PDA

View Full Version : DRK and where the heck am I going?!?!?

Vaprice
02-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Okay so just hit 30 last night!~!!!!~!~!~!~!!!!~ after like one month of being lvl 27 with only 300exp.

I was in palborough mines last night *or however you spell it* and was wondering...."WHERE THE HECK AM I GOING? AND WHATS THAT MAP BURNT FOR!!!"

so yes if anyone could help me out that would be most honorable!

merci beaucoup!!!!

Dassureth
02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
you have to go up to the third floor. (map with a big black spot) and then you have to find a boat near the river. its tricky because many places are just cut off.

when you get on the boat, hit the switch, you will then have a cutscene and you will get the sword. equip the sword and go kill 100 enemies. then return to Baudeaux and you will get a cutscene. you can now become a dark knight.

for good information on anything for FF11 visit... ffxi.allakhazam.com

lordblazer
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah adn when your int eh cutscene to get teh sword make sure oyu have space in your inventory or all heck breaks loose if its full lol.

Vaprice
02-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Okay so just go to big black spot! I am going to go now and try to do it. And after 100 kills I just go back to him? Correct? Zied who gives me it?

lordblazer
02-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah you have to goto beadux once oyu get 100 kills and BTW they don't keep count for you.

Lionx
02-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Uhhh...talk to that galka first in Mines, the one in the second floor and then go to PalMines. Find the boat NOT THE BLACK SPOT because that is the BCNM...although the boat is in the same map. Once you take the boat back to Zeuhn you will get the sword. Since you are WAR equip it and take out 100 enemies and go to beadaux and you will get the job. You might also want to kill and ADDITIONAL 100 enemies with the sword after getting the DRK sword as that gives you the lvl 5 GSword Deathbringer. Its not bad.

EDIT: Then again Vap, you can just borrow mine if you want it...

Misfit
02-22-2005, 01:55 PM
DRK sucks. It took me 40 levels to realize this.

Just trying to save you time. >_>

Vaprice
02-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Ah, thanks again everyone. I'm not planning on getting past 30 but we'll see how it goes Misfit. I also wanna try out some mage things and RNG, BRD, and PLD of course bien sur! lol thanks again guys.

Citizen Bleys
02-22-2005, 04:17 PM
RNG and BRD are easily soloable quests, but make sure you have plenty of prism powders and silent oils for the Davoi part of the PLD quest, since a RDM AF NM pops right by the well, and there's a NM jelly there 24-7. You can walk right on top of the Jelly if you have sneak on, though.

Ouch!
02-23-2005, 06:32 PM
You don't even need powders or oils for the RNG quest. Just go into the cave on a chocobo, wait around until the sabertooth dies, hop off your chocobo, grab the fang and use a scroll of warp to get out of there.

When it comes down to it, there aren't really any jobs that just flat out suck. If there were, the jobs wouldn't be in the game. A DRK can be an offensive beast if you play it right, you just have to know what you're doing and use the right equips.

Misfit
02-23-2005, 07:36 PM
When it comes down to it, there aren't really any jobs that just flat out suck. If there were, the jobs wouldn't be in the game. A DRK can be an offensive beast if you play it right, you just have to know what you're doing and use the right equips.
Except the fact that there are about 7324534242 bajillion DRKs per server, and nobody perfers them in parties unless there is absolutely NOBODY lfg at that time...

I seriously had to wait like, HOURS upon HOURS lfg as a DRK (I hate starting parties, and there's never any WHM lfg) -_-. And I had some pretty expensive uber gear, too. So good luck with that. ^_______^

Ouch!
02-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Just because people won't take them doesn't mean they're bad. People won't take them because DRK is one of those choices for newbs who just want to tear things to shred. They want to be some badass that destroys everything, and typically those type of people are freakin' idiots. They give DDing jobs (DRG also suffers from this) a bad name and make it difficult for the people who know what they're doing.

Besides, if you can't get a party, make your own.

Vaprice
02-23-2005, 09:26 PM
XD newbie!!!~! thats me. I'm also raising my THF at the moment for RNG. Hopefully I will be able to unlock a lot more jobs ^^ thanks for help!

Ouch!
02-23-2005, 11:19 PM
/THF for RNG? Generally /WAR (for power) and /NIN (for accuracy) are much better decisions. /NIN seems to be the more powerful one, those it's not really very useful until, what? 27 when you can dual-wield archer's daggers. /THF doesn't offer anything to a RNG.

Lionx
02-24-2005, 12:56 AM
/NIN doesnt really help you for accuracy, and its not the point why RNGs sub it. They sub it for the primary reason of Utsusemi. They do mass ammounts of damage, however their defense might even be lower than the mages, a piece of paper. Without NIN sub, most RNGs die horribly especially when pulling. Dual Wield is something off to the side to equip double Range Attk/Acc daggers for extra power. But NIN sub is primarily for the point of surviving especially with NIN and WAR tanks. You are BOUND to get hate if you are doing a job of a good RNG. /WAR is used before lvl 24 Utsusemi, because of the power it has. But above 24, NIN is the preffered sub not by the people out there, but for your own life should you wanna live.

Hehe the newb job these days are RDM ><; They all flocked to RDM spot...

I agree to an extent that DDs that complain about LFG, usually dont(USUALLY) dont make their own parties...however for those that do, i can understand why they complain. Most mages and tanks just go "Do you have 4-5 people already?" and if its no they will tell you to get more people else they wont join. And thats horribly frustrating. Also if you are a DD alone, they sometimes will not join because you dont seem to have a functioning party, those that get parties easily usually arent patient and ditch the party because they do NOT want to wait. So most DDs just invite another DD to look like they have something and hope for the best. The frustration of the mage/tank classes acting like the above is annoying at least =/ And i can sorta sympathize with that.

Ouch!
02-24-2005, 02:10 AM
The little added AGI helps your accuracy ever so slightly, but the main point I was hinting at was like you mentioned, the dual-wielding of the daggers.

I'm sure Utsusemi does make pulling a bit easier as well, especially when the mobs are just right up on your butt.

Lionx
02-24-2005, 02:15 AM
Especailly vs Raptors, they run fast and double attack alot -_-;

I also meant Utsu as in during battle when you steal hate with a 900 dmg slugshot or a sidewinder. AGI helps EVER so slightly on RAcc =/

Ouch!
02-24-2005, 02:22 AM
Well yes, AGI to ranged acc. is supposedly a curve ratio, right? So each point of AGI raises ranged acc. less and less, if I'm not mistaken. But they still help a little, and when you're races like an Elvaan, a couple points of AGI can go a long way early on.