PDA

View Full Version : FFI (NES Rom version) question

Curbie
02-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Can anyone please explain to me why the rom version of Final Fantasy for the NES just stops working after you get to the ice cave and go down the first set of stairs? I can't even get to the boss "Eye" and get that umm.....floating board thingy...to get an airship! Is there a way around this?

DJZen
02-17-2005, 05:53 AM
What do you mean by "just stops working"? Does the emulator crash? Does the game freeze? Are you surrounded by incorrect graphics? Does it knock you out and then steal your shoes while making insulting remarks about your mother? 'Cause that last one happened to me. It was annoying.

DocFrance
02-17-2005, 06:10 AM
You've probably just got a bugged ROM. Try downloading one from a different source and using the same save file.

Curbie
02-17-2005, 02:17 PM
What do you mean by "just stops working"? Does the emulator crash? Does the game freeze? Are you surrounded by incorrect graphics? Does it knock you out and then steal your shoes while making insulting remarks about your mother? 'Cause that last one happened to me. It was annoying.

*lol* Gotta love smart alecs. :p Anyway...what I mean by "just stops working" is this: when you see the screen go black after you've hit the stairs...and hear that funny sound...you know what I'm talking about. After you hear that sound the 2nd time, the screen goes black. It doesn't load any graphics what so ever. You can't see squat! You just can't advance any further. Not sure why. Maybe..just maybe its the emulator I'm running? I use Nesticle...any other suggestions? :confused:

DJZen
02-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes, use NNNesterJ.

Dragonfire
02-18-2005, 02:27 AM
yeah nesticle likes to chew up and spit out alot of roms.

Curbie
02-18-2005, 04:37 AM
Thanks guys, I've just D/L'd it and will try it out!

How do you use game genie codes with this NNNesterJ emulator? I saw that it made a folder called "genie" after I started up the emulator, but I dont see in the menu where I can use game genie codes... :confused:

Edit by Kishi: You can edit your posts. No use double-posting.

Sorry Kishi - I will remember that for all future posts :D

I haven't heard from anyone...just checking back in after a couple days. :confused:

Fire_Emblem776
03-01-2005, 03:29 AM
dont uses nesticle!!
Nessie is a much better emular if yiy cant find it let me know. It supports game genie and the gun (duck hunt).
fireemblem776@aol.com (can i do that)