PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors

la monk
02-19-2005, 02:07 PM
no one has mentioned the game so i thought id bring it up. just post anything you like dislike about it. you know just get someting going.

Heath
02-19-2005, 03:02 PM
I've played Dynasty Warriors 2 and 3, not 4 yet, sadly.

The games are fun enough, and it's got a nice variety of characters (Zhuge Liang > All. Clearly), and I quite like the music on it, which fits in with the mood of the battles rather well, I think.

The real problem with the game is that it can get horribly repetitive with the same "slash slash. You die. Slash slash. die" action over and over again. Still rather fun though.

Maxico
02-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Was the first one ever released outside of japan?

Heath
02-19-2005, 03:28 PM
http://www.kongming.net/dw1/

Apprently it was released everywhere in 1997, but I've never seen a copy of it anywhere offline.

Psychotic
02-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I love Dynasty Warriors 4. :D

Guan Yu and Lu Bu > Zhuge Liang. Zhuge Liang isn't very good for fighting really, but his strategies are always excellent.

la monk
02-19-2005, 04:35 PM
i forgot to say i think 5 is coming out in the US in march. oh by the way Jiang Wei > all

Erdrick Holmes
02-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I love DW4. I made a character on it once. I love the soundtrack to this game.

crashNUMBERS
02-19-2005, 04:42 PM
I love dynasty warriors.

1 did come out in america but it was a fighting game
I only played 2, 3, 4, & 4xl

Pure Strife
02-19-2005, 05:20 PM
The real problem with the game is that it can get horribly repetitive with the same "slash slash. You die. Slash slash. die" action over and over again. Still rather fun though.

Aye. Otherwise good.

Doomgaze
02-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Hopefully 5 (coming out next month, isn't it?) brings something new to the table. That said, favorite character is definitely Zhuge Liang. Maybe not to use, but, y'know.

Erdrick Holmes
02-19-2005, 06:02 PM
I hope it'll have a create a character feature like 4 did.

Spammerman
02-19-2005, 06:02 PM
ive played xtreme legends for 3 and 4, the regular veresions, and dw 4 empires. while the creat a character ability are lacking in everfything but empires, cause u can have any weapon:D but empires lacks the old story mode where u can unlock lvls and do that stuff. other than that there awesome

Psychotic
02-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I hope it'll have a create a character feature like 4 did.No way. I hope it has a GOOD create a character feature, unlike 4. That had only a few basic options. A create-a-character feature like say, the Smackdown! games have (but with a more armoury feel, of course) would be great but I doubt the games would be able to process weird characters with all the action going on.

I'd like to see a good siege level in DW5. Not one where you wait for the ram/catapult to show up and then kill a guard captain and then BAM! Doors open! But rather one with ladders, siege towers and other such things.

Plus there's a few new characters this time, but the only one I can remember is Pang De (Who I remember from DW4)

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I prefer Samurai Warriors, but Lu Bu is god in Dynasty Warriors.

Heath
02-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I love Dynasty Warriors 4. :D

Guan Yu and Lu Bu > Zhuge Liang. Zhuge Liang isn't very good for fighting really, but his strategies are always excellent.

Battle fans > All. =P

m4tt
02-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I prefer Samurai Warriors, but Lu Bu is god in Dynasty Warriors.
I didn't care too much for samurai warriors. Dynasty Warriors 4 is super fun, I think I maxed everyone out. I will be picking up 5 for sure.

Psychotic
02-19-2005, 06:46 PM
I didn't care too much for samurai warriors. Dynasty Warriors 4 is super fun, I think I maxed everyone out. I will be picking up 5 for sure.Maxed EVERYONE out? *in awe* There's like...40+ characters. I've probably maxed 25-30 of them out and that's taken me ages. (And there's some I can't be bothered to max out, like the HORRIBLY slow Wei characters like Cao Ren, Xu Zhu, Xiahou Yuan, etc...) I salute your feat! And feet. :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-19-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't see how you can like Dynasty Warriors over Samurai Warriors. The character creations are... well, I think Samurai Warriors has a better character creation than Dynasty Warriors but thats open to opinion. The games play the same basic way, but Samurai Warriors has been tweaked so that the system is just overall better than Dynasty Warriors.

m4tt
02-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Maxed EVERYONE out? *in awe* There's like...40+ characters. I've probably maxed 25-30 of them out and that's taken me ages. (And there's some I can't be bothered to max out, like the HORRIBLY slow Wei characters like Cao Ren, Xu Zhu, Xiahou Yuan, etc...) I salute your feat! And feet. :D
I just checked my file, I didn't have as many maxed as I thought. :p I do have all the Shu and Wu maxed though. Most of the Wei.

Doomgaze
02-19-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't see how you can like Dynasty Warriors over Samurai Warriors.

Because rather than being a dirty otaku I'm a fan of chinese history?

la monk
02-19-2005, 11:02 PM
what about final weapons? i have all in three and all in 4 except dian wei and wei yan and cao ren.

Manamana
02-20-2005, 12:36 AM
The Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games are the only ones aside from RPG's that can keep my attention. I've played everyone of them except for 2 and 3: Xtreme Legend.
I didn't much like DW4: Xtreme Legends. Samurai Warriors I find just as fun, though the infiltration levels get on my nerves sometime.
As to favorite character, for DW it would be a tie between Tashi Ci and Liu Bei. And Samurai Warriors is would be either Mitsuhide Akechi or Magoichi Saiko.

ZeZipster
02-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Aren't they releasing a DW for the PSP?

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 12:39 AM
I really love DW but I used to play it so much that nowadys its only an alright game to me. Gets alittle repetitive quickly now. To you're psp question yeah they are but its just called Dynasty warriors.

YunaGirl05
02-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I love DW! its so much fun!!!

Spammerman
02-20-2005, 06:18 PM
zhao yun is my favorite character but im like my own beset character. With the great sword created charachter i rule the field i was once got 1000 kills while lvl 1 in the yellow turban. i even killed lu bu in the first hu lao gates mission. i used gurilaa warfare.hit and run. trust me it wrks