PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP

*Dark~Chaos*
02-19-2005, 03:23 AM
I'm thinking about getting the new PSP, i reckon its good how its region-free but I think I'll wait till it goes down a bit ( I'm broke :mad: ), tho its no very expensive - compared to the PS2. Or i might wait till the PS3 eventually comes out. :confused:

How 'bout ya? :tongue:

:moose:

Little Miss Awesome
02-19-2005, 03:26 AM
I think it looks really cool, but I think I'll have to wait until Christmas to get it, it's really expensive, but if the graphics are as good as they say they are, then yeah :cool:

mike without a hat
02-19-2005, 03:55 AM
No, i'm done with hand helds, at least for now.

Clouded Sky
02-19-2005, 05:09 AM
I've already got a DS. I want the PSP, and I'm getting one, only because my tax return checks will allow me to. otherwise i couldn't afford one without a bit of saving.

Shoden
03-11-2005, 11:02 PM
one question for ppl who have the NDS and PSP

which one is better

the NDS is cheaper at about £89

i 'm askin coz i want to know which one to get first

Ryth
03-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Yes! I'll buy it as soon as possible! It plays movies, takes photos, plays movies, and of course plays games with the greatest graphics on a handheld ever and not to mention the picture quality of the games, movies and everything are simply amazing I'm going to buy this as soon as freakin' possible!

Rase
03-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Nope, not interested. I'll save my money for something I'd use.

Alice
03-14-2005, 05:38 AM
the SONY psp doesnt just do games guys...

plays movies
mp3 player
image storage
im capabilities
wireless gaming
and regular gaming...

i neeeed one! Im definitelly gonna get one as soon as i have the moneys!

Angra Mainyu
03-14-2005, 07:35 AM
the SONY psp doesnt just do games guys...

plays movies
mp3 player
image storage
im capabilities
wireless gaming
and regular gaming...

i neeeed one! Im definitelly gonna get one as soon as i have the moneys!

most of those are on external memory.

who is gonna watch 'Saw' for 20 minutes on the bus anyways. even if you managed to find the time to watch a movie on it the battery would die towards the end (battery life is about 2 hours with movie playback).

thats the problem these days. you do not need for something to do 10 different things half-assed. if this actually had better battery life, internal memory and such and also not being HUGE(a psp could get swiped out of your pocket so easily). I just might consider getting one.

Oh wait, it'll be 300 bucks out of my pocket.'Please'

Sepho
03-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Handhelds don't usually catch my interest, and the PSP's 1% defect rate has ensured that I probably wouldn't buy it even if I had the money (or if I was interested in the first place). I do like how technically powerful it is, but throwing into a console the best technology at the time isn't the best option - for economical and development reasons. If I had a handheld, I'd rather have it for 2D sidescrolling games, instead of games that employ the potential of the PSP, and would take a long time to develop.

The last handheld I thought about buying was the GBA SP, but luckily I held out. I bought the GBA/GC player instead, along with both Metroid games. If I had money to throw away, I might buy the DS.

Xander
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Nah. From what I've seen of the psp so far I'm not interested. Firstly the only games I really enjoy on the PS2 or use my PS2 for our FF and Kingdom Hearts. Next I have a GBA SP which I play mostly at home anyway so I don't really want another hand held. Although basically I bought the GBA SP for the games on it that I was interested in, not the sort of console it was. Similarly they would need to have some games that would interest me a LOT that were unique to the PSP, to make me think about buying one.

I am considering getting a DS one day but it really depends on what they release for it. That looks like it would be a really different gaming experience, whereas the PSP just looks like a portable PS2. And like I said if I get handhelds I play them at home anyway so if I wanted to play a PS2 quality game I'd play in on the PS2. I can't really see what the PSP has to offer that's particularly innovative or brilliant right now. Okay, it plays movies or something? That's great but I buy consoles to play games on, not watch movies.

Basically I'm not gonna buy one because it's the new gadget to have, which is quite obviously gonna be the reason lots of people will want them, same with the DS too I guess. It's about the games and if they ever start releasing new, unique games that interest me just for that system, that really make it worth buying, I'll consider it.