PDA

View Full Version : Decent Dreamcast games

Pure Strife
02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I saw a Dreamcast going for £24.99 with a VMU, Tomb Raider and Chu Chu Rocket in a local Gamestation this morning, so I picked it up. Got hold of Sonic Adventure and Soul Caliber while I was at it, and I was wondering if there were any other decent games on Dreamcast that were worth a look. Any help appreciated.

Mirage
02-17-2005, 01:48 PM
I hear Shenmue is good. Oh, can you confirm a rumour for me? Can you really play copied DC games on a DC without modifying it?

Pure Strife
02-17-2005, 01:50 PM
No idea, like I said, I just picked it up this morning. Sorry.

Destai
02-17-2005, 02:04 PM
As far as RPG's go Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia which are both out on next generation consoles. The opinions on them are mixed but I thought Grandia 2 was great and Skies of Arcadia alright.

Erdrick Holmes
02-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Capcom Vs SNK
Garou Mark of the Wolves (AKA Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves)
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Skies of Arcadia
Seaman
Carrier
Resident Evil 3

Sepho
02-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh, can you confirm a rumour for me? Can you really play copied DC games on a DC without modifying it?

It depends on when you bought the machine. The earlier Dreamcasts are capable of this, but I believe Sega may have remedied this problem on later versions of the console.

As far as RPG's go Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia which are both out on next generation consoles. The opinions on them are mixed but I thought Grandia 2 was great and Skies of Arcadia alright.

That's true about the ports, but there are still many good games for the Dreamcast that make it a worthwhile console to own. I know I've been missing mine since the day my brother smashed it against a wall in the living room (though I could do nothing about it, because it was technically my [other] brothers, and thus his problem to deal with). Furthermore, I heard that the Grandia II port was, well, less than stellar. I'd sooner play it on the DC regardless.

Rainecloud
02-17-2005, 05:24 PM
I can personally recommend the following titles:

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Calibur
Shenmue
Resident Evil (any of them)
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia 2

I enjoyed them all, anyhow.

Dreddz
02-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Hydro Thunder, Resi Code Veronica, Power stone 1+2 and Tony Hawks but that came out every where so you might already have it.

krissy
02-17-2005, 06:10 PM
shenmue
jet set radio

edit: ikaruga

dufflebag
02-17-2005, 06:14 PM
i think these games are good

jet grind radio
evolution 1&2
silent scope
dead or alive2 but you can get it on ps2