PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Games

Clouded Sky
02-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Ok, ok. Here's the deal, I love playing games myself, but their on times when my brother just HAS to play. Which I don't mind. Problem is, I never seem to find too many great games with co-op elements. (that's assuming there are) We used to play a lot of Timesplitters 2 and Phantasy Star Online (offline, hehe). We're working on 007: Everything or Nothing right now, and we both really enjoyed Champions of Norrath. I was just wondering if anyone knows/could suggest some games with co-op modes they enjoyed. I'm into almost all types of games, don't be shy.

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey if you like RPGS then get Legend of mana. You can play 2 players. You might have to buy it through Ebay. That game is so freakin rare

la monk
02-20-2005, 08:56 PM
ypu can play ffIX two players. you set two people in your party to player two. yes, very piontless but it might be fun. look in config.

Lindy
02-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Legend of Zelda : Four Swords add-on to Link to the Past GBA.
Legend of Zelda : Four Swords Adventure on GC
Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles on GC

Xander and I finished Four Swords Adventures in six days, playing on and off, insanely fun.

But, you need GBAs to play all of them in multiplayer mode.

kikimm
02-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Hmm...Blood Will Tell has a two player option, but not for the entire time.

I can't think of any others.

Oh, GTA: SA.

:D

Sepho
02-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I've had some good times playing Halo co-op. They would have been wise to program a system link co-op and/or XBox Live! co-op, but nooooo.

That, and Gradius V is two player. Other than that, though, I usually play single player games. I like to do my gaming solo, for some reason.

NM
02-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Ikaruga is good fun 2 players. It's a top down shooter for the GC.

Pheesh
02-21-2005, 12:15 AM
i liked return of the king as far as co-op games go.

peace out and :rock:
EE

Luc
02-21-2005, 12:52 AM
The only game I've looked to play co-op so far are Halo, and Halo 2. And Secret of Mana, but that was a long time ago.

Lord Chainsaw
02-21-2005, 03:21 AM
The first game I would recommend co-op wise would be Halo 2. That game is insanely fun playing cooperatively, and the fact that you can play together online makes it even better. If you have friends online you aren't limited to team and rumble training. You can play custom games any way you want with up to three other people from the same x-box. This is potentially the ideal co-op game.

I'd also recommend Gauntlet: Dark Legacy if you liked Champions of Norrath. The evil mage Garm, using the powers of the runestones, unleashed the demon Skorne upon the land. Now you must find the scattered runestones across the eight realms (each guarded by a ferocious boss) and prepare to take on Skorne in his new crib: The chapel of the human realm. You will be aided by the evil mage Garm's sagacious brother, the Wizard Sumner.

You can pick it up for any of the nex gen consoles for a cheap price. It's highly adventure oriented, with a hub world and connecting realms that cover all the bases of your full fledged adventure game: Ice Mines, Volcanic Mountain, Plagued Town, Desert Kingdom, Airship Fleet, Castle, Jungle/Giant Tree, and Nightmare Realm.

Gauntlet is your standard hack and slash, with 99 levels of experience, a currency system, a shop, items, and crystals that unlock new worlds. The boss battles is this game's only weakpoint. While the bosses are huge, awesome, and ferocious, the fights are only about you and three of your friends hacking away at him and being a high enough level that you kill him before he kills you. The music is also some of the best I've heard in the game. One boss track in particular, the Altar of the Desecrated Temple, is a remixed version of the classic Gauntlet theme and my favorite video game track of all time.

Here are some other co-op games you should try:

* Mega Man Anniversary collection - Mega Man is an insanely fun co-op game, but people don't realize it. Simply take turns with lives. I recommend the playstation version of AC. I also recommend you start with Mega Man 3, the best in the series.

* Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - This game put secrets on the map. Diddy Kong teams up with his girlfriend Dixie Kong to free Donkey Kong, who has been kidnapped by the evil King K. Rool.

* Little Ninja Brothers (NES) - Fairly solid action/rpg from Culture Brain. This game is great simply because you can probably find it so cheap. Beware the encounter rate, however. Ninja brothers Jack and Ryu must save their land by going on a hunt for the liberty bells scattered across Japan. And if you find the sequel, Super Ninja Boy somewhere, steer clear. It sucks.

* Legend (SNES) - No, it has nothing to do with the movie. Although it isn't as good as the movie by the same name, it is a nice beat em up that is worth at least one playthrough with a friend. Control Kaor and Igor as they try to stop Clovis, corrupt son of the King of Selech, from unleashing the despotic soul of Beldor upon the land. Fun at first, but gets a bit repetitive towards the end. Awesome bosses.

* Firestriker (SNES) - This game is a fun take on pinball. Call it a crazy concept if you must, but it's an action/adventure hybrid game where you attack enemies using a pinball system. You are the Firestriker, and you must defeat the four boss beasts situated in the elemental realms to unseal the castle of Archmage Wilde. Short, but sweet. The game also comes with a fairly mediocre versus mode.

* Joe and Mac 2: Trouble in the Tropics (SNES) - Another niche favorite of mine, this game may not be the best, but it's a fun game in a prehistoric setting. A sequel to the somewhat average co-op sidescroller Joe and Mac, this game has the two heroes saving their village from the Gork, who has stolen a crown from the village which gives him omnipotent powers. Expect to traverse many worlds in the order of your choosing to collect gems from bosses to ultimately create a rainbow bridge and move on to the final showdown.

Those are just a few in addition to what was already mentioned in this thread (besides Halo 2, I just had to mention that one a second time). You can find the games I listed for cheap, so I recommend you check them out. When you get through with those, don't be shy to ask for some more.

Lionx
02-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :D The old NES ones those were GREAT.