PDA

View Full Version : problem when getting cid..

negareboshi
02-20-2005, 03:45 AM
i'm playing on my computer, but it didn't do this whenever i was playing other games with the same emulator... okay, i'm at the part where i get cid. after talking to him, i went back to his house and at the end of the flashback(assuming thats the end), after the short fmv(i think its an fmv) turns to present day, the screen blacks out... i don't think thats supposed to happen! i just got vincent a little while ago and i'm so happy cuz i had to try like 10 times to beat the monster and now the game just stops! >.< what could be the problem?? and what could i do to fix it, cuz i really really wanna continue! did this happen to anyone else?

Sepho
02-20-2005, 03:52 AM
PS1 emulation is always a bit shaky.

Try using a different version of the emulator (updates often cause incompatability with just as many games as compatability), or try using different plugins depending on which emulator you're using. You also might want to try creating an image (.iso) or BIN file if your'e booting from the disk.

I don't have much experience with emulation beyond the apps written for the SNES/Genesis generation, and the short amount of time I've spent with PS1 emulation was a constant headache.

Rednikcam
02-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Zophar's Domain (http://www.zophar.net/) has a great selection of emulators for loads of computers.

Here's the PSOne section for Windows/DOS. (http://www.zophar.net/psx.html)

negareboshi
02-20-2005, 08:08 PM
that's where i got the emulator, rednikcam. thanks tho. i'll try what you suggested sepho

Sepho
02-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure if you're still having problems and/or still checking up on this thread, but often times game-specific switches are programmed into the emulator's configuration.

I'd read the FAQ and read some forums for the emulator you're using. I can almost guarantee that someone else is having the same problem as you, and their question has been addressed.