PDA

View Full Version : Is this a glitch?

Legendary Caladbolg
02-17-2005, 06:15 AM
I think I have a problem with my weapons with counterattack and evade & counter. For example, if I am using Tidus with Caladbolg, which has evade & counter he will do that. Although if he is physically attacked and it hits him he will counterattack,even though Caladbolg doesn't have counterattack. The same goes for Auron. His masamune has counterattack. If he is physically attacked he will counterattack. Although if he dodges an attack he will evade & counter as well. Please tell me if this is a glitch or if this is supposed to happen.

YukiKiro
02-17-2005, 08:09 AM
happens to me all the time, it may just be a little treat not mentioned, but a cool treat none the less don't you agree.

Yuffie514
02-17-2005, 04:40 PM
counter is the same thing as counterattack ;) . same goes for magic counter :p , 'cept that the person who has it on will strike back when hit with a spell :cool: .

SeeDRankLou
02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Evade & Counter doesn't guarantee that the character will evade the attack, it just raises their evade when they get physically attacked. If the fiend has a high enough agility and accuracy you'll still be hit. The same with Counterattack, if evade is high enough then the attack will fail, but that character will still have been attacked, so the Counterattack will take place. And Magic Counter just counterattacks when the character is hit by a spell.

Legendary Caladbolg
02-17-2005, 07:42 PM
So what your saying is if my Auron's evasion is high enough and the attack misses he is supposed to attack back? And what about Tidus. He doesn't have counterattack but if he is physically hit he will attack back.

YukiKiro
02-17-2005, 08:04 PM
i don't know, my tidus just seems to counter attack if he's dealt, or is the target of, a physical attack blow. its almost not fun though. he can do an average of 75000 damage, and you might as well forget about him missing, it ain't gonna happen.

SeeDRankLou
02-17-2005, 09:18 PM
So what your saying is if my Auron's evasion is high enough and the attack misses he is supposed to attack back? And what about Tidus. He doesn't have counterattack but if he is physically hit he will attack back.
Evade & Counter is just Counterattack that also raises your evade so that the attack more easily misses you, and then you get to counterattack. Just as if you had high evade and Counterattack.

Legendary Caladbolg
02-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Thank you so much for clearing that up.