PDA

View Full Version : Final boss question

Deadman
02-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi guys, i´m new here, this site is awesome,
I just have a little doubt about the final boss, Who is he , Is he Kuja, and in what point does relate with the story? Sorry if i sound nahive or something but i didn´t quite get it .

Thanx you all..

Still here´s alist in my favorite FF games..

1. FFVII
2.FFIX
3.FFX
4FFVIII
5FFx-2

i havent played the others tough

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-21-2005, 07:20 PM
All life came from the Crystal, and at the beginning of it all, Necron was also created. His task was to watch all living creatures until he received a sign that life didn't feel like existing anymore, at which point he'd return everything to nothingness. Kuja's extremely nihilistic acts towards the end of the game had Necron convinced that this was his sign--that, deep down, living things wanted to die, and that Kuja's actions were a reflection of this. And he would have erased everything right there, too, except Zidane and company were there to convince him (with swords and fire) that no, screw what Kuja thought, they wanted to keep living. Necron took the hint and went back to ineffectually waiting for his cue.

Deadman
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
THANX !!!

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 09:00 PM
When playing FFIX I thought Trance Kuja would be the end. But out of no were Necron comes in. He didnt really have anything thing to do with the story. He gives a little speach before hand but thats all you know about him. Anyway hes a push-over. Not a challenge at all

Craig
02-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Sure, maybe he did pop up out of nowhere but he does make sense. Just look at Kishi's post.

Ichimonji
02-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Did you like just completely ignore what Kawaii Ryűkishi just said?

UltimaLimit
02-22-2005, 11:51 PM
The post makes sense, but that still doesn't change the fact that Necron basically jumps out of nowhere at you. The whole Crystal/Necron thing isn't really mentioned much during the storyline. Mind you, I haven't played through FF9 in years so I'm probably forgetting some mentions of it, but I do recall that it's not a major theme in the story until the very end.

(Thanks to KR to explaining it--I didn't really understand Necron either. I thought Square was just continuing their tradition of having crappy final bosses double-team you, and thought up Necron since they couldn't find anyone else to fit the bill.)

Necron is a pushover--if you come properly prepared. Equip everything you can to protect against status effects, and have a well-stocked inventory. If you don't, kiss your tail goodbye after the first couple Grand Crosses.

Braindead_Paul
02-23-2005, 12:03 AM
In the german translation Necron is called something like "eternal darkness" (at least that's what I've heard). I think it makes sense after reading Kawaii Ryűkishi's post.

Ultima Shadow
02-23-2005, 12:33 PM
The post makes sense, but that still doesn't change the fact that Necron basically jumps out of nowhere at you. The whole Crystal/Necron thing isn't really mentioned much during the storyline.
It doesn't have to be mentioned earlier. None of the characters even knew about Necron before he/she/it showed up. To me, Necron was a pleasant suprise. He's just not mentioned earlier in the game since none knows about him.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-23-2005, 07:24 PM
In the german translation Necron is called something like "eternal darkness" (at least that's what I've heard). I think it makes sense after reading Kawaii Ryűkishi's post.Yes, Eternal Darkness (or Darkness of Eternity, if you like) is his name in the original Japanese version, as well.

Chopseuy
02-24-2005, 01:27 AM
The last boss, like in many other Final Fantasies, you know nothing about until the end. Heh. Too be honest, I think this is one of the hardest Final Bosses in FF history, besides FFV. FFIX is an "ok" game if you are patient and willing to deal with medieval times. Yeah, the Final Boss looks like a coloseum to me.

Del Murder
02-27-2005, 03:29 AM
Yes, Eternal Darkness (or Darkness of Eternity, if you like) is his name in the original Japanese version, as well.
Where did the name Necron come from, then?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-27-2005, 06:05 AM
The "localization" staff made it up, of course.