PDA

View Full Version : what is better, Vivi or Garnet/dagger?

Vivi's pet sliver
02-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Though I say Vivi, I've heard many different opinion's over the years. I'd like yours? :skull3:

PLz reply soon

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 04:51 AM
Vivi is much better. 'Lost your voice'? Don't give me none of that.

Vivi's pet sliver
02-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Man u rock, Vivi is the greates he has been my greatest influince in final fantasy

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Do not post multiple times in a row like that. Thanks in advance.

LifeAsABullet
02-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Vivi is awesomeness. NEVER LET SOMEONE FOOL YOU WHEN IT COMES TO THIS AGAIN! :D :D :D :D

Vivi's pet sliver
02-21-2005, 05:28 AM
YES U ARE RIGHT, NO 1 CAN MATCH THE POWER OF VIVI ALL HAIL VIVI :bow: ALL HAIL VIVI :bow:

and here is a little vivy pope quiz for all those vivi lovers out there

does vivi
a.meet his father
b.learned he had a father
c.kicks ass
d.gets cloned in some form or another
in final fantasy IV

feel free to pick two

EDIT: Next time use the edit button instead of double posting. It's right below the post. -Grand Theft

Luc
02-21-2005, 05:40 AM
I personally like Vivi, I think he's an awesome character overall. Not sure who I like more out of him and Dagger, but he's still a good character.

Vivi's pet sliver
02-21-2005, 05:42 AM
dark u are truly cnfused come with me so u may know the bliss that is vivi

Destination0
02-21-2005, 05:43 AM
Master vivi rocks.....
one of the best (personally...I think he is the best) magic user in entire ff series

Vivi's pet sliver
02-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Destination u are truly my freind, u have endured and have found the bliss that is vivi

sayen
02-21-2005, 09:58 AM
vivis ultmate move sucks if you dont have auto reflect amd osma absorbs the damage then again it abosbs damage from arc to so....

i donno i alwasy had both in my party perticly after i got odins sword ability flare+odin=http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif loads a damage. eiko isent bad but she cant absorb holy like garnet. vivis probibly my fave mage but odins my fave summon

Rostum
02-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Vivi has some awesome power. I was more interested in Garnet as a character, but didn't exactly like her gameplay, expecially when she loses her voice.

Xander
02-21-2005, 01:38 PM
The losing her voice thing was rather annoying. xD

So yeah, Vivi. And cos he was just such a cute little guy, with some awesome power.

boris no no
02-21-2005, 03:02 PM
i prefer garnet.
vivi is cute but i've always prefered white mages. mainly because i would love to go around curing people and having eidlons as my best friends!

:save: :save: :save: CURE! :save: :save: :save:

:love:

DaggerFlux
02-21-2005, 03:17 PM
i like vivi cos hes such a loveable little guy. so cute :love: but i like dagger too.

the one i wud rather use in battle is vivi, cos of his power

Lucca
02-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Vivi is better. Garnet, well I like her too, but she is sometimes way melodramatic. Vivi is a very tragic character, he`s just a small and nice kid finding his meaning of life. And he looks adorable. Just look at those EYES. And that hat, I could use one. And his way of walking and thumping werever he goes. Not to mention the funny running away in the Evil Forest.

Alice
02-26-2005, 01:33 AM
I like ... *thinks more* id have to say garnet.. just because i know about her history and i love the fact that like.. asll her family was slaughtered.. and shes one of the only summoners left in their world... its cool...

Vivi.. hes cool too though!

DocFrance
02-26-2005, 01:39 AM
If you equip your characters that absorbs or nullifies dark damage, then have Vivi cast Doomsday, you can deal serious damage and heal some of your characters at the same time. I don't think Garnet can do that.

Quina
02-26-2005, 02:29 AM
Vivi of course! :love: I hope my reply was soon enough!

black
02-26-2005, 10:55 AM
i preffer vivi alot more then garnet as he can use powerful black spells like thundreraga, and fireaga.

Zangan
02-26-2005, 11:53 PM
The person who thought that they could get away with creating a character who is purely magic orientated (i.e. Dagger) and for a substantial period of the game is disabled from casting magic, deserves to be thrown in a vat of boiling urine.

Oh, Vivi of course.

Swordicanus
02-27-2005, 01:50 PM
vivi without a doubt i have had him inme team since i first got it he is savage with magic VIVI RULES :tongue:

I Don't Need A Name
02-27-2005, 09:28 PM
YES U ARE RIGHT, NO 1 CAN MATCH THE POWER OF VIVI ALL HAIL VIVI :bow: ALL HAIL VIVI :bow:

and here is a little vivy pope quiz for all those vivi lovers out there

does vivi
a.meet his father
b.learned he had a father
c.kicks ass
d.gets cloned in some form or another
in final fantasy IV

feel free to pick two
well vivi definately KICKS ASS!! GO VIVI!!! UR THE MAN!!! and he does get somewhat cloned in ff IV there are black mages all over the place!

Heath
03-01-2005, 05:27 PM
well vivi definately KICKS ASS!! GO VIVI!!! UR THE MAN!!! and he does get somewhat cloned in ff IV there are black mages all over the place!

I think if anything, Vivi is a clone of those black mages. And those are clones of black mages from FFI.

Having said that, I prefer Black magic over White, but White is still useful.

Sepho
03-01-2005, 05:47 PM
From a gameplay standpoint, I much prefer Vivi over Garnet.

I think Vivi vs. Eiko would be a better match-up, because I believe Eiko to be a far superior white mage to Garnet.

Storywise, no contest - Vivi, and the emotional impact he has on the player, is my favorite character in the game, and one of my favorite characters in the entirety of the series.

Dking'squeen
03-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I'll say Vivi because I use him and like him more than Garnet

Valhalla
03-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Garnet may kind of be better, because, theres actually no need for vivi,(expept if you have shadow absorbing stuff, so you can use doomsday as a healing and damaging magic) His magic aint that damaging, and when Steiner has all his swordskills theire definitively alot better than Sword Magic, Garnet can heal and summon, the summoning aint that devasting, but Ark does ok damage, and with Eidolon is kind of good

I Don't Need A Name
03-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I think if anything, Vivi is a clone of those black mages. And those are clones of black mages from FFI.

Having said that, I prefer Black magic over White, but White is still useful.
yea but vivi is better!

Flashback007
03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Vivi is the best charachter in whole FF. Except for Mog then. But Vivi is the king of the Black Mages.

Maya
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Iīm on disk one in my game but Vivi is my favourite already.
I didnīt know that some charachter could be so funny, cute and powerful. :D
Vivi is the best!!!

Pouring Rain
03-10-2005, 02:12 AM
vivis ultmate move sucks if you dont have auto reflect amd osma absorbs the damage then again it abosbs damage from arc to so....

i donno i alwasy had both in my party perticly after i got odins sword ability flare+odin=http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif loads a damage. eiko isent bad but she cant absorb holy like garnet. vivis probibly my fave mage but odins my fave summonfor some reason, my eiko just absorbs any type of magic. i think that is so cool

Garnet may kind of be better, because, theres actually no need for vivi,(expept if you have shadow absorbing stuff, so you can use doomsday as a healing and damaging magic) His magic aint that damaging, and when Steiner has all his swordskills theire definitively alot better than Sword Magic, Garnet can heal and summon, the summoning aint that devasting, but Ark does ok damage, and with Eidolon is kind of goodcan't eiko do almost exactly what dagger can do? don't make people look bad, ok?

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Tony

Ultima Shadow
03-10-2005, 02:54 PM

No, it doesn't suck. Like Doc already said, if you are equiped with shadow absorbing armour etc, then it does insane dammage to the enemy party and completely recovers your own party at the same time. Also, if I remember correctly, Ozma is dammaged by it if you've done the friendly-encounter side quest.

Garnet may kind of be better, because, theres actually no need for vivi,(expept if you have shadow absorbing stuff, so you can use doomsday as a healing and damaging magic) His magic aint that damaging, and when Steiner has all his swordskills theire definitively alot better than Sword Magic, Garnet can heal and summon, the summoning aint that devasting, but Ark does ok damage, and with Eidolon is kind of good
19,998 dammage on the whole enemy party isn't that dammaging? Doomsday is the most powerfull spell in the whole game and Vivis spells are much more powerfull and usefull than Garnets summons. How powerfull Vivi's magic is depends on what he's equiped with. With good enough equipment he's able to do 9999 dammage with many of his spells. The ability called "focus" is also much more usefull than you may think at first. Osmose turns Vivi into a powerhouse that never runs out of MP. Vivis trance is also one of the best trances. That's what allows him to do as much as 19,998 dammage in 1 singel turn. :cool: