PDA

View Full Version : Probly never happen

Trusty Rusty
02-18-2005, 04:46 AM
I know this will more than likely never ever happen but I think it would be awsome if there was a Final Fantasy Tactics 2 based off of this one. Or at least a Newer version of Tatics that you can play the game through Delita's story after you beat the game or even Olan's Point of view.
What do you think of this?

Destination0
02-18-2005, 05:12 AM
ya that would be cool...
but as u said it might never happen

Despotus
02-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Maybe we should all flood Square's feedback site with requests for a decent sequel. Yeah, let's do that! Tell them that Tactics Advanced was a weak, sugar-sweet "sequel" that didn't do justice to the game's legacy. I too would love to see how Delita went about forming the new kingdom. He must have encountered some resistance to his plan. And what the heck happened to Olan in the new kingdom? He must have made some contribution, aside from passing on the Germonik Scriptures... :confused:

UltimaLimit
02-19-2005, 01:08 AM
I'd like to have Orlandu as the main character.

BG-57
02-19-2005, 03:01 AM
I'd like to see if Ramza hooks up with Meliadoul.

Palindrome
02-21-2005, 04:14 AM
I think it would be better if there was a prequal where you play as Ramza's father in the 50 year war.

Despotus
02-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah, a prequel would be awesome, with characters like Balbanes, Orlandu, and Elidibs to play and recruit. And just to add variety I'd love Square to throw new monsters in as well, like some Toonberries.

feioncastor
02-21-2005, 07:11 PM
I think there should be a sequel and the main character should be that Bart Rudvich guy. He was so fat that he was cool.

Feion

BG-57
02-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Oh, I'd also want to see some of the goings-on in Romanda and Ordalia.

darkblade117
02-24-2005, 12:48 AM
and Elidibs to play
buddy u mean elmdor, the white noble/ogre.. depending on which side ur on... but yeah... a prequel would be amazing!

Ichimonji
02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
buddy u mean elmdor, the white noble/ogre.. depending on which side ur on... but yeah... a prequel would be amazing!

Uh, no. He means Elidibs (http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/telidibs-f2.jpg), the dude you fight on the last level of the Deep Dungeon.

Mindflare
02-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Would it happen? Heck no. There are so many interesting ways to tie in another game properly. It would need to be a character tied well to the story, yet someone who's story isn't easily assumed. A character like Weigraf (involving the 50 year war, leading up to his ascention to White Knight, and inevitable death) or Vormav (what lead him to do all that he did, his motivations and manipulations before he is introduced). As mentioned before, we'll never see something like that. Square just doesn't have it in them.

darkblade117
02-25-2005, 04:44 AM
oh... okay

Dignified Pauper
02-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Sequel - An introduction into what Delita has done, and now, in his old age, it is time for Succession and thus, we start the story there... Maybe the first chapter can be the middle of Delita's reign, but the over-all story will take place during and after his succession. Most of the characters are dead, or old. A slew of new characters, and I dunno who a villain would be, but i think it'd be better than the direct aftermath of FFT

Prequel - Definitely the 50 year war, or before it, during it, and the up to the point where Balbanes retires.

BudSoda02
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Although this game does deserve a sequel, I'd like to see the backstory to Delita & his whole family. (From like the time they were orphaned to the time Delita helped free Oveila from the church.) That'd be great. It'd also be fun to see the 50 year war & Balbanes' story.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

BG-57
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
It would be especially neat seeing a lifelong rivarly between Balbanes and Orlandu in their prime.

vireblaze
03-10-2005, 10:05 PM
What about Zalbag's point of view?

bkkguy
03-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm thinking maybe the FFT Triilogy on PS3 that will come out in the year 2007 is a nice way o celebrate FFT 10th aniversary. I'm sure Square-Enix will make a lot more Dollars,Yens, Pounds, and Euros than the combination of FFX2 and (imo) rip-off sequel of FF7 all together. :cool:

Masamuneˇ1600
03-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I think there should be a sequel and the main character should be that Bart Rudvich guy. He was so fat that he was cool.

Feion

Can't happen, for the same reason we won't see an FFVI sequel starring General Leo.

Granted, you were being facetious, but I wanted to point that out for anyone who didn't know.

RedCydranth
03-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Technically if Bart were to be the main character it could happen, it would just have to be a prequel. Same with Leo and FF6.

I think the whole Mustadio/Besrodio thing could make an interesting side story. You could start pre FFT and continue through the FFT part having Ramza and Agrias as guests along with Worker 8, Reis, Beowulf and Cloud. And then have Mustadio break off while Ramza does his thing with the rest of his story line. When he breaks off you can choose to take either Beowulf and Reis, Worker 8 and Cloud or Agrias and (other NPC not shown in Ramza's story). After the division from the FFT story line, The story goes a different path than the 'Zodiac Brave' Story. Its my cool idea.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-01-2005, 02:29 AM
True, except for his use of the word 'sequel.' ;)

eestlinc
04-01-2005, 03:16 AM
What about Zalbag's point of view?

That would be awesome! We could go fight through the depths of hell or something.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Biblos's point of view.

Roogle
04-01-2005, 05:21 AM
A game about Alazlam, eh?

Masamuneˇ1600
04-02-2005, 04:25 AM
I bet they could make a really interesting game about that Cloud guy.

vireblaze
04-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I bet they could make a really intesting game about that Cloud guy.
They already did that in FF7, and they're making a sequel to it anyway.
As in Advent Children.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-06-2005, 02:50 AM
Yeah...it was a joke. :rolleyes2

TurkSlayer
04-06-2005, 02:54 AM
Umm, he didn't realize that was a joke? Oooooookay.... Anyway, I think they should make a game about the Fifty Year War. Where you can play as people like Balbanes, Orlandu, Weigraf, Golagros (for some reason I liked him, even with his minor role) Miluda, and characters like that.

eestlinc
04-06-2005, 03:21 AM
you could play Funeral's wild and crazy youth!

Masamuneˇ1600
04-06-2005, 03:25 AM

Now that would be an awesome game!

TurkSlayer
04-06-2005, 03:25 AM

Exactly!

dodhungry
04-07-2005, 04:37 AM
oooo How bout a game with Ajora and the origonal Zodiacs with it....

Vod
05-01-2005, 02:04 AM
How bout this?

A...not really a sequel since it's not afterwards and not a prequel since it's not before, but a game from Boco the chocobo's point of view, I know it sounds silly but seriously, A game where you have to go through battles to help wiegraf and then have the scene where wiegraf actually abadons you and the whole goblin ambush thing till the other characters come to the rescue, A new game from the perspective of one of squares most loveable monsters

HOORAY!!1

or a slightly better idea, make an actual sequel like full blown, starting from where Delita "killed" (put that cause I'm not sure if he actually killed her or knocked her out) Princess Ovelia, and how Delita has to be the one on the run and he seeks out Ramza's help, and in this one you can get characters like Balmafuma (or whatever...witch looking lady) and Olan and a few of the other characters that you wanted to get in the first one but couldn't who are still alive...like...um...that white mage who yells at you in the deep dungeon cutscene (sorry I didn't have any others)

Koryiaki
05-06-2005, 04:38 PM
im gunna have to go with from olan's point of view for 2 main reasons, probly more but shh lol. He has the coolest class ever (and has the all godly time stop) and because you really only see him twice even though hes tied into orlandu (reffered to as T.G. Cid). That, or another idea would (im actually somewhat debating writing a story along these lines) be the life of a commoner during the 50 year war or during the after effects of the 50 year war (during original fft). But not really steryeotypical life of course, with battles, fending off thieves, and such like that, i dunno, but i say it could go somewhere. Or as a sequal in the sence of you being a mercenary group sent to assassinate delita, ramza, and any other person pertant to the throne other than the prince (since that was the original plan; for the prince to succeed the throne).

Excelsior
05-12-2005, 06:28 AM
yeah, square should definately make some sort of prequel/sequel to this game, and try and make a sequel to a game that isnt FFX or FF7.

because FFX-2 was a piece of crap, and FF7 sucked.

Dignified Pauper
05-13-2005, 04:14 AM
I thought of a new prequel... Play the germonik scriptures out? In the time of St. Ajora. you can see how and why the church got corrupted, and then how the story got confused where the Zodiac Warriors were actually good instead of the evil Lucavi.

eestlinc
05-13-2005, 04:23 AM
How about Square just make another game with gameplay similar to FFT except even better, but completely new story and characters.

tiggage
06-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Perhaps a PC version with online battles between two players, exspancion packs to play as differnt main charecters, and user created maps, skill, classes, and creatures... If only.

till then, i'll just have to stick with vantage master online.

Lich3636
06-12-2005, 05:20 AM
hmmm Im kind of suprised this hasnt come up but... how about FFT but from Delita's point a view. for instance the first chapter would be the same thing but this would explain what happens to Delita after he leaves, how he becomes a white knight they could even add on to the end and go into Delita's reign

or the story behind beowulf y he became a heritic

or they could do this game from weigraf's point of view but they show what would have happened if the deathcorps had won

TurkSlayer
06-12-2005, 08:09 AM
How about Square just make another game with gameplay similar to FFT except even better, but completely new story and characters.

Well, they tried that, except the story wasn't BETTER, in fact it was an insult in comparison.