PDA

View Full Version : Why does Ramza change costumes between chap. 3 and 4 *spoilers*

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Exactly why does Ramza change his outfit? Is there some sort of symbolism? Just curious about what other people think.

BG-57
02-22-2005, 04:03 AM
Ramza also has a different outfit in chapter 1. Delita seems to undergo about the same number of costume changes that parallels Ramza. Maybe he changes outfits between 1 and 2 because he's working undercover as a mercenary.

I know generic units change costumes every time they change classes, but the main characters don't. Presumably it would be too much work to show what Agrias looks like as a monk or Orlandu as a bard (although it'd be interesting to find out).

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 04:19 AM
I personally think it may have to do with changes in their character. In chap. 1 Ramza is a cadet who doesn't question orders but slowly begins to realize that he is violating the morals his father embodied. In chap. 2 as the plot begins to come to light
Ramza finds himself questioning all he was taught. Finally in chap. 3 aptlly named "the Valiant" Ramza is branded a heretic, and is fights against the establishment. Finally in chap. 4 Ramza has come to terms with himself and has no compunctions of standing up for what he feels is just. What I really wonder is why he chose then to switch outfits. I personally perferred the mercanary sprite to the chap.4 one wear he appears to be wear his boxers over his armor. Also looks like hes grown his hair out a bit too.

Mindflare
02-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Both Ramza and Delita seem to show their progression as characters in what they wear. Ramza wears increasingly important looking armor as they become more pronounced above his former commoner positions. Delita does the same until he is crowned King, and begins wearing that flashy looking robe.

mike without a hat
02-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey, everybody has to change their clothes once in a while. :p

dodhungry
02-25-2005, 11:13 PM
If Ramza kept his chapter 1 clothes don't you think they would get tighter than Robin Hoods pants?

His Chapeter 4 costume looks on my t.v. as if he shows a little bum :eek:

I think the change in personallity/plot is a good explanation.

DocFrance
02-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Hey, everybody has to change their clothes once in a while. :p
Best explanation I've heard so far.