PDA

View Full Version : The LEGO Thread

Clouded Sky
02-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Ok, ok. We've all played with them. And if you haven't, you ought to be shot, or drug out from under your rock. Those wonderful little bricklike things that stick together. I'm 17, and I'll admit, I still play with legos, occasionally.

With this thread, I want you all to discuss your innermost thoughts and secrets about legos, admit you still play with them, or even post pictures of legos. I may build something today, or cheat and find a pic off the internet. Also - do you ever do anything odd with legos? I was thinking it might be fun to make my very own Psychotic and Jojo and make them go on Lego adventures...

amratis
02-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I honestly never played with lego, Sorry :(

Misfit
02-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I used to like pulling the heads off the lego men.

Rusty
02-22-2005, 03:55 PM
I used to play with lego heaps when I was younger. It was lots of fun :) I don't get a chance to now because I don't have any anymore and my younger cousins don't seem to be into it. But I do remember it was heaps of fun when I was younger.

omnitarian
02-22-2005, 04:00 PM
I played with legos as a kid, but I never made anything that wasn't detailed in the instruction booklet. I don't know why, I'm normally the creative type.

I recently dug up my lego tub and made some pencil holders. I gave one of them wheels because nobody has ever tried a pencil holder / lego car hybrid.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-22-2005, 04:33 PM
i loved lego, in fact i still do, i used to like to build ff7 stuff out of it, :choc:

Jojee
02-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Er... if you ever make your own Jojo and Psychotic adventure, Jojo'll be kicking his arse, right? ;)

I love legos xD I used to always play "house" with them, make up characters and have lots of drama ^_^ I don't have legos right now but I wouldn't mind getting some ^^

Old Manus
02-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Lego is good. You can make ANYTHING.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Here's one i made earlier :choc:

Denmark
02-22-2005, 05:01 PM
I used to play with Legos but I was never very creative. I always followed the instructions the booklets gave me and did almost nothing else with them.

and Dingo Jellybean is a Lego fiend. I can't wait until he sees this thread. o_O

Rye
02-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Milhouse! :D I liked Legos, but I preferred Knex.

Luc
02-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Here's are some screens of the a new Star Wars Lego.

Rainecloud
02-22-2005, 06:20 PM
I bought a lot of Lego when I was younger, and my favourite would have to be my Treasure Island set. I made a little fort in the middle of a Lego lake, and I surrounded it with little Lego palm trees. It was really quite excellent.

Squall04
02-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Legos are only the coolest thing I ever did before about 8th grade. (Then I was into computer games) I had a TON, mostly all the old classic stuff like Space Police, and the old pirates and Imperial Guards. Ya, those were awesome. The new ones suck balls, though. Like Harry Potter Lego sets??? WTF??? Back in the day, it was your job to make up stories for the Legos.

Anybody subscribe to the Legomaniacs club or whatever it was? With the monthly magazines and stuff? That was awesome, too.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Legos are only the coolest thing I ever did before about 8th grade. (Then I was into computer games) I had a TON, mostly all the old classic stuff like Space Police, and the old pirates and Imperial Guards. Ya, those were awesome. The new ones suck balls, though. Like Harry Potter Lego sets??? WTF??? Back in the day, it was your job to make up stories for the Legos.

Anybody subscribe to the Legomaniacs club or whatever it was? With the monthly magazines and stuff? That was awesome, too.

exactly, when i was young i had the entire knights catologue of lego and had something like 50 different men all dressed in armour and they all had individual names and backgrounds :choc:

Mindflare
02-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh, I loved 'em. If this thread is still kickin' next weekend, I'll post pictures of what I made all those years ago. I never had the heart to destroy what I built. XD

Squall04
02-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Oh, I loved 'em. If this thread is still kickin' next weekend, I'll post pictures of what I made all those years ago. I never had the heart to destroy what I built. XD
Oh I'm quite the opposite. I built a ton of stuff and just totally demolished it. Like I had the space shuttle come crashing down through the town, or the pirates destroyed the El Dorado and left no one alive, or ... you get the picture. I had to dismantle them and try to hide them when I moved out, though, because I couldn't take them here.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-22-2005, 08:58 PM
thats the same with me, i once spent 3 hours building a huge robot-type thing and demolished it 5 minutes later to build something else :choc:

Xander
02-22-2005, 10:50 PM
I loved lego. Damn I wish I had some right now ;_;

Dr.K
02-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Lego was brill. I liked the roadworks set the best, space one was VERY cool also. I'm getting tempted to buy a set now. Must...resist...

unknown88
02-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Damn all this makes me wanna play some lego's, and all I have are those big one's 2 year olds play with. (I once made an airplane with them, but it crashed)

Ouch!
02-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Legos rock. I haven't touched them in like three years. They're in the storage area connected to my closet. I've had desires to get them out and build something out of them, but I'd have to move *way* too much crap to get to them.

Craig
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
I used to have a big box of lego, i'd make fighter planes and go karts with it then i'd fight my little lego men against eachother.

At one point I made a lego strategy game, but I never got the chance to try it out.

Chris
02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
I never did get into the whole Lego thing.

I don't really know why, I just didn't.

http://i.boomtown.net/pics/0/4/4/55440/220x165.jpg
That's funny though :D

DJZen
02-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Legos are still the best toy you can ever give a child. I still use mine occasionally. I recently build a lego torture dungeon and a lego nightclub complete with DJ booth which had turntables. Yes, turntables. That's how ace legos are.

One of these days I should get around to making a FF themed lego something or another. Maybe the temple of chaos or something like that.

Chris
02-22-2005, 11:46 PM
I recently build a lego torture dungeon and a lego nightclub complete with DJ booth which had turntables. Yes, turntables. That's how ace legos are.

I'm scared :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Lego is our master....I mean Lego is fun. I still have mine. I have a vacuum box full of them! I hated taking theme apart. I was a perfectionist too,i made sure it was all one colour, or there was a pattern, no randomness. I was subscribed to the lego club thing too. man I had it bad...*goes to room and plays with lego*

Del Murder
02-23-2005, 02:12 AM
I liked the Pirate set and the Space set. My friend and I also built a town.

Clouded Sky
02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
At one point I made a lego strategy game, but I never got the chance to try it out.

OMG! I'm not the only one that ever tried that? After far too much inspiration from FFT and Star Wars: Epic Duels, my brother and I made a map with walls and structures and stuff. Then we made classes. Finally we made a deck. We only made two class decks before we become completely overwhelmed and frusterated with the idea...

sigh, those were the days. i've been thinking, i really must make a Jojo/Psy lego scene and write a story about it. Expect it in the next couple days.

Kirkpatrick
02-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Before I extol the virtues of Lego, there's something I need to say:
I notice this a lot, and it makes me cringe. The plural of "Lego" is..."Lego". Not "Legos". Calling it "Legos" makes tearduct-equipped kittens cry.

Right, Lego.

I love it! I have a rather sizeable collection (four and a half tubs about 5"x20"x16" (13cm x 50cm x 40cm)), and I still make things occasionally - last year I went crazy building old sets after I remade a castle for a stop-motion video project.

Ah, good memories, Lego holds, surely one of the best toys - so much fun, and I'm sure it's got loads of beneficial teachings, too, like spacial visualization, following instructions (sometimes :p), and being creative!

...but this new "theme" Lego just isn't right. They seem to be trending towards more and more "special" pieces, which breaks down the whole point of Lego - you can build whatever you want!

Oh, and this is pretty crazy:
http://img225.exs.cx/img225/7082/legorelativity5cb.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting (http://www.imageshack.us)

Sadly, the main site seems to have disappeared, but a google search for "Lego Escher" should bring up all the different things that were done, which only get crazier.

Shlup
02-24-2005, 08:00 AM
I play LEGOs when I'm working/in lab class. Building a LEGO house helps pass the time.

strawberryman
02-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Ahh.. the old pleasure of legos. Never forget em. :cry:

agrudis
07-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I use 'em to make Stop-Motion cartoons

Flea
07-23-2006, 03:53 PM
I live close to the original Lego factory in Denmark :up: As well as Legoland, of course! Oh, how I love you, Legoland :love:

But I used to play with Lego all the time. My favourites were probably the pirate set and the castle set. I loved the dragon that came with the castle one :)

Cruise Control
07-23-2006, 04:02 PM
LEGO :heart:

I build them, pose them, then spray model glue all over, so I have them around the room. A decoration of sorts.

The Jamie Star Scenario
07-23-2006, 04:38 PM
I once created a sentient being from Lego, he was fun at first but eventually he got a bit big for his boots and went a little mad. Some of his ideas made perfect sense but others where just down right horrible and barbaric, like his love for yellow showers to name one of them.

Alive-Cat
07-23-2006, 04:38 PM
I wish I still had lego. :(

Dreddz
07-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Your only cool if you dug for treasure at Legoland and got a medal, I wear mine with pride

feona17
07-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I used to have a tub filled with LEGO, and played with it everyday. Those were the good days...

Del Murder
07-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Please do not post in threads that are from last year.