PDA

View Full Version : sephiroth limit move

Solo Tremaine
02-22-2005, 04:00 AM
wat is sephs limit move.

BG-57
02-22-2005, 04:14 AM
I always thought of Super Nova as a limit.

udsuna
02-22-2005, 05:45 AM
That would be a pretty crappy limit- it never even KO'd one of my characters. I always thought he should have a dragoon-type strike, reminiscent of how he killed Aeris. THAT would have been stunning.

Skyblade
02-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Since when does Sephiroth need a limit? He's bad@$$ enough without one. With a limit, he would be immpossible to beat. Still, if you feel he must have one: He summons Meteor and wipes out the planet. Does that do enough damage to qualify for a limit?

Mindflare
02-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Enemies don't have limit bars, or limit skills. Of course.

Ultima Shadow
02-22-2005, 08:46 AM
What he said. :cool:

Lucca
02-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Limit for Seph? Why? He chops and slices fine without them.

Sepho
02-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Super Nova will never KO anyone. It is, in fact, a gravity based attack. And by that I mean the damage it causes is relevant to current HP.

Halenite
02-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I think he's talking about the brief moment where he actually fights in your party in the Kalm flashback. He doesn't have one.

Griever Zero
02-22-2005, 02:50 PM

You are quite mistaken.

Seifer from FFVIII...had Fire Cross which you could use when he was in your party.
And Edea from FFVIII...when she eventually becomes her normal self and is in your party, you can use her "Sorcery" limit break, which I abused quite frequently.

Skyblade
02-22-2005, 02:52 PM
I think he's talking about the brief moment where he actually fights in your party in the Kalm flashback. He doesn't have one.

He might. He just never receives any damage, so it never raises. I need to check the "Limit" menu to see if he has one next time I play. If he does... That would be awesome...

BTW, this is FFVII, not FFVIII...

redxiiii
02-22-2005, 03:50 PM
My mate said he used a gameshark code to get seph in his party and his limit break is called javelin were sephy throws his sword in2 the enemy and then and then kicks it in further!

Jenova
02-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Super Nova is Sephiroths Limit attack. The 10 minute movie of the move is a dead give away.

Skyblade
02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Super Nova is Sephiroths Limit attack. The 10 minute movie of the move is a dead give away.

Actually, the ten minute movie makes me think of it as a summon, not a limit break. I've always considered Super Nova to be Sephiroth's summoning move.

crashNUMBERS
02-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Lv1 limit: A dashing side slash
lv2: Re-enactment of what he did to aeris
lv3: meteor
lv4: super nova

BG-57
02-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Works for me.

Lucca
02-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Supernova is a Summon, I know that. Read it somewhere.

Doors
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah you know, due to the size of his head/eyes/hair, it is logical his head would explode, causing 1 damage to you killing himself. Limit name:Anime Syndrome.

MJN SEIFER
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
SN is a LIMIT if it was a summon you would be able to use it. AND Sephiroth has used it even when his MP is down - He can also use Omnislash in the final battle.

Jenova
02-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Sephiroth really does not even have a limit... He is just an enemy character.. But if he did have a limit. It would no doubt be super nova.

Lucca
02-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I`m telling you, I read it in an Official Guide by the British PSM. It said that it was a Summon, not a Limit.

SeeDRankLou
02-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Don't put all your faith in an official guide, they're not always accurate. I'm not saying you're wrong about this, just don't do it in general. I don't know about the British one, but the US Official Guide for FFVII was not all that great, and was rather flawed in some areas.

Skyblade
02-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Yes, he can use it when his MP is down. But it can't be a limit, because he has used it even when I hadn't done any damage to him since the last time he used it. So how did his limit gauge fill? And claiming that it's not a Summon, because you could use it if it was is a flawed arguement. Yes, it is not included in the Master Summon Materia. But then, Holy and Meteor aren't included in the Master Magic Materia, even though they are both magic spells. Holy is the ultimate healing magic, Meteor is the ultimate destruction magic, and Super Nova is the ultimate summon.

Mindflare
02-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Supernova is just an attack. You know, he does something, it does damage. It's not really classified as anything, since it's technically, a generic enemy doing the attack. They have no classifications of sorts. It's all eye candy in the end. It's not really that significant, I think.

Halenite
02-22-2005, 11:06 PM
He can also use Omnislash in the final battle.
Um, no. He always starts with a basic slash (if you give him the chance) and if he does, Cloud will counterattack, killing him.

BackRoomKid
02-22-2005, 11:10 PM
^^^yeap, I tried that myself

do does that GAMESHARK code really work?

Sepho
02-22-2005, 11:56 PM
No.

Ultima Shadow
02-23-2005, 12:20 PM
You are quite mistaken.

Seifer from FFVIII...had Fire Cross which you could use when he was in your party.
And Edea from FFVIII...when she eventually becomes her normal self and is in your party, you can use her "Sorcery" limit break, which I abused quite frequently.
Well, it's quite a difference. You controll both Seifer and Edea but you're never able to controll Sephiroth. He's in your party but he's never a playable character. Therefore he don't have any limmitbreak.

Masamune·1600
02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Sephiroth does not have a Limit Break. This is clear from the Kalm flashback; you can check the menu and see that this is the case. As to Super Nova, I always interpreted it as an enemy-only spell (neither a summon nor a limit). My reasoning behind this is that no enemy (other than Seph, if you count SN) ever uses a summon throughout the course of the game. Further, every summon you as the player controls is some sort of being or group of beings. As to the possibility of SN as a limit, Sephiroth does not use it in response to damage. Instead, it occurs at a certain point in the battle if you have not defeated him yet.