PDA

View Full Version : Black Wizard in DoS... His old costume was better...

JuandiegoMoogleLord
02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
One of things that shocked me the most when I played FF! for the first time was the really cool character design for black mages. I was socked even further when I upgraded my beautiful OKA (the name of my first BM) into a wizard... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: IT WAS AWSOME!!! I used to draw him in all the pages of my notebooks, with some nasty catclaws equipped and huge top armor! Things were as nice for a long time, but then came that bastard Vivi... He made blackmages become fat arses with stupid colored pants... :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: Mr. Amano, I am still upset with thouh!! Now I find that wizards in the FF1 remakes are also fat and funny bastards instead of the almighty cool character from the original one. Also in remakes, whitewizards also have their hoods on, not being as cool as the un hooded one from NES that also looked awsome. What do you think?? :confused:

KaintheDragoon80
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
i agree! black mages used to be mysterious and powerful looking until Vivi came along. i like his character though. what were those evil black mages with wings that tried to take Dagger away again? (i forgot XD) they redeemed some of the black mage name in FFIX. yeah, the white mages with the hoods off showed SOME courage, haha the new ones cower behind their little hoods.

Flashback007
02-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Hmmm, I agree too. Altough I never had the pleasance of playing FFI in the NES-version. He looked cooler then when he was advanced. But the FFI Black Mage in both Origins and DoS looked the same. Difference is that he looks different on the "upgrade" now. But the Black Wizard in the NES FFIII look the same, at least I think so, maybe it's just how they would rather like it.

omnitarian
02-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, I'm a FF3j fan, so I have no qualms with the new Black Wizard. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes, the pants have been around since the third game. Don't blame Vivi.

JuandiegoMoogleLord
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah'y guess you are kupo right about III. That was also Amano's doing, so I still hate him for that (even though I love him for pretty much everything else). But still, I dont like that character design because BW deserve better than circus clothing.

Garland
02-24-2005, 11:32 PM
The FF1-NES Black Mage design with full robes is better than the later FF Black Mage design with circus pants. However, the circus pants Black Mage is better than the crewcut and shoulder pads sporting buffoon they called a Black Wizard in FF1-NES.

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Well, I have to slightly disagree. While I do hate teh ciruse pants look, I did not like how the old sprite took off his hat. I wish that the BW didn't have the hat taken off of him, because revealing his face kind of removes some of the mystery behind the black mage/wizard.

JuandiegoMoogleLord
02-25-2005, 09:22 PM
I think that you re right about the hat. I would have liked BW to look something more like D, the VampHnter. That would look like the cool NES BW, but with the hat still on.