PDA

View Full Version : Chrono saga main theme

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-22-2005, 03:50 AM
I have the soundtrack for CT, but I don't really want to listen to all the tracks that I haven't heard in the game, yet.

But I do want to find the one that has the continuation of the main theme. Is that in CT? I have it on PSX, and in the opening movie, it plays when the T-Rex appears. I have also heard it in various remixes of the main theme. But when I play the main theme (the spc file that you get from zophar.net), it keeps looping the A theme over and over again, and never goes to the other theme.

To help you understand what theme I'm talking about, I've heard it in the CC soundtrack. It's called "Chrono Main Theme," I guess, or at least before it segues into the other main theme. Except, it doesn't have that Latin variation on it.

Does that other main theme (that I tried to explain above) appear in CT, and if so, which tracks?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2005, 04:02 AM
The .spc archive has it divided into two tracks, yes. Just enqueue them in Winamp such that part B immediately follows part A. On the actual soundtrack, it's all one track, of course.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-22-2005, 04:21 AM
Which track is it? Morning Sunlight is the next track, and that's not it. Is it Presentiment? Doesn't sound like it to me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2005, 04:25 AM
It's called "Chrono Trigger."

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Yeah, that's the A theme. You mean there's two tracks called Chrono Trigger?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2005, 04:52 AM
It's one track. It's just that the .spc archive split it into two parts.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-22-2005, 05:03 AM
Well, how do I get to the second part? Is it on a different spc track?

I tried pressing >> after opening Chrono Trigger, but that didn't work.

I found it in a different archive, actually. Does the one on zophar.net not have it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2005, 05:24 AM
The .spc archive should contain all the tracks from the game. The files should look like this.

ct-1-01
ct-1-02a
ct-1-02b
ct-1-03
etc.

ct-1-02a and ct-1-02b comprise the single track, "Chrono Trigger." ct-1-02b is, of course, the second part.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Hmm, I think zophar is missing the b track. The readme that came with it said it had the whole soundtrack--liars!

I found a different spc archive where it has the a and b tracks. Thanks. It also has some more.