skills now... that's a problem. >=\ Can never be arsed with those.

kalabora
02-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Awww! Enemy skills I forgot about those!
Aqualungs my favorite.

~Kain26~
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
you should really have those last few summons and other materia's. If you were planning on going that all out...you can max everyone's stats by morphing all the enemies in the crashed gelnika(i think thats how its spelled) and you can master the materia, but it's not as important if you arent going to get things like Master Summon and Command...in which case you would need all the materia of that group.

Raistlin
02-16-2005, 09:05 PM
I've done all that. *grins*

But get all enemy skills now... that's a problem. >=\ Can never be arsed with those.
Oh yes! Another good one. This is one you should definitely do, because Enemy Skills rock(they're better than magic materia).

Another possibility would be to get all the stupid prizes from Battle and Speed Square. This is not advised.

ISRviper
02-16-2005, 09:53 PM
I remember the first time I played I couldn't get past the turks in the 2nd disc (when you fight them in the train tunnel), so I started the game from the begining and only with bahamut zero I could defeat them.

TheSpoonyBard
02-16-2005, 10:15 PM
I've done everything. Now I'm playing through again so I can do it faster.

Kenshin IV
02-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Get everyone to level 99 before the end of Disc 1. I've done it. I will accept no mastery of the game unless you have all characters (Aeris included) on 99!

FF Pro
02-16-2005, 10:22 PM
U sould Get all the items.

in the 2nd disc in the cavern of sephiroth beat the gigas until he gives u a earth drum. When i was trying to get the perfect game a have all the things , max levels and beat all the levels but when i new that a was missing that i was pissed man.

Raistlin
02-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Get everyone to level 99 before the end of Disc 1. I've done it. I will accept no mastery of the game unless you have all characters (Aeris included) on 99!
I don't see what that proves except for not having a life.

kalabora
02-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Heh. I think he cheated. But, purhaps he didn't.

ISRviper
02-17-2005, 01:06 PM
now thats someone that is realy addicted to FFVII, when he gets all his characters to lvl 99 in disc 1

Shoden
02-17-2005, 02:17 PM
get every avalible item excluding common ones eg potion ether

Master every piece of Materia
every max stats
Ultimate weapons
all 4 levels of Limit breaks
all enemy skills
Ruby and Emerald sleeping with the fishes
every breed of Chocobo
all Chocobos rank S
All prizes from Gold Saucer
maximum gil (very easy just buy 2 sylkis greens and use the W-item trick sell 97 and keep doing it)
get Villa in Costa Del Sol
All Huge Materia
Be able to do the game over under 50 hours (average playing hours)
All side quests completed
All Characters

thats what i would call a mastered FF7 game something i couldn't do my gaming skills arent hi enough to be called a master i'm just an Average gamer untill i can beat Ruby and Emerald, my frien's older Brother did everything there except doing Wutai.

Kenshin IV
02-17-2005, 03:52 PM
No. I didn't cheat, I just (as stated before) don't have a life.<3

(Of course the same can pretty much be said of anyone who posts at a video game fanboy site)

~Kain26~
02-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Why would someone who is going to spend like 50 hours maxing everyones stats not go to Wutai?

kalabora
02-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Geuss your right, Kenshin IV.

Gregoriev
02-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Wait...if Bahamut zero is really hard to get...does that mean i rule and don't even know it? i got that thing as i total fluke i geuss, i had banamunt, then neo bahamunt, then i went to the red huge materia crystal and it gave me bahamunt zero for no reason. so i was all like w00t, and even more so when i descovered how kick ass it looked and is!

Dark Disciple
02-19-2005, 04:43 AM
i am the only master of final Fantasy games you are all NOOBS compared to me muahahahahahaha

kalabora
02-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Dark Desciple, if you are the master of Final Fantasy VII answer this: What do you get for getting over 6000 point on the roller coaster ride at the speed square?

And yes it is a real thing and not a rumor.

TheSpoonyBard
02-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Actually, the best prizes are given at 5,000+ points. The prizes are Aeris' Umbrella (Disc 1) and Cid's Flayer (Disc 2 & 3) Dark Disciple sounds a little up himself. I don't think anyone can claim they're a 'master' and not let anyone know what exactly it is they have achieved.

Legendary Caladbolg
02-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Is flayer better than Venus Gospel, because I've heard that Venus Gospel is Cid's ultimate weapon.

TheSpoonyBard
02-20-2005, 02:15 PM
In a way, yes, the Flayer is better than the Venus Gospel as it has materia growth. Even thought the Flayer has more attack power, the Venus Gospel is more powerful. This is because the Venus Gospel powers up when Cid has a lot of MP. The Flayer is a very good weapon to use before you get the Venus Gospel, but it is not more powerful.

Venus Gospel: Given to you by the Old Man outside the Materia Shop in Rocket Town, after the rocket has been launched.
Attack: 97
Attack %: 103
Materia Slots: O=O O=O O=O O=O
Growth: None
Notes: This weapon powers up when Cid has more MP. The power decreases as his MP does.

Flayer: Exchanged for 5,000 points at the Shooting Coaster in the Gold Saucer (Disc 2 and 3)
Attack: 100
Attack %: 100
Materia Slots: O O O O O O
Growth: Normal

Masamune·1600
03-18-2005, 04:56 PM
The definition of a perfect game varies from person to person. Some people feel they only need one of every item, others feel they need to max out every item (99 in most cases). Some people are happy mastering one Enemy Skill materia, others go for all four. Then there are things like acquiring a third Mystile, which aren't widely known. Basically, I would recommend that you just set your own parameters for a perfect game, and try to meet those.

DaremihC
03-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Masamune is right, you can play it however you want, me? I like to acheive something new everytime I play the game. last time, I finaly got 2 of every master materia, found all of the fliers, watched the Zack flashback, and mastered 2 'Enemy Skill' materia.

It's the little things in life...

Ultima Shadow
03-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Beat Ruby and Emmy(with materia, then with some materia, then with no materia if you don't mind going insane).

Well... beating Emerald Weapon without materia won't make you go insane. It's only Ruby that's hard as hell, insane and sickening this way. Emerald is pice of cake withou Materia. But I know that you know this as well... I'm just making it clear for everyone else. :greenie: Ruby Weapon without materia= OUCH! But I've done it... with Yuffie.

Shadow Knight
03-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I'm also trying to do absolutely everything on this time round as well.

Other things you can do:

Level up every character to level 99.
Get every single item in the game
Beat every single monster
Get every weapon (even if it's not the ultimate)
Get every arm band
Every Acc.

It's going to take a LONG time - the most time comsuming one will be mastering every materia.

Doc Sark
03-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Here's a stupid one.

Beat the game and don't let any of your characters die. (excluding sections of the game where characters may be killed as part of the storyline. I can't remember if this happens in FFVII with the exception of Aeris of course.)

DaremihC
03-19-2005, 03:23 AM
Mastering Materia is a peice of pie if you know the trick...

You wanna know my trick? You gotta solve the riddle... but thats for another day, in another topic...

Masamune·1600
03-19-2005, 03:49 AM
If you're really trying to do everything, it's more time consuming than you can imagine. For example, try getting 99 Iron Bangles. Since the window of opportunity is so limited, the only fights available to you give 24, 24, and 30 gil. This takes hours.

Then there are the situations that test your commitment. For example, the A, B, and C are Key Items, exchanged in the Shinra Building for a Star Pendant, a Four Slots, and an All Materia. Are you really going to skip that All to keep a Coupon meant solely for that purpose? If you're going for true item completion, you will.

Which brings me back to my earlier point. No one is going to satisfy every requirement someone can think up. Do whatever you feel defines a master game, and remember to enjoy FFVII while you play.

Sword
03-20-2005, 11:13 PM
One hard thing to do is find all the 1/12 inch soldiers. I can only find one T_T. Just few days ago I spent hours getting everyon else's limit breaks except Cait Sith's. I though I'd leave him for a while since he's rubbish. I already had Cloud, Tifa and Vincents' limit breaks at level 3 in disk 1 cos they were my main team members (first time I seen Tifa's limit breaks beyond summersault :D )

TheSpoonyBard
03-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Cait Sith only has a Lv 1-1 (Dice) and a Lv 2-1 (Slots) limit break, so getting all his shouldn't take too long.

Masamune·1600
03-21-2005, 06:10 AM
One hard thing to do is find all the 1/12 inch soldiers. I can only find one T_T. Just few days ago I spent hours getting everyon else's limit breaks except Cait Sith's. I though I'd leave him for a while since he's rubbish. I already had Cloud, Tifa and Vincents' limit breaks at level 3 in disk 1 cos they were my main team members (first time I seen Tifa's limit breaks beyond summersault :D )

There are two obvious 1/35 Soldiers in Junon. You can raise your total to 99, however, by winning them in Speed at the Gold Saucer.

Crop
03-21-2005, 05:22 PM
I did absolutly everything in FF7 except getting chocobuckle enemy skill(how do you get it) and apocolipse couldnt be botherd, yes i even did ruby and emrareld weapon

Raistlin
03-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Chocobuckle, eh? Well, I haven't done nor explained this in years, so I might be a little off, but here we go: First, get into a fight with a chocobo whose level is a multiple of 4(use the Sense materia if you have it). Might want to have some greens with you so the little bugger won't run away. Then, cast Level 4...Suicide? I forget the name of the Enemy Skill, but it's the Level 4 one. Then you got it!

Masamune·1600
03-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Chocobuckle: basically, get in fights on the Mideel Chocobo tracks; the chocobos that appear are have levels that are multiples of 4. Feed the chocobo mimett or sylkis greens (I believe), and then follow with L. 4 Suicide. The chocobo should counterattack the caster with Chocobuckle.

Raistlin
03-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh yes, I do think that you have to feed the chocobo some greens first. I don't know if it's any specific kind.

RIP Dime
03-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Get Lucky 7's only done twice! (Both in same Battle)

Vyk
03-30-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't see how anyone could have trouble with the Weapons. Maybe people just didnt understand the concept behind certain materia. In my first "full" play through, I didn't even know what I was doing with Ruby and ended up having Cid and Tifa kicked from the battle. It was just Cloud and Ruby one-on-one. But he had Final Attack + Life3. I had him counter attacking with Ultima. And W-Summoning Knights of the Round. Maybe cast Regen now and then. But keep up on the ethers/elixers with the W-Item glitch or just buy a ton and you're set, just watch your magic points. THough I suppose you could reverse HP<->MP *Shrug*

ljkkjlcm9
03-30-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't see how anyone could have trouble with the Weapons. Maybe people just didnt understand the concept behind certain materia. In my first "full" play through, I didn't even know what I was doing with Ruby and ended up having Cid and Tifa kicked from the battle. It was just Cloud and Ruby one-on-one. But he had Final Attack + Life3. I had him counter attacking with Ultima. And W-Summoning Knights of the Round. Maybe cast Regen now and then. But keep up on the ethers/elixers with the W-Item glitch or just buy a ton and you're set, just watch your magic points. THough I suppose you could reverse HP<->MP *Shrug*

Look this thread isn't about the difficulty of the weapons, cause if you really want Ruby easy, use Hades summon, or Stop on it, it's that simple.

But anyways, mastering the game does have some general things for everyone, but how about having everyone have a master summong, command, and magic materia... even those not in your party, yeah I've done that, mastered every materia a large number of times.... the secret, well it's really not that difficult to figure out, just think materia growth.

Anyways, I mean it's only so much fun to master a game, especially saying it's like, yes I have done all this.

THE JACKEL

Perducci
04-05-2005, 01:22 AM
As soon as you are able to, unequip Cloud's Materia, and then complete the game without any characters using materia, and without changing the character's initial equipment.

That's what i'm going to do on my next play through.

Oh yeah, if a character comes equiped with materia, you have to unequip it as soon as possible.

Necronopticous
04-05-2005, 01:46 AM
Well, it depends... Do you want to spend the rest of your life doing it? If so, consult THIS (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_perfect.txt) guide