PDA

View Full Version : Dream Series?

Rase
02-21-2005, 07:38 PM
How many of you guys have had series of dreams. As in, one night you have a dream, then the following night you have one the builds off of it, and so on until it just stops?
I have these quite a bit and like them, since it's like a T.V show and surprisingly pretty interesting. The one I'm in currently caught me by surprise, since I hadn't seen/watched/heard anything recently that could explain it, which usually happens. Also, it's been going on for at least two weeks, with no sign of stopping, which is good. :D
Anyway, here's the basic outline for you who care: Sometime in the future, some scientist learns to make dinosaurs but, instead of being nice, he figures he might as well make a bunch and basically terrorize the world. So he does. Sometime later the guy my dream is following, which I guess I like, my great-great-greatx10 grandson, is born. Also, somewhere along the line the Earth went mainly primeval and a lot of the towns are made of wood houses and stuff. Money's really rare too. Anyway, so this has so far followed his little journey thing, along with like 30 other people (some resmbling family and friends, others just random) as they head... somewhere. I think thier nomads. Never really got that. Anyway, basically thier avoiding dinosaurs and such and making thier way... wherever the who time, while interacting and stuff. But I must say, my brain has some good graphics. :D It all looks real, which is pretty cool in itself. In my most recent one, this morning, "me" and my group were going along whne they were stopped by a big cliff. About 100 miles across a flat plain they could see this reall nice, fururistic city, as well as 4 dinosaurs attacking it. Yeah, not really sure, but it looked cool. A lot more happened, but I really don't feel like typing it all, since I just woke up.
So, am I crazy, or have any of you guys ever had a "Dream Series" about anything at all? Tell me, so I know If I'm a freak or not and/or so I know if I can market this somehow. :D

Rye
02-21-2005, 07:39 PM
I do sometimes, but I don't remember the dreams.

Ouch!
02-21-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't remember any of my dreams, so I couldn't say. Probably have, but that's just a guess.

Quina
02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
It got cancelled because there weren't any gay characters. :(

Tasura
02-21-2005, 09:23 PM
many, many times. sometimes they stop and continue many years later, one such as my house is possessed and it tries to kill me, which it did, then 6 years later in real time i have the dream again and i win, ive had many like this and also premonitions, and your dream sounds like a book i read(Animorphs) but not really either its different but the same.

Dr.K
02-21-2005, 10:03 PM
I had a very vivid series of dreams when I was much younger, around 6 or 7 i'd say, where I'd be walking round the downstairs of my house. Suddenly, something would catch alight and the fire would follow me up the stairs as I ran, along the landing etc. I always used to collapse on my sister's bedroom floor, and then the fire would just vanish just as it got to me. This series of dreams went on for quite a while, but then thankfully stopped :)

kikimm
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes, although not for a very long time. It was mostly when I was younger, and probably had a more....vivid imagination. The one I can really remember even now though, was about this evil doll. She opened up a can of worms with teeth on my kitchen floor.....I'm stopping there, I think.

:D

Rainecloud
02-21-2005, 10:20 PM
I usually dream about having a dream series.

But then I wake up and realise that it was all a dream.

amratis
02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Hhmm, I dont have a dream series as such. Just recurring dreams that I remember having had dozens of times. But they very rarely happen one night after another unless theres something going on that has taken over my brain or something. Recently - last week or so- I've had about 3-4 dreams involving characters from Advent Children...and NO they werent dodgy. :p Just generally cool, in fact I hope I have more, its like seeing the film :D

Faris
02-21-2005, 11:18 PM
I rarely remember my dreams. Every so often that will happen though :|
I had one just this week, but I can't remember. :p

UltimaLimit
02-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I had a dream series once. Unfortunately, it was a two-night affair, and the second night made very little progress. :whimper:

Sometimes, I'll be dreaming (usually my grandpa's in it for some reason), and I'll think, "Hey, wait a minute, I've had this dream before!" :eek:

Also, I'll dream something--usually some random tidbit that makes no sense at the time--and then it'll happen in real life. I never realize it until after it's done and over, but I'll find that as people say stuff, it triggers a memory of them saying it in the dream. Sadly, I can never seem to fast-forward enough to know what they'll say next in real life, but it's pretty freaky. :confused:

Tasura
02-22-2005, 12:47 AM
those are the preminitions that i mentioned earlier, they are quite weird, you cant remember them until they start and then BAM! their done. You can change what happens to, its freaky.

mythus
02-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Oh I've had a rather long dream series, not even sure if it is over. I would run for a couple nights, not have it for weeks and it would pick up again. Basically it focuses around this one person whoam I have to see his/her face or even hear the voice. It just seems to follow me as I daringly go towards things that seem to turn the dream into a nightmare. However on a brighter note, I now can tell my self in the dream that it is a dream and do some amazing and fun stuff! Wheeeee!

Chris
02-22-2005, 01:04 AM
This drives me crazy.

I keep dreaming 'bout dinosaur attacking my hometown, it's so strange.
I run all over the place but I always find myself stuck on top of a roof facing T-Rex himself.

:(

Nod
02-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah ive had dream series's before, dunno specifics though. Apparently its just your brains way of playing out scenarios that you would never be able to participate in in real life. I dont get it much anymore though cos i lucid dream a lot so if a dream is weird i just tell myself to wake up or i force myself to dream about something else. :)

Tasura
02-22-2005, 01:40 AM
if i have a drean that i like then i can replay it again usually whenever i want.Or continue the sequence.

Kathryn
02-22-2005, 03:06 AM
mine happened when I was 16 and it still is going on

I was in a factory tied up with ropes and I was able to kill people with my mind and I was in the middle of a quarrel and I freed myself with a rusty butter knife and grabed my sword and killed lots of people...(to be continued).......

Luc
02-22-2005, 03:08 AM
I probably have, but I can't remember any of my dreams, so I'm not really sure. I most likely have, though.

Casey
02-23-2005, 05:23 AM
Been having a long series of dreams of having no dreams.

Edea
02-23-2005, 11:15 AM
i may have, but the only dreams i can remember are sexual ones.

Polaris
02-23-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm having one with Pedro is getting horrible...

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Dream series are the best. I've had several series..es? but in my favorite series I'm always in a different part of a huge dream landscape. Some areas in the landscape are taken from my life, but a lot of them are completely origional. I can and have mapped out this imaginary continent. I also find thinking about it makes me dream about it. I really should make a video game based on that place.

Lucky Charms
03-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Series of dreams are made when you recall what happened last time right before you sleep then it picks it up again. I had those type of dreams when I was a kid. Especially when my hormones were on full blast when I was 14.

mike without a hat
03-09-2005, 08:22 PM
i dont remember any dream series but i know i've had reoccuring dreams
i remember one time i dreamt that i went though a whole day and went back to sleep then when i woke up i thought it was the day after. :/

Blackmageboi
03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
um ok so basicly it happened to me :
yoshi:me main character a 21 yr oldish vampyr hunter from china who goes to japan for no real reason this guy has some wierd background that i wont go into ITS SCARY I REMEMBER HIS PAST!
any way he simply goes around killing vampyrs in a town and nothing exiting really hapened untill some random stuff happened :p hehe but that was all just random
p.s and yes i do watch too much buffy

SoulSeek139
03-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I rarely have a dream that directly continues off another, usually it's just the setting is the same with a different storyline.

rubah
03-09-2005, 11:15 PM
I'll have facts that go between dreams.

A few weeks ago, I had a dream, and in it, for some reason our assistant band director had assigned me this big huge project for some class, and I had forgotten about it, and he assured me that I still had a few weeks left to work.

Then Sunday morning I dreamt that it was the day before all that work was due and I hadn't done anything -_-

fortunately it was completely made up. but that's the only sort of thing that seems to be shared between dreams.

A lot of my dreams I wouldn't want to continue@.@;;; People are always chasing me^_^