PDA

View Full Version : This card game crap

LifeAsABullet
02-21-2005, 11:39 PM
I am beyond turned off by this. No..I'm terribly upset with this. I am stuck on disk 3 cause this is my first time playing and I must have sat in front of tv for an half hour restarting the game every minute trying to battle the first guy in the dumb match..I haven't even played this before nor did I thought it mattered but I guess so? :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Craig
02-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Huh? You are stuck on disk 3 because of the card game? Did I miss something?

Ultima Shadow
02-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Sorry but... XD!!! :D

Well, why don't you play some other guys in the town to get some better cards?
Do you even know how the cardgame works? :greenie:

ps: The cardgame is 1 of things that makes this game GREAT!!! :cool:

Chris
02-22-2005, 12:33 AM
*snip*
:D

No seriously, it's easy as hell.

Here's a warning for you, Chris. Don't go calling people retarted. ~Krang

Rinoa Heartilly
02-22-2005, 01:03 AM
I had no trouble winning the card games even though I hadn't played once before that. But I didn't like the cardgame of Ffix (I don't particulary care for the one in Ffx-2 either, but I'm still giving that one a chance ;) )
I had hoped it would be as addictive as triple traid ^^

Chopseuy
02-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah, the card game is crap, I agree. The Final Fantasy 8 card game was much better. Can you believe that Square-Enix made a game online about Tetra Master?

SupersaiyenKuja4
02-24-2005, 03:45 AM
THIS CARD GAME WAS AMAZING!
IT IS FARRRR BETTER THAN TRIPLE WHATS-ITS-NAME, AND MORE FUN!
TETRA MASTER ALL THE WAY, BABY!

lordblazer
02-24-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah, the card game is crap, I agree. The Final Fantasy 8 card game was much better. Can you believe that Square-Enix made a game online about Tetra Master?
yeah and its rpetty fun and neat and it owns because there are endless stragedies.I mean have you ever been in a 4 way duel before?Its truly amazing.Thats jsut your opinon.I mean how can you complain about a card game on FF9 that didnt take skills then knock the one thats online that actually takes skills.

Destination0
02-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I hate card game in FF9 it was just horrible and pointless (reward less) unlike FF8

Ultima Shadow
02-24-2005, 08:33 AM
I hate card game in FF9 it was just horrible and pointless (reward less) unlike FF8
Hmpf... just because you can't refine any card into 100 hero/cheat-items? :tongue:
Seriously... I never played Triple Triad just to refine the cards... I just did it to "get all the cards". :cool:

Destination0
02-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Hmpf... just because you can't refine any card into 100 hero/cheat-items? :tongue:
Seriously... I never played Triple Triad just to refine the cards... I just did it to "get all the cards". :cool:

no not because u can refine them but with all those rules like ramdon, wall, same, element, etc. it add more strategy to it then just arrows...
and as far as refining goes personally I never refine any character card...
but on the other hand card game in ff9 lacks depth and strategy and what else is there to motivate u to even play card game in ff9???

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Tetra Master is great :) , compared to the like of FF8's card game :rolleyes2 . at first i thought to pass on Tetra Master 'cuz of my lack of experience in FF8 :) , but the more i played i got better and my winning steak just started to grow :eek: :D since i wasn't as good in the beginning, i played cards with common townspeople ;) (and with a little girl named Martha in Lindblum ;) ) to build up my deck :cool: .

the objective is to make as many of your challenger's cards blue :) , which is your color. if more of the cards on the field is red (your challenger's color, then s/he wins) :eek: .

Ultima Shadow
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
no not because u can refine them but with all those rules like ramdon, wall, same, element, etc. it add more strategy to it then just arrows...
and as far as refining goes personally I never refine any character card...
but on the other hand card game in ff9 lacks depth and strategy and what else is there to motivate u to even play card game in ff9???
While I agree that Triple Triad IS better, the one in FF9 also requires alot of strategy. All the numbers on the cards stands for attack, magic, defense and magicdefense. It's in fact just as complicted as Triple Triad.

Destination0
02-25-2005, 01:24 AM
something cool about ff9 card game was ur card gaining power...that was a neat feature...
anyway in the end it comes down to individual
what they like and what they dont
everyone has there own opinion
I prefer ff8 someone prefers ff9 nothine wrong with that

Monol
02-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Yea yea what Destination0 said....i thought ff9's card game was awsome cause the variety in pepole you could vs was very sweet...ff8 was more complicated for my blood (to...slow...to comprehend...things :p ) but as destination stated earlier...its all about personal prefrence...its like a board game...there are those who like checkers..and those who like chess....i mean sure chess is more involving and complex but that doesnt make checkers any more less stragetic...they both have diffrent play style...thats all... but they also have the same goal in the end...MAKE BLACK WIN!!! :D :cool: ;)

qwerto
02-25-2005, 12:42 PM
hummm....
this is developing in a love/hate relationship...
kind of like marmite...

FF9 tetra master is really good.
FF8 Card game is really good.
which for me makes it a great big "=".
each one has its up's and down's!
And is the first person in the arena really that hard? For me Erin was hard...

Cuchulainn
02-25-2005, 02:11 PM

I was like that too....it's pathetic but I just didn't want to lose any cards, that's what forced me to fight Omega Hero Free, pure pigheaded pride & stubbornness, I'd look at the card list & HATE the shaded bit...I guess I'm just a hoarder :/

Slade
02-26-2005, 09:42 AM
i liked tetra master. it was fun. I prefer triple triad tho....more challenging and had a better tune. Oh and im also one who hates to refine my cards on VIII....i like to have the whole set in white :D

Chocobo100
02-27-2005, 02:41 AM
uhh My neighber a wiz a it and kicks my ass. i hate mini-games. :mad2:

Gwelenguchenkus
03-20-2005, 12:56 PM
One time I thought it might be a good idea to give tetra-master a chance. So... I did all the mini-games that got me all the nice cards, chocobo hot and cold, and then I fought people all around town to get some cards.

Here is what I dislike about Tetra-Master:

1. There is a randomness to every battle, so even if you have great cards and perfect your strategy, you still can lose, which I disklike a lot.

2. I have to jump-rope a billion times to get the tiger racket card.

3. Some people that have rare cards will barely play them at all, making you play dozens of useless games waiting for a single card to show up.

//////

I played Triple Triad, and I thought it was fun. Kind of. I had to learn how to spread certain rules, which required quite a bit of manipulation, which was annoying. Cards netted you rare items, which made it fun. I hardly consider this cheating by the way. Most of those special items are recieved from HARD to obtain cards, and in the end the effort is worth it. Rare cards showed up more often, and they were more useful.

In some cases, such as obtaining the alexander card (the only card with the holy element) you had to go through considerable pain, with almost NO strategy because everything was so incredibly random. The only sensible way to play would be to reset when you lost, and keep trying over and over.

--Overall, card games are a mixed bag. I never really liked them, even though gave them a chance. I got every single card in Final Fantasy VIII, and FFIX was even more frusterating; I simply could not do it. Not my cup of tea.

...and the card tournament wasn't hard. It took a bit of resetting (especially if you have crappy cards) but I eventually got through it.