PDA

View Full Version : Yuffie and Vincent.

LillyKimilly
02-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Hello again lovely people. I managed to get FFVII at last woop woop. But Ive reached disc 2. (cried like a baby in disc 1) and I still havnt got Yuffie or Vincent. Ive been through many walkthroughs but they tell me how to get them earlier on, so is there anyway that you guys know of that I can get them after disc one??
Thank you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mirage
02-19-2005, 10:34 PM
They're optional characters. You meet Yuffie as a random encounter in any forest, and Vincent is locked up in the Shinra manison in Nibelheim. You can get them anytime, so it's never too late.

Rednikcam
02-19-2005, 11:33 PM
I got Yuffie on Disc one just before going to Juno Port.

Shoden
02-19-2005, 11:49 PM
same here i got Vincent on disc 2 after i got highwind

LillyKimilly
02-20-2005, 12:05 AM
So is Yuffie the mad girl who nicks your money?

Shoden
02-20-2005, 12:15 AM
yes

Sepho
02-20-2005, 12:57 AM
I managed to get Yuffie without having any prior knowledge as to how to recruit her, on my first playthrough (though I had to look up how to get Vincent).

I was making my way towards either Junon or Cosmo Canyon, and I got into a battle with her. I remember thinking "She looks a little too... human, for a random encounter enemy."

Yuffie514
02-20-2005, 06:36 AM
ok, they're secret/optional characters ;) , but they're still a part of the game :p , so why weren't they in the spoiler: :mad: so weird :rolleyes2 . how dare they :mad2: !

Skyblade
02-20-2005, 07:47 AM
I managed to get Yuffie without having any prior knowledge as to how to recruit her, on my first playthrough (though I had to look up how to get Vincent).

I was making my way towards either Junon or Cosmo Canyon, and I got into a battle with her. I remember thinking "She looks a little too... human, for a random encounter enemy."

And you didn't wind up getting your money stolen on your first run in with her? That's rare...

Sepho
02-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I usually choose the statements that fit the role of the character, and we all know Cloud, so I was fortunate to have been doing so during my encounter with her.

Jenova
02-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Get Yuffie in the little forest area right beside cosmo canyon.

Get Vincent the first time you go to clouds home town, Nebilhem(sp?) You need to open the safe and get the key out of it. Vincent is in the basment in a coffin.

I got them both on disc 1.

cloud20747
02-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Got them on first disc
Yuffie- by Fort Condor
Vincent-Nibelheim(first time through) but watch out for the Lost Number he was pretty hard on my first but I was at lvl 20 now at the end of the game I'm at lvl92 Cloud!

Shoden
03-12-2005, 06:00 PM
ok this is weird i'm on my 2nd time round just got highwind went to the safe in Nibelheim entered the code right 36 left 10 right 59 and right 97 it says fail for some reason anything?

redxiiii
03-12-2005, 06:34 PM
ok this is weird i'm on my 2nd time round just got highwind went to the safe in Nibelheim entered the code right 36 left 10 right 59 and right 97 it says fail for some reason anything?

When inputting the numbers you can`t go over that number, E.G if you want to input 36 and you accidentily go to 37 then you`ve done it wrong!

Shoden
03-12-2005, 06:41 PM
i inputted the code so many times after another i know it by heart i take my time and i definatly put in that code and it says fail my game is glitched and i know it is are there any requirements to open the safe?

sephiroth JR
03-12-2005, 07:04 PM
yeah when inputting the numbers dont go past the number that your trying to get to, and when you get to the number press circle

Shoden
03-12-2005, 07:05 PM
argh this is frustrating me alot

i enter the code correctly and the piece of http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif says fail the retarded http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifsmurf bastard!!!!!!!!!

redxiiii
03-12-2005, 07:21 PM
yeah when inputting the numbers dont go past the number that your trying to get to, and when you get to the number press circle

Yeah, I just explained that :rolleyes2

Lady Relena
03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
I personally think those two should get together. I know Yuffi is a little young but Vincent can live forever so all he has to do is wait for Yuffi to grow up and then turn her into a vampire so they can live eternally together forever.

Shoden
03-17-2005, 07:58 PM
hmmm definatly aint suited Vincent is a shady silent character who has buried all his emotions in the back of his mind he isn't a vampire goddammit Yuffie is a very energetic thief who cannot keep still definatly not made for one and other

Squall of SeeD
03-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I personally think those two should get together. I know Yuffi is a little young but Vincent can live forever so all he has to do is wait for Yuffi to grow up and then turn her into a vampire so they can live eternally together forever.

Vincent isn't a Vampire, however. He's immortal, yes, but has no traits of Vampirism aside from this.

DJZen
03-17-2005, 08:29 PM
ok, they're secret/optional characters ;) , but they're still a part of the game :p , so why weren't they in the spoiler: :mad: so weird :rolleyes2 . how dare they :mad2: !

Why weren't they in the what? The ending? That's an easy one to answer: Square ran out of disc space. The FMVs on disc three took up all of the space that wasn't game code, graphics or sound. In order to allow for Yuffie and Vincent, they would have had to make 4 versions of every scene (one with Vincent, one with Yuffie, one with Vincent AND Yuffie, and one with neither). This woulda required more space than one CD contains. Besides, it's easily explainable that they wouldn't be in those scenes. They were just "off camera" :)

Lady Relena
03-20-2005, 03:19 AM
Ok just one question though if Vincent is not a vampire then why did they find him in a dusty old house and in a coffin and why could he fly. Not that I don't believe you guys but that to me has vampire written all over it. Oh and the whole Yuffi being energetic thing I'm thinking that she'll eventually mature into a beautiful adult.

Squall of SeeD
03-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Ok just one question though if Vincent is not a vampire then why did they find him in a dusty old house and in a coffin and why could he fly.

They found him like that because he was shot and killed in said dusty old house, revived through anatomic reconstruction, is morbid as all hell, and chose sleep as his punishment for "failing" Lucrecia.

As for the flying thing, I wouldn't call that flight so much as a backflip, not unlike the flipping he's seen doing in the Advent Children trailers. There's also the fact that he never displays flight at any time that it might actually be useful, nor does he fly when the party is entering Midgar from above by use of the Highwind and parachutes.

For that matter, even if he could fly, that's not exactly something exclusive to Vampires.

Let's examine all traits Vincent has that are also always characterstic of Vampires:
1) Immortality.

Now let's look at traits that he has which are sometimes characteristics of Vampires, but not always, nor are they traits exclusive to Vampires:
1) Dark surroundings.
2) Possibility of flight capabilities -- though unlikely -- but certainly extraordinary agility at the least.

Next, we'll look at the key characterstics of Vampires which Vincent does not have:
1) Vulnerability to sunlight.
2) The need for sustenance from the blood of other creatures.

The only characteristics of Vampires that he has are characteristics not exclusive to Vampires and not necessarily indicative of Vampires, nor does he have any of the key characteristics that would suggest that he's a Vampire. Further still, he was not killed by a Vampire to begin with, nor turned.

Shoden
03-20-2005, 09:07 AM
where do you get this from Squall?

Vincent looks human except for his eyes and gauntlet

Squall of SeeD
03-20-2005, 03:37 PM
where do you get this from Squall?

I'm not sure what your question is. Could you please rephrase it?

Shoden
03-20-2005, 05:02 PM
all this information where do you get it

I keep forgetting that not everyone here understands dubbed net words

Squall of SeeD
03-21-2005, 01:31 AM
all this information where do you get it

The information concerning Vampires? Mythology, pop culture tales involving them, classic tales involving them... such things as those.

limallama
03-28-2005, 11:04 AM
if Vincent WAS a vampire, wouldn't he turn into a bat for his limit?