PDA

View Full Version : Best Ultimate Weapon(in your humble opinion)

ShunNakamura
02-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Basically what the title says.

My favorite is the Conformer. Reasons Being

1) It does high damage to any ememy decently lvled.

2) It does it's regular damage when you use Morph.(not sure why I like this so much but I do)

3) It doesn't lose damage as you lose Hp/Mp (ruby and emerald can both sap those stats)

4)My fav character equips it :P

Oh, and if you feel like you can post which is the worst ultimate weapon. Personally I think the higher hp based ones are the worst... now if they powered up as you lost hp I would like them more... but as it is I find them quite useless in the battles that I would actually want them the most.

Del Murder
02-20-2005, 04:03 AM
Conformer, hands down.

Sepho
02-20-2005, 04:15 AM
I also like the Conformer because "omfg it's a huge frickin' shuriken". That, and the fact that it dishes out a nearly consistent 9,999 points of damage (assuming your Yuffie is somewhat developed) while using Morph.

On the other hand, I like swords, and the Ultimate Weapon is a nice looking zwei hander. Cloud's attack animation doesn't hurt its score, either.

But I'm not voting </ typical>

Masamune·1600
02-25-2005, 08:55 PM
I'll go with the Ultima Weapon, since it technically has the highest attack power (100) and because, well, it looks the coolest.

From a purely statistical standpoint, the fact that Vincent's Death Penalty is based on enemies killed means it can eventually be powered up way past anyone else's weapon.

Shoden
02-25-2005, 08:58 PM
kiddin Clouds Ultimate weapon looks gay but its the best weapon there is in FF7

Sepho
02-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Shoden, could you please stop using the word "gay" in such a manner. You may potentially be offending gay people that read the boards, or even those that are heterosexual and still find the word offensive (like myself).

Besides, I know from some of the points you've brought up in some of your posts that you're intelligent enough to come up with a more suitable word.

Shoden
02-25-2005, 09:33 PM
the term gay actually has several meanings and i really would love to find the person who made Homosexuals related to this word gay and its 10000 meanings the term i was using is it looks like a hunk of crap

Sepho
02-25-2005, 09:36 PM
A word's meaning has to do with the intent of its use. You're right that the definition of the word has been skewed over time, but it's not the only word to receive this treatment, and I can't possibly think of how the word, or any of its meanings, fits into the context in which you used it.

However, this is a debate for another thread.

TheSpoonyBard
02-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Back on the subject...

Yuffie's Conformer is the best as it has consistent attack power while all the other weapons are variable. Simple as that.

Shoden
02-25-2005, 09:41 PM
agreed, around the world it has many other meanings so up here has other meanings compared to where you are

you know that giving cloud 2 level 3 HP ups at level 50+ puts his HP over 5000 therefore the da,age from his weapon is greater

Joshkabob
02-25-2005, 09:59 PM
The crappiest one in my view is "Death Penalty" It does like 900 on lvl 54 vincent.

Shoden
02-25-2005, 10:04 PM
really with my lv 65 vincent it does 2004 average it gets stronger with the more enemies you kill supposebly

TheSpoonyBard
02-25-2005, 10:06 PM
The crappiest one in my view is "Death Penalty" It does like 900 on lvl 54 vincent.
That's because you havn't killed enough enemies yet. Give Vincent SlashAll and equip him with the Outsider or the Supershot ST. Go to the forests between Mt. Nibel and Rocket Town and get killing Battery Caps (they always come in groups of 5+)

Flamethrower
02-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Write another one down for The Conformer. Aside from all the stuff that everyone already said, it is one of the first ultimate weapons you can get.

Death Penalty was by far the worst. Defenders of it keep saying "But it's power rises if you kill a lot of enemies", but by the time you raise it so it hits 9999 everytime, everyone else will have already reached the 9999 mark by levels alone.

Worst looking was the Ultima Weapon. Such an ugly sword. The Ragnorok was much better looking.

Shoden
02-25-2005, 10:27 PM
the conformer never did above 6000 damage to me so i don't like it i think Clouds Ragnarok sword looks better and the Apocalypse ? wtf?

ShunNakamura
02-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Hmm... I can't think of what enemy you must have been fighting.... Yuffie's conformer on high lvl enemies would always hit the same or harder then clouds ultima weapon when his hp was full.... and of course alot of times you hp won't be full(sure you'll try to keep it full but it still takes more maintanace then Yuffie's) Also Yuffie's weapon is long range... meaning you can hide in the back row without using a materia slot for the long range materia.

I know against emerald the conformer hit max damage every time. whereas cloud with his Ultima weapon was not(I was in my high 40's or low 50's when I first tried this). Against sephiroth once again Yuffies confomer hit harder.... of course none of my characters ever lost any hp ... so his Ultima weapon was at max power.

In random battles Clouds Ultima weapon would generally hit harder unless his hp started to lower.... and since for most random battles I don't bother healing for every little bit of damage.... his damage abilities drop... and then Yuffie still does more.

Consistency is very important to me... I dont' like having to heal every turn just to keep my attack power up... so generally I keep Cloud with his apocolypse or his Ragnoroc

Narcissus Reborn
02-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I say the Conformer, well for basically all the reasons people have already said: consistent damage, easy morphing, (a fave of myne since I am big on morphing things, for power-ups and stuff) and it's just as powerful for me as any other decent ultimate weapon (always 9999 for me).

Jojee
02-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Def gonna have to go with Conformer here ;) Go morph! I was disappointed in Tifa's final weapon :(

Joshkabob
03-01-2005, 12:04 AM
I didn't use Tifa, so I don't even have her ultimite weapon/.

Chopseuy
03-01-2005, 12:17 AM
I voted for Cloud's Ultima Weapon cause Ultima Weapon drops it and cause its cool looking. Conformer, though, man do I love that weapon. Nothing to the Ultima Weapon though.

ravenzero2000
03-02-2005, 04:58 PM
eh, I like Clouds, Barrets, and Vincents ultimate weapons, but out of those three i would have to choose Cloud's Ultima Weapon simply because, for me, he was the easiest to get to do 9999 with. That and his weapon changes color with the more health you lose> :) YAY!

sephiroth JR
03-13-2005, 11:58 AM
i aggree but the down side of it is that the lower clouds health is the lower the attack

Sefie1999AD
03-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Conformer for the reason many have stated: it's good against stronger enemies, its Morph does loads of damage (great for getting Ribbons from Master Tonberries), it's not affected by your own HP/MP/level and it's Yuffie who's using it. :D Ultima Weapon is cool too, though.

Shoden
03-13-2005, 04:37 PM
why couldn't ultima weapon look better it's colours suck bad its blade is small and wide why couldn't it be a longer Buster sword that was red? when it weakens it can change to blue then black when his Hp is almost nil

sephiroth JR
03-13-2005, 10:46 PM
i aggree i thought clouds ultimate weapon would be better, i think it should be like sephiroth's except gold