PDA

View Full Version : Wild Arms

Dreddz
02-19-2005, 11:50 PM
I recently have bid for wild arms on eBay. I just wanna know if anyone has played it and is it any good. Ive recently gotten into PSX RPGs. I think they were alot better than the new RPGs you get now. Ive been so caught up in these PSX games ( grandia, vagrant story , Vandal Hearts , Alundra 1 and 2 , All Final Fantasys and soon if i decide to get it wild arms ) ive not really looked at any PS2 games. Any rumored or confirmed RPGs going ahead for the PS2. Only games im checking out for are GT4 and MGS3. Anyway back to the point. Wilds Arms worth buying?

Manamana
02-20-2005, 12:07 AM
I rented it once, and I though it was good. I didn't get very far though :( . But if your looking for PSX RPG's then I'd recommend Wild Arms 2, the best one in my opinion.

Destai
02-20-2005, 12:22 AM
I havent played one and two which are supposed to be very good and the original is being remade for PS2. I have played Wild Arms 3 which is very bad :(

Dreddz
02-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Yer Wild Arms 3 was meant to be bad but reviews to me dont count anymore. Ive got many bad games but which i still enjoyed alot.But most reviews point out that Wild Arms 2 was the worst. Also I dont think Wild Arms 2 was released over in the UK. Cause on eBay there were many Wild Arms 1 and 3 but no 2. Please can someone state me wrong

TheAbominatrix
02-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Wild ARMs 1 was a great and amazing game. 2 was very fun as well, I dont know why most people dislike it, I enjoyed it. Dunno about UK releases.

I wouldnt buy it off ebay, by the way. The remake of WA1, called Wild ARMs Alter Code F, is going to be released next month (in America at least) and it looks really amazing. I fully plan on buying it.

Regardless of which version you get, Wild ARMs is an incredible game.

Casey
02-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Wild ARMs 1 was a great and amazing game. 2 was very fun as well, I dont know why most people dislike it, I enjoyed it. Dunno about UK releases.

I wouldnt buy it off ebay, by the way. The remake of WA1, called Wild ARMs Alter Code F, is going to be released next month (in America at least) and it looks really amazing. I fully plan on buying it.

Regardless of which version you get, Wild ARMs is an incredible game.

Wow, thanks for the info. That game remake, looks sweet. <3

So I played Wild ARMS 1 years ago, its really a good game. Its been so long since I've played it, probably over 6 years.... But yes, if I can recall it was a good game.

Jojee
02-20-2005, 07:41 AM
I've just started to play Wild Arms I recently. ^_^

Matthew
02-20-2005, 08:09 AM
I liked 3 cuz it went more a Western route. The first one was kinda like that, but the second one was just way off. I still like them all, though.

Dreddz
02-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Whats Wrong With eBay?

TheAbominatrix
02-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I wouldnt buy it off ebay because the remake is coming out in a month. It has nothing to do with ebay itself. I wouldnt buy a graphically horrid game from ANYWHERE when a remake is coming out.

Dreddz
02-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I'd still rather get it as an original. Im not really bothered about the look of the game. More about the feel and gameplay of the game. I sound kinda I know but thats what I like

TheAbominatrix
02-20-2005, 01:21 PM
The feel and the gameplay will be exactly the same, simply with better graphics and extra optional sidequests and characters, but whatever floats your boat.

Dreddz
02-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Wait a sec So theres going to be more sidequests and stuff. If theres going to be extra things to do then i might change my mind. I thought it would just be an precise copy of the original

Destai
02-20-2005, 04:12 PM
The feel and the gameplay will be exactly the same, simply with better graphics and extra optional sidequests and characters, but whatever floats your boat.Are you talking about Alter code F or remakes in general because several remakes have totally lose the feel of the original. Besides Alter code F isnt even out yet.

Dreddz
02-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Bet it wont make it to the UK

Tasura
02-20-2005, 05:56 PM
ive played 3 and am at the end, i havent played the first two but i plan on it, 3 is ok, its not the best but its good.

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2005, 01:07 AM
It's the same exact game, with sidequests and extras and better graphics. You can groan about the 'feel' all day long, but when it comes down to it, the feel is different for everyone. The feel is a connection to the game. No, I havent played it yet. No, I dont know if everyone will have the same 'mystical connection feel' to it as to the original. My point remains that it makes no sense to buy the original, which looks horrid, when a remake is out right around the corner. I'm not stopping anyone from clinging to the original to get that little 'feel'.

Agent Proto
02-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Why get a remake when he can get the original off ebay for a cheaper price, most likely?

I have never played the first Wild ARMs, but I have the second and third. I enjoyed both very much. =)

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Gee, no clue. Certainly not the reasons I listed, or anything.

Sheesh, you people.

Lord Chainsaw
02-21-2005, 02:46 AM
I'd also recommend you wait for Alter Code F. The game looks like it is going to be a whole lot better than the original. It will have many extras including being able to have a kickass NPC from the original game join your party.

The game has a plethora of bosses, which is one of the main points I look for in a game. While there isn't much character development for the heros, some of the villains do have their share. The music is excellent, especially the B-Flash battle and Zed's Theme. There are plenty of side quests, optional bosses and dungeons. The puzzles aren't overly annoying, but they will stump you for awhile.

There will also be an insane superboss in the remake. He is the Iseria Queen of Wild Arms games. In the original Wild Arms he was the ultimate foe, with the Playstation limit of 65535 HP. In the remake he will have two forms, with his second form having 777,777 HP.

I definitely recommend the remake if you want the most out of the game.

Dreddz
02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
How do you know the game will be the same. They could remake it for the worse. They have remade games in the past and they turned out awful. Plus when it comes out it will be a full £40 or in USA bout $60 i dunno. When i could get the original for bout £8 sumin

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
My Day On Febuary The 22nd

Woke up at 7.30am
Ate Breakfast ( which was Alpen which was very scrummy)
Went to school by train
Entered school went to the Classroom and was Registered
Got in trouble by Teacher and got a Friday afterschool detention
Suffered through 8 lessons at school
Went Home
Noticed a strange package on the floor
Ventured upstairs in confusement and excitment
Opened Package
Wow my Copy Of Wild Arms has arrived
Being a Good boy I did my homework first
After placed Disc into the PS2
Started a new file
Played a Good 1 and 1/2 on it
Opened PS2 disc tray
Took game out
Placed in Box
Wanted a Refund!!!

Destai
02-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Gee, no clue. Certainly not the reasons I listed, or anything.

Sheesh, you people.
Sheesh, you in general with you're constant bad moods. It was just an opinion.

Lindy
02-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Y'know, within the first half an hour of playing Wild ARMs I hated it.

I played for a little while, set out that I hated it, and stopped playing.

Went back a couple of days later, REALLY got into it, and just played it religiously until I finished everything =X

The more you play it the more you'll love it.

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Maybe this game aint for me. Ill play it again of coase but it seems so bland and well lifeless at the moment. I hope it will turn out that the beginning was the worst bit and gets better but I already have a feeling that It wont. Oh well it was only £3.00 so not alot of money lost. Still think Vagrant Storys worse

TheAbominatrix
02-23-2005, 02:17 AM
Sheesh, you in general with you're constant bad moods. It was just an opinion.

Is it an obsession with you to tell me how I'm feeling? I was, get this, making a joke to Proto! OMG NO WAY!

Destai
02-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Didnt come off like a friendly joke. I read it as sarcasm for anyone who didnt agree with you.

TheAbominatrix
02-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Well it wasnt. Instead of accuisng me next time, maybe you could ask.