PDA

View Full Version : New Game+

strawberryman
02-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Okay, so I beat the game, and tried beating lavos both times- With Crono alone and Crono & Marle as the parties. Each time I get warped into that game designer place, and that one cat dude says I get to view a special ending depending on how I beat Lavos. How do I go about doing that?
of course If this is blatantly obvious, I am sorry for wasting anyones time. :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-21-2005, 08:54 AM
The special endings depend on when you defeat Lavos, not how.
Defeat Lavos before departing to A.D. 600.
Defeat Lavos after returning from A.D. 600 but before Chrono gets thrown into jail.
Defeat Lavos after emerging from the Vortex. You can also get this ending by beating Lavos in the Ocean Palace.
Defeat Lavos after defeating Zombor but before receiving the Hero's Medal from Tata.
Defeat Lavos after you get the Hero's Medal but before traveling back to 65,000,000 B.C.
Defeat Lavos after returning from 65,000,000 B.C. but before delivering the Grand Lion to Frog.
Defeat Lavos after giving Frog the Grand Lion but before fighting Magus.
Defeat Lavos after fighting Magus but before crushing the Reptites.
Defeat Lavos after defeating the Reptites but before Sara opens the seal.
Defeat Lavos after Sara opens the seal but before everything goes to hell.
And, of course, there are many permutations of the regular ending, depending upon whether you crashed the Epoch, whether you killed Magus, and whether you erased Chrono's death from history.

Appless
02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
And, of course, there are many permutations of the regular ending, depending upon whether you crashed the Epoch, whether you killed Magus, and whether you erased Chrono's death from history.

And how many cat's you got. Doesn't make much of a difference though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-21-2005, 11:12 AM
That doesn't actually change anything other than how many cats Chrono's stupid mother chases into a huge gaping time warp.

Sepho
02-21-2005, 05:01 PM
I think the New Game+ feature was a brilliant idea.

On the FF Chronicles version of Chrono Trigger, I had gotten 11 of 12 endings before I traded the game. The one I didn't get was where you had to fight Lavos through the time warp at the Millennia Fair right after you come back to 1,000 A.D. for the first time, and before you go back to the castle (party consists of just Chrono and Marle). I only fought him once, and I swear I had dealt somewhere around 40,000 damage to that right bit before I got wiped out. I lost all motivation to give it another shot.

It haunts me to this day. Okay, not really.

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Can't you also get the Dev Room ending by beating the Hard Lavos and not having Crono die?

Sepho
02-26-2005, 01:11 AM
I do believe so. I remember beating Lavos in the Ocean Palace, and I'm also positive I got the Developer's Room ending. That would lead me to believe that you are correct.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-26-2005, 02:18 AM
I had heard people say that before, but the official strategy guide says you get the nu ending, and since it's been years since I tried it myself and I can't remember the result, I just went with what the guide said.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-26-2005, 02:44 AM
I always got the Dev Room ending whenever I beat Lavos in the Ocean Palace, but that was on the SNES cartridge so I don't know how the FF Chronicles version does it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-26-2005, 03:01 AM
It wasn't changed, I'm sure.

Sepho
02-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah, and I played the Chronicles version and received the Dev Room ending. In fact, I was using the guide to figure out how to get all the endings, and I think I remember being suprised during one instance where I killed Lavos and I got a different ending than the one listed. This is probably it.

And I almost distinctly remember getting the Dev Room when I killed Lavos in the Ocean Palace.