PDA

View Full Version : Zanarkand ruins - where to get phoenix down?

cb1021
02-20-2005, 02:05 AM
im running really low on phoenix downs and i need to get some before trying again to fight the boss.

where is the closest place to get/buy some??

rubah
02-20-2005, 02:20 AM
If you're getting killed it sounds like you need to level up some. There isn't a place to buy phoenix downs. Since you aren't KOed after every fight, stick around one of the save spheres to keep healing. Maybe then in the boss battle you won't be KOed and need them.

(or teach someone that doesn't die easily Life or Full Life with a white magic sphere if you have any left. like auron.)

Apart from that, I *think* the robots in the ruins sometimes give out stuff like that? I'm thinking of the really tall ones that kick you, and the ones that float out of the way. I might be confusing them for the monsters in the cavern of the stolen fayth, though (and I KNOW those give out tons of phoenix downs)

good luck though.

cb1021
02-20-2005, 02:56 AM
thanks for the tip.

alexholker
02-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Rubah is correct - both the YAT-99 and the YAT-97 drop Phoenix Downs.

sayen
02-21-2005, 09:53 AM
you culd just walk back to the clam lands agency and buy them there thats what i did plus you can get the cloudy mirro there and then trn it into clestral mirrror and have tidus and yunas clestral weapons befor you get the airship to fly round in.

cb1021
02-22-2005, 01:27 PM
wow this boss (yunalesca). did very low damage. i only had to use 2 PDs. killed her pretty quick with Holy and aeons. ;)

BahamutZer0
03-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Yah, shes not a very hard boss to begin with...

Another alternative is to just train Yuna till she gets Life! :D