PDA

View Full Version : Save Arrested Development

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 04:40 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/Arrested/petition.html

I know that these online petitions are pointless, but not very often does there come something that I feel is worth using my own effort to save. I love this show. This and 24 are the best two things on television.

Also feel free to discuss the show. Gob is my favorite character. For some reason it wasn't on tonight. It's already starting. :(

EDIT: Gob.

Miriel
02-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Dear Arrested Development Fans:

Thank you for your e-mail and your passionate support of Arrested
Development. While the show has finished production for its second
season, contrary to the rumors you may have heard or read on the
internet, it is NOT cancelled.

We at FOX love Arrested Development and we look forward to having
the Bluth family back on FOX in the future-hopefully for many years.
You can help make the show a bigger success by getting as many
people as possible to start watching the show this Sunday and every
Sunday at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Sincerely,

Fox Broadcasting Company

I'm not sure how much I trust Fox's word, but at least for the time being, AD seems to be safe. But honestly, it's not going to last that much longer. Audiences seem to have a hard time spotting QUALITY material in the sea of reality TV crap.

Fox really should've milked the Emmy wins as much as they could instead of promoting things like American friggen Dad.

Best thing that could happen for AD is if Fox drops them and HBO picks them up. The show could really thrive on HBO.

omnitarian
02-21-2005, 04:58 AM
Well, I know petitiononline petitions are worthless, but I signed it anyway.

Arrested Development is the greatest show on TV, and if you aren't watching it, I pity you.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about Arrested getting canned right this minute. There'll be a 1 hour premier in two weeks, and they say they'll be showing reruns all summer long. A FOX exec has also said that they really like AD, and won't let it go so easily (what Miriel said). So... there's hope.

I do like Gob, but he isn't my favorite character. They're all my favorite. :love:

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 05:03 AM
That is some good news Miriel. I heard that production stopped after 18 episodes and was under the impression that meant cancellation.

The Captain
02-21-2005, 05:08 AM
Fox is notorious for "postponing" production indefinitely, and in essence, leaving a show in limbo. They've done it to countless shows, including a few personal favorites of mine, so I'll sign any petition to keep good TV on the air and in production.

Take care all.

eestlinc
02-21-2005, 05:19 AM
I stopped watching new shows on television a few years ago, so I haven't seen this one at all. But it must be pretty good, so I'll sign the petition.