PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 5 ending (spoilers)

Sefie1999AD
02-18-2005, 11:49 PM
From a recent conversation between Sephiroth1999AD and Kawaii Ryűkishi

Sephiroth1999AD: I noticed that there's two different ways how "Chapter 5 Complete!" message can appear.
Kishiruni: Yeah?
Sephiroth1999AD: 1) Shuyin and Lenne are embracing each other, and as they fade away, the Chapter 5 Complete message appears
2) Shuyin and Lenne fade away, and your characters start leaving the Farplane Abyss. They go and check up at Nooj, Baralai, Gippal, Leblanc, Ormi and Logos, and then "Chapter 5 Complete!" appears.
Kishiruni: What do you have to do to trigger either one?
Sephiroth1999AD: I don't know. I was hoping you'd know. I prefer event 1) myself.
Kishiruni: That's the one I got, yeah.
Sephiroth1999AD: The first time I played, I got 1). When I loaded the game, I think I got 1) again, but after that, I've got 2) a lot.
Kishiruni: Maybe it depends on how the last battles go.
Sephiroth1999AD: I wonder if it has something to do with whether you talk with other characters or return to the save point after the long dialogue before the final battle (before you fight Vegnagun's tail)
Kishiruni: Could be. I don't think I've ever gone back.
Sephiroth1999AD: Hmm... the first time I played, I went back.

So does anyone know what triggers the way how "Chapter 5 Complete!" message appears?

Legendary Caladbolg
02-19-2005, 12:03 AM
The chapter 5 complete screen apears after you return to the save sphere.

Armisael
02-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Maybe it has to do with the percentage of points?

Heartless Shadow
02-19-2005, 12:38 PM
percentage completed i think is what triggered it.if you get to the bit were there walking through the farplane you can press x twice to see a scene and get chapter complete

Sefie1999AD
02-20-2005, 12:16 PM
The chapter 5 complete screen apears after you return to the save sphere.

Nope, after the final battle, you won't get to play anymore since everything goes automatically, so you can't return to the save sphere.

percentage completed i think is what triggered it.if you get to the bit were there walking through the farplane you can press x twice to see a scene and get chapter complete

Good idea, but this isn't right, either. If I reload a game and beat the last boss again, that won't give me any more completion. That's still the same 76%. It has nothing to do with the amount of completion, I'm sure. And it goes in one of these two orders for me:

1) Shuyin and Lenne are reunited
2) They fade away, Chapter 5 Complete appears
3) Yuna and others leave the Farplane
4) Whistle once to meet the Dream Child

OR

1) Shuyin and Lenne are united
2) They fade away
3) Yuna and others leave the Farplane, Chapter 5 Complete appears
4) Whistle once to meet the Dream Child

Any other ideas what triggers the time when "Chapter 5 Complete" appears?

Legendary Caladbolg
02-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Quote: "Nope, after the final battle, you won't get to play anymore since everything goes automatically, so you can't return to the save sphere."

I know that you don't manually return to the save sphere. But the game returns you to the last save sphere before vegnagun.

Armisael
02-21-2005, 06:55 PM
I know that you don't manually return to the save sphere. But the game returns you to the last save sphere before vegnagun.
I have done this but i always get the "CH.5 Complete" when the main team returns to Nooj,Baralai etc..

?M?y?s?t?e?r?i?o?u?s?
02-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Nope I think its where u have to pick the youth league or the new yevon to give the sphere u took back.

Peace Out ?M?y?s?t?e?r?i?o?u?s :JUGGALO 4-LIFE:

SeeDRankLou
02-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the final battle, like how close Shuyin gets to firing Vegnagun or something like that. Or maybe while fighting Vegnagun's leg, whether you kill those 3 nodes or not might change something.

Sefie1999AD
02-27-2005, 04:50 PM
SeeDRankLou's first theory sounds possible. It's not about nodes, though, since I've never killed them or even attacked them. And it's not about whether you chose Yevon or Youth League since that was on Chapter 1, so saving/loading the final battle and fighting it again would have no effect on how Chapter 5 ends. However, I've seen Chapter 5 ending in slightly different ways even though I didn't do anything too different in the final battle, so I guess it could have something to do with how quick you beat the final battles. With Shuyin, I used to beat him with normal attacks and Trigger Happy, but lately, I've been using Black Sky (Dark Knight's meteor attack) on him, and got the "see your allies and then Chapter 5 ends" ending. Maybe that was delaying the Shuyin battle so the "Chapter 5 Complete!" appeared later?

At any rate, I prefer the Chapter 5 ending to Shuyin/Lenne fading away.

Heartless Shadow
02-28-2005, 06:58 PM
i have played through the game twice and on my first try i choose youth league and on second just to see if i could get different ending i choose new yevon but i got chapter 5 at the same place so it is not the choice that affects the game