PDA

View Full Version : Malboro - Help

seiyuimore
02-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Is there anyway to defeat Malboro with St-j-D 2x & El-J-D 2x for 2 GFs?
I think I couldnt' find a GF with ST-J-D 4x

Or is there any other way to get the Malboro Tentacle? Thru Card games or stuff?

Is there any other way to get Remedy + without Med Lv Up Remedy?

Thanks. Help appreciated :)

NM
02-20-2005, 11:52 PM
You can defeat Malboros with just two status defence junctions. Just make sure your protected from Confuse and Beserk. However you should have at least 1 GF with 4X Status defence. Siren and Cerburus both have the ability if I remember correctly. If you have Odin then you may get lucky and he'll appear and slice up the Malboro's for you. Don't count on it though. In my experience he usually shows up when you have to face something you could kill by sneezing on it.

You can also get Malboro tentacles by using card mod on a Malboro card. But you do need something like 6 to make 1 tentacle so it'll take a while to get the 6 you'll need for Doomtrain.

As for the remedy+, I don't know the answer to that one. I'm sure they can be stolen from something but I couldn't say for sure.

seiyuimore
02-21-2005, 12:03 AM
I have Siren, but she didn't give me St-J-D 4x. She only give me St-J-D 2x

And how many tentacles it will drop after each fight?

Where to find the most Malboro enemy in town? cause in Abanon Esthar, I only find Memerize

rubah
02-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Actually Cerberus and Doomtrain have statdef x4. But if you're looking for malboro tentacles and remedy+, you probably only have cerberus:)

You can mug malboro tentacles then run away, if you can't survive bad breath. Usually you'll get about 4-8. plenty for doomy.

You have to have med level+ to get remedy+. that's the easy one, really:)

They show up the most often on the island closest to heaven. It's really annoying for me to find, so just go north east a LITTLE ways off of where that huge forest is, and keeping looking for one that says 'island closest to heaven' in the status screen.

seiyuimore
02-21-2005, 12:15 AM
which GF has Med Lv Up?

rubah
02-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Alexander does.

YukiKiro
02-21-2005, 12:31 AM
the thing i did was get odin, that way i at least had a chance of beating the malboro before i ran out of the battle like a scared puppy looking at godzilla. yeah, those malboros are that scary.

Skyblade
02-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Nah. Just use Card Mod on Doomtrain's card and/or complete the Shumi Village side quest. End result? Even without Cerberus and Doomtrain, you can get Stat-Def Jx4. Junction Confuse, Berserk, Sleep, and Pain. Malboros will no longer be a problem.

Laugh at face of Danger
02-22-2005, 10:42 PM
i had the same problem with Marlboros too, 100x pain, confuse and beserk work well, if not, use treatment command. Make sure you do have at least one GF with the ST-J-DEFx4 ablilty...it'll be useful. You should get around six tentacles from one fight (i was just lazy and waited for Odin to kikc their butts though ^_^;)