PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 is the best game to come out this year.

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 04:13 AM
I had never played Resident Evil before 4 and now I am quickly becoming a fan. This game is one of the best if not the best game on the gamecube. The poor gamecube has been lacking attention, but it finally has the killer app it needs. Resident evil 4 is the gamecube's Halo, it's messiah. Now If you'll excuse me I have some psychotic spanish villagers to deal with. :shoot:

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 04:59 PM
I really want Resi 4 but it aint coming out on PS2 for long time. And I dont know if its definatly coming out on PS2

Xander
02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I've never played a RE game and I've never thought they were my sort of game, but I've read a lot about RE4 and I have a friend who is determined to get me into it...soo.. I'll probably end up seeing in a few weeks what it's like. It has a very high score in NOM. ^_^ I'm kinda looking forward to seeing it.

Craig
02-22-2005, 10:49 PM
I lost interest in t he RE series a while ago, does the game HAVE zombies in it? Or just psychotic spanish villagers?

BatChao
02-23-2005, 03:21 AM
I lost interest in t he RE series a while ago, does the game HAVE zombies in it? Or just psychotic spanish villagers?

Can't say... it's a sseeeccrrreeett!! Play the game to find out!

I'm going to go ahead and say RE4 isn't only the best game this year... it's definitely the best game this generation and possibly the best game I've ever played. Everything about it is SO REFINED. Even the once 'clunky' RE style controls seem to work with the new camera system. I can't think of another game that hooked me so deeply. The new shooting mechanics and item management is incredible. This is the proof that developers are listening to people's comments. RE4 fixes almost every complaint anyone ever had about the franchise.

Luc
02-23-2005, 05:18 AM

It has psychotic spanish villagers.

Anyway, I don't like the game too much.. you shouldn't get too excited about it. It's okay, I guess. I prefer the other Resident Evils though.

?M?y?s?t?e?r?i?o?u?s?
02-24-2005, 09:37 PM
It has psychotic spanish villagers.

Anyway, I don't like the game too much.. you shouldn't get too excited about it. It's okay, I guess. I prefer the other Resident Evils though.

How can u not get excited bout it its one of the best resi games iv ever played. The graphics are much better and the shooting system is much better.

Peace Out ?M?y?s?t?e?r?i?o?u?s? :JUGGALO 4-LIFE:

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 09:40 PM
aw, i didn't get to play it yet :( . there's tons of games i want to try :) . well, i got its nemesis, Silent Hill 4 to enjoy :D .

Chzn8r
02-25-2005, 01:35 AM
I really want Resi 4 but it aint coming out on PS2 for long time. And I dont know if its definatly coming out on PS2

I already explained this to you in another thread:

It's out [in Europe], it was a late January release.

It's not rumors, it IS coming to the PS2, but Capcom was dumb enough to announce that before the Gamecube release, probably killing the sales in the process.

Why you don't want the PS2 version:

-It's not coming out until November or December (why on earth would you wait that long for a game EVERYONE's telling you to get? :p)
-The graphical quality will be very crappy. The people working on the port project have given some figures: Leon and other main characters' polygon counts will be cut in half (from ~10,000 to ~5,000), making them noticeabley more blurry/blocky and less realistic (trust me, the realism makes a difference in this game). Textures will capsize from 32-bit to 8-bit, effectively ruining the look of much of the environments and detail in structures, etc... (again, part of this game's great appeal is the polish, and attention and care to detail that the developers put into it). And probably the most important downgrade is halving the frame rate. From 60 frames per second to 30 frames per second.
-And of course, by simply waiting and buying it on PS2, you'll be part of the problem (not solution) to Nintendo's relations and dealings with Capcom, who really need this game to sell well on Gamecube.

Ok? Now don't be a sheep and wait a year for the PS2 version ;)

DMKA
02-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Dear god, I've been playing it nonstop for the last 2 days. It's hands down the best game on the cube and in the RE series, and of the genre...and it's actually long. <3

It's waaaay different from any of the other RE games, so if you didn't like the previous titles, don't let that stop you from playing it. It's an awesome game and you can't stop wondering what's going on...the plot is superior to that of any other game in the genre.

And the graphics...oh the graphics. Just beautiful. Get it...now. Or get it when if comes out on PS2, but I'd gladly get a GC just for this game....it's THAT good. :<3:

Giga Guess
02-25-2005, 09:28 PM
This game, from what I saw (Saw a friend playing it briefly), it has OBSESSIVE attention to detail.

Wiegrahf42
02-26-2005, 03:36 AM
I just finished it a few days ago. Krauser was bad :skull: :skull: :skull:, Hes my favorite character. I'm off to go Brake a butterfly on some Plagas posterior.

DMKA
02-26-2005, 03:41 AM
Can't say... it's a sseeeccrrreeett!! Play the game to find out!

I'm going to go ahead and say RE4 isn't only the best game this year... it's definitely the best game this generation and possibly the best game I've ever played. Everything about it is SO REFINED. Even the once 'clunky' RE style controls seem to work with the new camera system. I can't think of another game that hooked me so deeply. The new shooting mechanics and item management is incredible. This is the proof that developers are listening to people's comments. RE4 fixes almost every complaint anyone ever had about the franchise.
God, you said it perfectly. :<3:

Full Moon Coyote
02-26-2005, 05:38 AM
I love RE 4. Its alot better than the other games, which I hated. They were just so damn boring, get that crest, push that crate, You recieve the holy valve handle and single handidly solves every puzzle somehow, oh don't shoot that you don't want to waste your bullets, out of ink ribbons tsk tsk tsk can't save it, DUN DUN DUUUUN Self-Destruct countdown! You got to admit, when you go back and play the older RE games.......They suck. If anyone who hasn't played the other games wants a plot summary, I'd be more than welcome

RE 4 is a HUGE improvement, and I belive that the PS2 just won't be able to handle it.

Buy RE 4, hands down, one of the coolest games of the year

DMKA
02-26-2005, 05:51 AM
I love RE 4. Its alot better than the other games, which I hated. They were just so damn boring, get that crest, push that crate, You recieve the holy valve handle and single handidly solves every puzzle somehow, oh don't shoot that you don't want to waste your bullets, out of ink ribbons tsk tsk tsk can't save it, DUN DUN DUUUUN Self-Destruct countdown! You got to admit, when you go back and play the older RE games.......They suck. If anyone who hasn't played the other games wants a plot summary, I'd be more than welcome

RE 4 is a HUGE improvement, and I belive that the PS2 just won't be able to handle it.

Buy RE 4, hands down, one of the coolest games of the year
Oh come on, RE2 is classic. ;___;

I agree with you on everything after the first paragraph though. :<3:

EDIT: Accept for the comment about the PS2 not being able to handle it.

Agent Proto
02-26-2005, 06:17 AM
I been watching my brother play this game, and let me tell you that it IS the best game so far. I've tried my hand at it, and I find it easier to control. Simply because the camera is behind Leon, that it makes the controls seem better than the past games, because up means to move forward.

The graphics in the game are amazing. Capcom did put a lot of detail into the game. Even the music fits the game perfectly. You can tell from when the music cues that something is going to happen. Which is an appeal to many horror fans. Without the music, it's not really scary. I don't really play the game, but I'd freak out because of the creepy music, when it plays. xD

Playing the bosses in the game feels exactly like playing bosses in a game. It should feel like playing the boss, because that's what it is, you playing the boss. It's very well executed. The cut-scenes are amazing too, and it could rival some seen on PS2.

Very well done game.

Wiegrahf42
02-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Having to execute random button combinations during the cutscenes to avoid being shot/strangled/crushed/dismembered/stabbed has made me extremely twit- L + R!

Vince
02-27-2005, 04:00 AM
The only gaming-consoles I own are a PlayStation 2 and an Xbox, therefore I have not played Resident Evil 4. From what I've seen of it, I'm am very impessed, but people, please remember that 2005 is not over yet.

Carnage
02-27-2005, 04:08 AM
im stuck in this big rom where ashley has to use these cranks in the castle. its os annoying. i hate haveing to hafto take care of her and whenever i kill her i get a game over :(

Angra Mainyu
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
im buying it when it comes out here next month(damn pal *shakes fist*)

I preordered it and i think i get a demo disc of all the other resi's. I haven't played the others but ive played the first one as a child :cry: . Now that i think about it, those actors really sucked :lol:

Full Moon Coyote
02-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm working through round 2 right now. Is it just me, or did anyone else have alot of trouble with that tile-pushing puzzle?

Wiegrahf42
02-27-2005, 11:15 PM
im stuck in this big rom where ashley has to use these cranks in the castle. its os annoying. i hate haveing to hafto take care of her and whenever i kill her i get a game over :(
Cover her with your Sniper rifle. Hopefully you got the semi-automatic model, but the Bolt action will suffice (due to the time spend reloading after each shot you must make every one count. If one of the Zealots grabs her and starts to carry her off, snipe him in the leg so he drops her. If you don't have any rifle ammo, you can either try to do an accurate pistol shot (at that range not recommended) or you can spray and pray with the TMP. Don't risk a shotgun blast, you'll hit her. Occasionally a Zealot will try to jump you from behind while you snipe. Equip your shotgun and give him a facefull of 12-gauge buckshot. Hope that helps. Any other questions class?

DMKA
02-28-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm working through round 2 right now. Is it just me, or did anyone else have alot of trouble with that tile-pushing puzzle?
Aye, that was annoying.

I'm currently trying to beat crazy insane mutated Salazar...quite an impressive boss, as all the bossfights so far have been.

Super Christ
02-28-2005, 01:27 AM
The only gaming-consoles I own are a PlayStation 2 and an Xbox, therefore I have not played Resident Evil 4. From what I've seen of it, I'm am very impessed, but people, please remember that 2005 is not over yet.
True, Zelda's also coming out this year. But if Resident Evil 4 isn't the best game this year, it's at the least second.

It's an absolutely awesome game - I loved all the others, and this one is no exception. The ability to go for headshots specifically is a welcome addition, and the second disc has a lot of the good old resident evil feel to it.

Giga Guess
02-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Wait'll you try Krauser.

Wiegrahf42
02-28-2005, 02:16 AM
I thought the Final boss was a pushover.

Chzn8r
02-28-2005, 04:12 AM
Yeah, the final boss, once you know what to do (I died 2 times my first game figuring him out) is easy as cake, but that doesn't make the boss itself (or the cutscenes before/after) any less awesome.

But yeah, Krauser can be a real biatch.

Full Moon Coyote
03-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I thought the ending sorta sucked. And they failed to explain some things like What exactly the Las Plagas were, where they came from, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the "sample" was the T/G-Virus correct? ANd how the bloody hell did Saddler get it? And what relation does he have with Umbrella? Many questions unanswered, but Capcom is very good at that. See: Megaman X

DMKA
03-01-2005, 03:40 AM
I beat it today, and I loved every bit of it. I have no complaints. It's one of the best games created IMO. :<3:

Super Christ
03-01-2005, 05:03 AM
And they failed to explain some things like What exactly the Las Plagas were, where they came from,
At one point you went through a mine. That's where they came from - they were petrified there, and the inhaled dust from excavating them contained their spores.

and correct me if I'm wrong, but the "sample" was the T/G-Virus correct?
Incorrect. The sample was a sample of the Los Plagas.

ANd how the bloody hell did Saddler get it?
It was developed on that last island lab you went through, using the excavated Los Plagas. You got to see a lot of their experimentations with the parasite there.

And what relation does he have with Umbrella?
None whatsoever. It's Wesker and Krauser that had ties to Umbrella, and Wesker wanted a sample of the Los Plagas.

I'm definitely looking forward to Resident Evil 5. I'm really interested in what Wesker is up to nowadays, and I want to know why he wants to restore Umbrella; after all, in the first game, he was a triple agent - he sold out S.T.A.R.S. to Umbrella, and then sold out Umbrella to the highest bidder.

Full Moon Coyote
03-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I knew that......But some questions still didn't get answered. I guess, we'll just have to wait till 5 to find some things out....

louby_4eva
03-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I love the whole Resident Evil series, it's so great and has made me jump and scream more times than I can count, but I prefer the books, does anyone know if SD Perry is going to make an RE 4 book?? I'm going to get Res Evil 4, just because I wanna know what are under them spoiler tags.

Wiegrahf42
03-01-2005, 09:24 PM
As I said Resident Evil 4 is my first Resident Evil game and I didn't find it very scary, I assume the others are more so?

Super Christ
03-01-2005, 11:03 PM
I love the whole Resident Evil series, it's so great and has made me jump and scream more times than I can count, but I prefer the books, does anyone know if SD Perry is going to make an RE 4 book?? I'm going to get Res Evil 4, just because I wanna know what are under them spoiler tags.
I don't know - I hear she has a disturbing fixation on Rebecca. She may be my favorite character, but I'm given to understand Perry is just creepy about it. Well, you've read the books so you'd probably know more than me. That's just what I hear.

As I said Resident Evil 4 is my first Resident Evil game and I didn't find it very scary, I assume the others are more so?
Yeah, they are, I'd say. The fifth chapter is the only part of RE4 that starts to get like the other games. Also, some creepyness came from the fact that each bullet was a special thing, they were pretty rare and you never had enough. And finally, I'd say the puzzles, which RE4 has very few of, added to it; it gives the impression that whomever designed the locations was not quite right in the head.

Wuggly Blight
03-02-2005, 06:21 PM
RE 4's story is really god awful tripe, it has really nothng to do with anything and leaves far to much of the story unanswered. The whole, terrorists kidnapped the presidents daughter thing? just no.... no.
Besides, zombies rock!

DMKA
03-02-2005, 07:37 PM
RE 4's story is really god awful tripe, it has really nothng to do with anything and leaves far to much of the story unanswered. The whole, terrorists kidnapped the presidents daughter thing? just no.... no.
Besides, zombies rock!
Wow, I don't know what you were playing, because the RE4 I played had the best storyline I've seen in a game that's not an RPG.

BritishBun
03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
the only thing that i don't like about that are the people with the chainsaws chaising after you

Wiegrahf42
03-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Resident Evil 4's story was pretty bad I'll admit, though it made up for it with gameplay. Also Leon isn't allowed to talk anymore, I'm fed up with his bad one liners. "I'm going to send my right hand man after you".
"Your right hand comes off?" :trout: Just shut up and shoot.

Super Christ
03-04-2005, 02:50 AM
I thought it was awesome. The one liner I came up with was a lot dirtier though.