PDA

View Full Version : major SO3 help now beating the final secret boss

sephiroth9006
02-22-2005, 01:58 PM
HI it's me again and as i once needed help with saving Ameena, going thorugh the sgrine of kaddan,getting past spiral tower and beating luther i once again need some help this will probably be the last bit of help i need as it is from what i hear from my mate the final secret boss which he is nowhere near as he's still stuck on gabriel (heh now that i look at the boss i'm trying to beat gabriel is a pushover).
this boss is freya and is also very annoying aswell as being a cheese miester she continuessly uses ether strike and doesn't stop but more to the point yeah i need help i know that she has
a HP total of 20,000,000
and an MP total of 3,000,000
now in a fight with my characters current stats i can do about
19,500,000 points of HP to her
and somewhere between 1,500,000 and 2,900,000 points of MP too her.

then she uses ether strike when i'm about too finish her off with a dimension door pinning her between that and a vampiric flash from my albel which devestates both her HP and MP within 5 minutes i have done about half her MP and about 2,500,000 points of HP to her and the fact that she can use ether strike at the drop of a hat is extreeeeeeeeemly annoying cause that is the move that always kills me and no other as i said before she continuessly it's either over quickly because of that cheesy move or it ends when i've nearly killed her.
before you ask this is my party set out
Fayt
Lv255
X short: blade of fury
X Long: side kick
O short: aerial
O long: Dimension door

Albel
Lv255
X short: Hand of doom
X long: none
O short: Palm of destruction
O long: vampiric flash

Sophia
Lv245
X short: none
X long: none
O short: none
O long: meteor swarm

I did have ethereal blast for a battle against he once but the build up is so slow that it always go stopped now i know that when it reaches lvl 10 it'll be the most devestating move on the game as at lvl 2 it's just about as strong as dimension door well slightly weaker.
and advice to items party etc will be appreciated
thanks
Sephiroth9006

unknown88
02-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Well you should have a full stock of items (especially stuff like stun bombs and mp healing), your defense stat should nearing 4000. When I faced her I put a character on manual (in the farthest possible corner) to wait out and the other 2 beating up, timing is what this is all about, if it's too late for a bomb to work, use shielding devise, otherwise have that character ready for some resurrection.

sephiroth9006
02-23-2005, 09:13 AM
ok thanks looks like i'll have to spend another 3,000,000 odd fol updating items again well at least it's better the spending 6,000,000
updating items it's half the price :p

but still which skill do you think would be better for deal loads of HP and MP damage to her the dimension door or ethereal blast cause it's now at lvl4 on my fayt and still looks like it's not getting any stronger.

or should i use a completly different party atm i am using maria and cliff too level them up abit that valkire garb is extremely usful but why the hell can't sophia use it?

i have just over 14,000,000 fol in total so i shuldn't find updating items too bad atm.
but again thanks

Lord Xehanort
03-04-2005, 12:53 AM
You could always use my trick:

Fayt

X Short- Side Kick
O Short- Side Kick

X Long- whatever the hell you want
O Long- Dimension Door

Have Berserk active and equip the Victory and/or Bunny Trophy/ies.

Notice the Side Kick Combo? Here's the thing: you are invincible when using Side Kick. Chaining it together in this way will allow you to use it about 10-12 times in succession easily before you must stop for a second to recover Fury. Also, you can hold the O Button at Long Range and keep attacking with Dimension Door's 'force field'. Have a manual character far away on standby for healing.

NOTE: I have not yet reached Freya, yet this strategy made every single boss in the game into weaklings, including Gabriel Celesta, who liked to use full screen magics. Good Luck.

sephiroth9006
03-04-2005, 12:17 PM
and finally i beat freya using my own special stratagy they way i had it was.

fayt
albel
adray

all at lv255 and they way i ended the battle was kinda funny i started using ethereal blast and she started using ether strike so quickly i changed to adray and used a stun bomb on her knocking her out of the air and putting her exactly where the starting beam was hitting giving her the full force of the ethereal blast thus killing he and i didn't need to put anyone on manual.
and your stratagy using the side kicks may not work as she only ever virtually uses is ether strike and ethereal blast at about lvl9 is devestating but here's the thing the angel orb didn't get destroyed do you have to fight her until it does??
and i really need to find the last 4 trading cards for the multiplayer game the ones i need are
trading card EX2
trading card EX3
trading card EX4
and
trading card EX5
where are they cause i really want them to finish the game almost completly.
and during the ending on my save fayt is only ever shown with adray and apparantly there's a way to change the person that he's with for different endings,how do you do that?
any help with these would be appreceated
thanks
sephiroth9006

unknown88
03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
They're called Private Actions, or PA's for short, they're small scenes you get in the main part of the game, the ones you get or the options you put affect what everyone feels about you. You may wat to visit a site that numbers them all, or buy the official strategy guide to know them, since there are more than 50.

I got the Sophia ending, then I tried again and got the Maria ending, I also got the solo ending but it sucks. All you need is those potions that have the -1 emotion effect (though to get a character ending, that character needs 50 or more emotion points toward Fayt, and Fayt must have at least 21 points torward that character)

sephiroth9006
03-06-2005, 03:44 PM
so that emotion -1 thing actually ment somthing...lol i had no idea what it ment for a start.
so if i use one of them do they take emotion away meaning that if i where to use 50 of them on adray i won't get the adray ending?
i'm not too sure but still.
yeah i need the last 4 tradind cards that are listed where are they.
thanks
sephiroth9006.

unknown88
03-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Yep, 50 potions will remove the ending, as long as his emotion drops below 50.

As for the cards, I know theres one in the deepest reaches of the duggus forest (you need the ring of desintegration), can't remember very well the others

sephiroth9006
03-06-2005, 10:28 PM
yeah thanks i just finished the card collection and i only need 1 more arena which i know exactly where it is.
but back to freya quickly here the angel orb didn't get destroyed after i beat her is the amount of times you fight her unlimited or does it break after afew fights.

unknown88
03-06-2005, 11:09 PM
You can fight her any number of times, it won't break, she is like Gabriel and Ethereal Queen, you can fightthem as much as you please, which is good because you can get many battle trophies from them.

Lord Xehanort
03-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah... I only got the Fayt solo ending... I WANTED THE FAYT x ALBEL ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly, I had borrowed the book and needed it to help me through the story, so I can't remember how to make him love me. :crying2:

sephiroth9006
03-07-2005, 05:43 PM
well is there a way to make the potions have an emotion +1 if so thats the way to do it if not then start the game again cause there is no other way.
and if anyone got the fayt albel ending what happens in it cause i want to know as i want that ending too cause albel and fayt are my 2 favorite characters.
reasons
fayt:cause of his raw power in battle the ethereal blast is absolutly devestaing.
albel:cocky in battle funny character pic for the little pic thingys and is very powerful aswell.
yeah so uhh yeah....