PDA

View Full Version : Loose Pain, gain Lulu

Gunblades
02-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I didnt really like Pain, she was simply a poor mans Squall. I would have enjoyed seeing Lulu instead, imagine her in that Theifs outfit, or as a armour clad darknight.

Dragon Ash
02-17-2005, 03:56 PM
I agree, but can you imagine pregnant Lulu in those outfits? Her usual Goth style dress hides that pregnancy bump but try picturing her in a skimpy thief garment! There's also the huge pregnant womans breast factor but I don't think that would bother too many guys!

redxiiii
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Your right, it wouldn`t bother me :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

SeeDRankLou
02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
No, Paine was the perfect addition to the group. Paine is awesome, and that's all that needs to be said.

*Paine is performing a special move*
Paine: Kiss me!!
*Dead fiend*

Sweet Beloved
02-17-2005, 06:19 PM
I nlikes Pain. She's perty cool.SeeDRankLou is right!

Ifrit rocks oldskool
02-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Paine's the best by far the best fighter in all the gullwings and the shady past is just the icing on the cake :p :p

Armisael
02-17-2005, 08:14 PM
No, Paine was the perfect addition to the group. Paine is awesome, and that's all that needs to be said.

*Paine is performing a special move*
Paine: Kiss me!!
*Dead fiend*

Gunblades
02-18-2005, 04:55 PM
lol, pregnancy doesnt show straight away, who knows if it even shows at all in the world of FF, well i hope the milky breasts do lol :)

Paine was plain and flat chested, she didnt even brood well

Dragon Ash
02-18-2005, 05:23 PM
lol, pregnancy doesnt show straight away, who knows if it even shows at all in the world of FF, well i hope the milky breasts do lol :)

Ok... I see your point but don't you think she would have started showing later on in the game, since she would have been nine months in when she had the baby?

Even in the world of FF, babies take up some space... unless they are stored in the womb as some kind of super condensed magical vapour and magically appear as a fully formed infant at the precise moment of birth! :D

lulusgirl
02-18-2005, 06:15 PM
or, it was rrrrreeeeeaaaaallllllllllyyyyy tiny baby and grew super fast.

Lain
02-18-2005, 10:33 PM
I love Lulu most of all, but Paine did great in ffX-2. She was the only one who keeped me alive while plaing x-2

Gunblades
02-19-2005, 10:04 AM
i fell asleep whenever they tried to milk paines backstory for what it was worth.

Dragon Ash, have you tried wearing a corset lol, i havent but i had a girl who did and it didnt leave much room for her internal organs let alone a baby. Now Lulu always looked slightly larger than the slimmest of things in FFX, but theres no way she could have kept that corst on and still had a pouting belly. I think that being a DarkMage she simply teleported her kid out rather than give bearth, and so the kid must have been stored away like a summon lol. Flat-pack babys are the way of the future :)
Then again, i dont know how she could reproduce with wakka

lulusgirl
02-19-2005, 02:33 PM
i fell asleep whenever they tried to milk paines backstory for what it was worth.

Dragon Ash, have you tried wearing a corset lol, i havent but i had a girl who did and it didnt leave much room for her internal organs let alone a baby. Now Lulu always looked slightly larger than the slimmest of things in FFX, but theres no way she could have kept that corst on and still had a pouting belly. I think that being a DarkMage she simply teleported her kid out rather than give bearth, and so the kid must have been stored away like a summon lol. Flat-pack babys are the way of the future :)
Then again, i dont know how she could reproduce with wakka

"Reproduce with Wakka"
Scary thought.

Dragon Ash
02-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Didn't think about the corset. So... compressed baby head... heh, that kid's gonna turn out to be as intelligent as his daddy!

lulusgirl
02-19-2005, 02:55 PM
if he's luckey,he'll get his mothers ability to pull through to the tops.*casts thunderaga* *zot!,hehe*

Gunblades
02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
well...

damn it Lulu was better in every way than pain lol

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 06:11 AM
Paine was the best character in this game.

Gunblades
02-21-2005, 03:25 PM
honestly..why? her character was paper thin, her backstory felt underdeveloped, she didnt bring anything to the dynamic as her femme-fatale image wasnt properply executed. While rikku was the perfect bimbo, pain just well, didnt perform. Thats my oppinion of course, everyones entitled to enjoy who they want :)

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 04:58 PM
I felt she was hilarious and that her character was far from thin. I can't tolerate any bimbos, even perfectly portrayed ones.

Armisael
02-21-2005, 06:58 PM
I felt she was hilarious.
Yeah specially when Tobli asked favours from Yuna..I'll never forget the "Run,Don't ask,Just Run,Run Now,Run Fast"!^_^

Chopseuy
02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Personally, I think Paine and Lulu are much alike. In FFX, Lulu kept to herself most of the time. Same in FFX-2, whereas Paine replaces Lulu. C'mon, they both wear black. Except Paine has the power to change her clothing, Lulu is stuck with the same for 2 years now. Personally, I wouldn't replace them.

Gunblades
02-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Lulu interacts with everyone, i felt her character and storyline were well writen and produced, i didnt think paine was funny once, just an irretation.

Chopseuy
02-24-2005, 01:35 AM
But Paine gave the Gullwings an edge, it made them look strong, because Paine was strong. Paine starts to open up through the game though.

lulusgirl
02-24-2005, 01:58 AM
she looks tough but she's really soft inside.

Chopseuy
02-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Not against Fiends, haha.

lulusgirl
02-27-2005, 02:20 PM
you know what i mean,shes a person with feelings.even though she doesn't have them verry often. :D

Sweet Beloved
02-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree with lulusgirl! Paine does have hard-rocker look to her but inside, she's totally a softie. I mean yeah, she pushes people away and (kinda acts like Squall) doesn't talk much, but she's probably afraid to tell her feelings or something terrible things have happened in her life so, geez, i'd probably do the same.

Dr.M
03-25-2005, 05:52 AM
Paine was my fav coz she kicks the stuffing out of fiends real fast. She sort of [and i really don't wanna say this] the child thay Auron and Lulu could have had.

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-25-2005, 05:58 AM
I like Lulu better. She has a cute little Moomba!

Cybele
03-25-2005, 06:03 AM
I thought Paine was awesome. I never cared much for Lulu personally, but Paine really struck my interest. When I first saw Paine, I didn't think that I was going to like her, but as I got to know her character, I liked her more and more. Her back story was probably one of the most thought out things in FFX-2. About Lulu being pregnant, I just think they didn't feel like making another form for her after trying to make all of the different dresspheres.

Kiwi Nazi
03-26-2005, 09:10 PM
lulu sucks, she's a horrible black mage, paine kicks ass. Rikku is still the best though...

Dormos
03-26-2005, 11:39 PM
I have to agree. Strange, how Square went from FFIX black mage awesomeness to FFX black mage... goth chickness? *cheesy record scratching* Wha?

Paine has some awesome lines, though, like:

"That's forty-six."

Rikku: "Duck Soup!"
Paine: "Duck what?"

"Kiss me!"

"The hardest person to know is yourself..." (The best instance of sarcasm ever in a game)

But replacing any character with any other? That's hogwash! If they replaced bad characters with previously made cool ones, we would have nothing to gripe and complain about on internet forums!

Lone
03-27-2005, 03:11 AM
err there was a big diffrence between pain and squall.

Pain was just like that becase of her past, and what heppend. Besides that, she was a very good person, much like a cross between rikku and yuna (if you watch near the ending, and some of the spheres you know what i mean).

Squall was alot diffrent. Sure his past was a factor, but he was the way he was becase of the way he was brought up. It took friendship and love to break how he was.

Gunblades
03-29-2005, 09:02 AM
how you were brought up is your past

paine sucked lulu rocked :)

la crepuscule
03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I will say this... I liked Paine for her angsty moments. That aside, I feel that (out of the two) I enjoyed Lulu better. Why? Because she is darker, more mysterious, and, well, she is a Black Mage. She reflects me more than Paine does. Even though I felt Paine was a decent counter-balance to Rikku's over-bubbly personality, I felt that Lulu was one of the few things that held Yuna's pilgrimage together. whatever my views, I liked them both, yet Lulu more. Dealing with the topic of 'putting Lulu in Paine's place', well, if Square Enix did that for every 'sucky' character, then we wouldn't be able to have such quality discussions like this, now would we?

Y-Rikku-P
03-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Paine was plain and flat chested(???)

What has that got to do with it?

Yew-Yevon
03-31-2005, 09:33 PM
I just have to ask....why does Lulu's baby look like a mogle?....I mean it ,IT HAD A POMPOM ON HIS HEAD!!!

Sephex
03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Paine was a good addition to FFX-2. I think Lulu would have been fun to play as, but it was good that they threw a new character in there.

la crepuscule
04-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I just have to ask....why does Lulu's baby look like a mogle?....I mean it ,IT HAD A POMPOM ON HIS HEAD!!!

I guess that moogles are looked on as being um... cute? Or it could be that Wakka did the knitting and didn't know what to do with the extra yarn? Or it could be that Lulu ripped the stuffing out of one of her mediums so that the child could be wrapped in the magic? Who really knows?

Perducci
04-13-2005, 04:25 PM

Dreddz
04-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Lulu just wouldnt work

1000_Words_chic
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
I liked Lulu but Paine was perfect...she is stronger than Lulu from FFX...and Paine is my best character...so...it proves that Paine is better than Lulu in FFX-2...now if Lulu were to be a gullwing...*pukes* oooh god...

TurkSlayer
04-18-2005, 06:47 PM
This is hard. Lulu :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: is beautiful and awesome at the same time! Paines just awesome! ... I know, how about they trade Yuna for Lulu! ... Someones going to yell at me for that.

Cruise Control
05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
No, it's a good idea...

naym asudeuh
05-03-2005, 08:42 PM
I think that's horrible. Lulu was wonderful and close to our main character...but Paine had been such a wonderful warrior. Lulu hardly leveled up and she kept dying on me. Now, no matter how beautiful she may be...They shouldn't be switched.

Mercen-X
05-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Define Femme-Fatale.

Cecil, Cloud, Squall, Amarant, Lulu, Paine. Those are all of the characters I know of who "brood."

Cecil broods because he murdered an innocent village. Cloud broods because he's not sure of himself. Squall broods because of his "destiny." Amarant broods because he's a total loner. Lulu broods . . . who the hell knows why? Paine broods because she witnessed the murder of a lot of soldiers by some mysterious force and her only friends nearly killed each other.

Paine: outfit, sword, attitude, strength of character.

Has anyone ever seen R.O.D the T.V.
Y.R.P reminds me of Maggie, Michelle, and Anita. Actually, Paine sort of matches Maggie, but Michelle is more of a mix between Rikku and Yuna. Anita gets angry a LOT so I don't really know who to compare her to. I guess a match to Rikku could work.
My point is . . . uh . . . I forget.

Paine rocked!

MoonZapdos
05-03-2005, 10:46 PM
I prefer Pain. She's much more powerful and aggressive than Lulu. :mad2:

naym asudeuh
05-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Pain & Aggressiveness doesn't get you a life. Look at Lu, she fought, she wasn't aggressive..and now she has a husband (as dorky as he may be) & a cute little son named Vidina. What does Paine have? Nothing except memories.

Mi-Chan
05-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm just thankful that there were gothic/punkish characters in ff. :] Anyways..gotta comment on this...

Paine was my fav coz she kicks the stuffing out of fiends real fast. She sort of [and i really don't wanna say this] the child thay Auron and Lulu could have had.

For awhile I thought that paine might have been Lulu and Wakka's futuristic baby. (scary huh..?) i mean look at the attitude/dress and then look at Wakka's hair..

nyu..

ShuyinRules
05-27-2005, 06:17 PM
paine was a cool fighter but her personality sucked.

i prefer lulu, cos black mages rule! they know flare!!!! need i say more?

The Anarchy Angel
05-30-2005, 06:29 PM

It's becasue everyone loves moogles! And it's only like a baby suit not actually a moogle-human...though that could be an interesting character!

foreveryrp
05-31-2005, 02:39 PM
paine is 1000% better then lulu paine would always be lulu down proof lulu is only a back mage paine can uses a gunner paine as the gun mage with cry in the night witch is better the any black magic attack there is in last full trottle.

Leene
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
:save: I like both of them! :save: