PDA

View Full Version : Bard

sc0ttk0lasinski
02-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Hi, I finally got level 30 with my WHM and I would like to know about the Bard quest, what do you do? Is it easy or hard? Just all that stuff. To any one that helps me thank you.

<job> = WHM30/BLM15
P.S. where should I party now as my WHM?
I would still consider myself kinda new to this game as in the stuff coming up.
Thanks for all the help ^^

Luc
02-18-2005, 06:14 AM
This quest involves no fighting at all, and will actually make you about four or five thousand gil. The quest starts in the Merry Minstrel Meadhouse (I-8) in Lower Jeuno. First talk to Mertaire, then Bki Tbujhja, then Tuh Almobankha. They will tell you about a song rune in Buburimu Peninsula. Now go outside to the Auction House and buy a "Parchment" from the Leathercrafting materials section. I would recommend setting your HP in Jeuno. Hop on a chocobo in Port Jeuno and be prepared for a long ride.

Make your way to Buburimu (Sauromugue Champaign -> Meriphataud Mountains -> Tahrongi Canyon -> Buburimu Peninsula). Head to the Khoonta Dunes at G-9. If you're on foot, watch for Bogys. Once you hit the shore, head west along the water through the cave. Once you're out, go NW for a short while to the Song Rune at F-9. Dismount and trade the Parchment to the runes for a cutscene.

Head back to Jeuno. Fastest way is probably to run to Windurst,change to a level 1 class, and suicide back to Jeuno, but whatever. Once there, talk to Mertaire for another cutscene and some gil. Talk to Bki Tbujhja to get information on another song rune in Valkurm Dunes. Hop another chocobo in Upper Jeuno and off you go.

In the Valkurm Dunes, head N-W towards the secret beach at B-7. Once you're through the tunnel, stick to the left hand wall and you'll find the rune easily. Click on the song rune for another cutscene, some more gil, and the bard flag. Congratulations, you're now a bard!

When I was level 30, I got the Kazham Keys (ask a high level person to help you if you know any) and took an airship to Kazham. I leveled in Yuhtunga Jungle there until about level 33(I think), then headed off to Yhoator Jungle. At 35, there's quite a bit of places to level..

Citizen Bleys
02-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Yuhtunga is for level 25-28, and Yhoator 38-31 or 32 for most people, and then off to Garbage Citadel. There's definitely higher-level mobs in Yuhtunga, though...you just have to move south.

Misfit
02-18-2005, 01:39 PM
and Yhoator 38-31 or 32 for most people, and then off to Garbage Citadel.
28-32*

Actually, I went from like... 31-34 in Yhoator in a few hours, that's right, 34 plus some "take home" exp, and got to skip Garbage Citadel completely. ˆˆ All you need is a good puller and party THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING!
(that's right, chaining Ts can get you lots of exp, imagine that!)

sc0ttk0lasinski
02-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Thank you DarK Cha0s, Citizen Bleys,and Misfit for all the help its greatly Appreciated (and thank you Microsoft Word for the spell checking) if you see me in the game wave to me ^.^

name =Uonuma
Server = Asura
Hometown = Sand O'ria

:beer: I am off to become a Bard :beer:

Since you guys/girls are being nice, could u also help me with the other advance jobs so I don't have to go look them up later?

thanks for all the help

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead. -Lollipop

lordblazer
02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Yuhtunga is for level 25-28, and Yhoator 38-31 or 32 for most people, and then off to Garbage Citadel. There's definitely higher-level mobs in Yuhtunga, though...you just have to move south.
I'm doing EAstern Altepa Desert with my 32 Bard with PTs who do it.

edit-Tyno lies!!!!! lol naw shes right I was there when she reached 34.

Lionx
02-19-2005, 12:48 AM
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/

lordblazer
02-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Misfit will stalk you on FF11 just a fair warning.

Citizen Bleys
02-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Since you guys/girls are being nice, could u also help me with the other advance jobs so I don't have to go look them up later?

thanks for all the help

Ranger's the second easiest after bard. You just have to talk to the Mithra Chieftainess in Windurst and then head to a tiger-infested cave in Sauromugue Champaign (southwestern part of the map, directly opposite Garbage Citadel) and wait for an old tiger to die naturally...and then get off the choco, hit the ???, and warp home.

I say the second easiest because there IS a chance you'll be eaten by tigers.

You'll need help with smn (just getting the ruby, with sneak/invis you can do the weathers solo), nin (to kill the leeches, they'll destroy you at 30), sam (2 NMs need to die), and drg (solo everything but the dragon fight) at the least. That, or level something up into the 40s or 50s and then you should be able to solo away.

sc0ttk0lasinski
02-20-2005, 09:59 PM
thx all

sc0ttk0lasinski
03-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Now that I got my bard and we are almost high enough to party, what am I suposed to do in a party? do I do buffs then play song? do I do buffs and back up heal since I am subbing WHM?

Lionx
03-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Well mainly you are to do this:

1.) Battle start
- Madrigal Melee
- Minuet Melee
- Ballad Mages(once you reach 25)
- Prelude RNG(once you reach that lvl)

2.) Mid Battle
- Requiem Mob
- Threnody Mob based on Skillchain
* May Bar-spell if no WHM
- Backup Cure/restick enfeebles
- Cure Status effects if you can OVER the WHM to save MP

3.) End of battle
-Paeon Melee
-Ballad Mages(once you can)

You are to buff the party and back them up in whatever they do to make down time as little as possible. ^^ You are to do this every battle and promptly instruct where the people have to stand so they dont get stupid buffs like a Minuet on a Mage.

Citizen Bleys
03-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I never Paeon the melees--usually by the time the mob is dead, our puller is on the way back with another one, so I recast madrigal/minuet so buffs are in place for more of the fight.