PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown VS Raw

YunaGirl05
02-21-2005, 01:17 AM
So which do you like better smackdown or Raw. I like Raw alot better.

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 01:19 AM
I like Raw better too. It has the more oldschool feel.

Yamaneko
02-21-2005, 01:24 AM
I only used to watch Raw when Smackdown didn't exist. I vote Raw. I haven't watched wrestling in ages, though.

DaggerFlux
02-21-2005, 01:45 AM
i like raw better, i find trish stratus really entertaining, i also like triple h and and batista

YunaGirl05
02-21-2005, 03:45 AM
i like raw better, i find trish stratus really entertaining, i also like triple h and and batista

Batista might go to Smackdown. *tears* stupid smackdown trying to take all our good people!

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 04:42 AM
I don't like HHH or Batista, so I don't like this current storyline. But I do like HBK, Jericho, Bischoff, Randy Orton, Edge, Christian... plenty of good people where Smackdown only has Angle and Rey Mysterio.

Dingo Jellybean
02-21-2005, 07:28 AM
It's pretty much the same product either way.

But it was smart for WWE to split up into two separate shows. It gives people like Randy Orton and John Cena more of a chance to become stars themselves. The Big Show probably would have never had a PPV Main Event if it wasn't for this split.

But I like Smackdown! better, since the athletes are better. Too bad the Undertaker is more like a 2nd-rate character now, instead of competing every month for the WWE title.

Rainecloud
02-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Smackdown has been suffering since ... well, it's been suffering for well over a year now. Rather than putting talented wrestlers like Chavo Guerrero, Akio, Paul London, Billy Kidman, Charlie Haas and others in matches on Smackdown and on PPV, the bookers are putting on absolute garbage, namely Heidenreich, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak and Kenzo Suzuki. WWE needs to realise that storylines aren't the only reason why people watch professional wrestling. Oh, and even though Kurt Angle is a wrestling god, he can't save Smackdown from stinking out arenas every week.

I prefer the Raw brand. Amazing wrestlers such as Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Batista, Shelton Benjamin - and my personal favourite Christian - are all on Raw, and they tear the house down each and every single week. Raw is definitely the superior brand with the superior booking, athletes, storylines and matches.

Doc Sark
02-21-2005, 03:22 PM
When JBL and Big Show are headlining over talent like John Cena and Kurt Angle your show has got problems player. I didn't really enjoy the pay per view at all to be honest, the 'Taker match was so dull I nearly fell asleep and how predictable the outcome of the main event was. As soon as he went through the ring it was so obvious what was going to happen next. Meh, I'm gonna with Raw.

The Prophet
02-21-2005, 11:13 PM
*Rant Time*

Here it goes... the WWE is a bunch of overpaid preformers that do nothing besides punch and kick each other to a boring death (besides guys like Jericho, Benoit, RVD, and Mysterio) Guys like HHH and Randy Orton are not great wrestlers. They may say they are, but they aren't. When I want to watch WRESTLING, I pop in a Ring of Honor dvd. That is wrestling my friends. If you are a wrestling fan, go out and find Ring of Honor. I am glad I did.

(Kinda of a small rant, but it works)

DaggerFlux
02-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Batista might go to Smackdown. *tears* stupid smackdown trying to take all our good people!

i hope he doesnt go to smackdown either, i want triple H vs batista at wrestlemania.

i am christians number one peep!! lol

Dingo Jellybean
02-22-2005, 06:50 AM
I guess I'm the only one who prefers the SD! brand.

Essentially they're both the same. I mean when you talk of SD! taking RAW's talent, Raw took Benoit, so it's just a cycle.

SD! use to be The Rock's Show, but he's too busy making movies. Brock LEsnar use to be a SD! character, but I guess using Batista will replace him. So I guess it'll be a Triple Threat match at WWXXI, with TBS, Cena, and JBL.

Del Murder
02-23-2005, 02:04 AM
Come on, if you didn't see the turn on HHH coming you haven't been watching. :)

The tag match at the 10:00 hour of Raw is a good example of what is right and wrong with the show. They are good because they have all these great performers like HBK, Orton, Edge, and Christian, but what's wrong is that none of them are in the main storyline. At least Batista is gaining some credibility with me with that contract signing segment. I just don't like HHH always being the champ.

Dingo Jellybean
02-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Come on, if you didn't see the turn on HHH coming you haven't been watching. :)

The tag match at the 10:00 hour of Raw is a good example of what is right and wrong with the show. They are good because they have all these great performers like HBK, Orton, Edge, and Christian, but what's wrong is that none of them are in the main storyline. At least Batista is gaining some credibility with me with that contract signing segment. I just don't like HHH always being the champ.

I even told someone through IM 5-6 weeks ago that when Batista won the Rumble, he would face HHH. It was SO obvious that HHH was behind those SD! videos. Even when Long went into Bish's office Bish was like "You better quit playing those videos" and such and Long was like "I don't know what you're talking about playa". So that was obvious it was HHH.

What will be more interesting is who was actually driving JBL's limo last week on RAW.

I got a feeling TBS will be in the mix for the title, even though it'll be a better main event with JBL vs. Cena. I always thought Booker T should be competing for the title everytime, he has that superstar stature to him. I mean if Benoit can have a share of the title, then Booker can to. I'm not belittling Benoit because he's great, but I think he and Booker on even in terms of overall appeal. Benoit probably has more talent, but Booker has that character. SD! could probably be a better show if Brock Lesnar was still around and RVD not being out and if the Rock was still on the show and the Undertaker wasn't treated like some pre-fight card.