PDA

View Full Version : Games You Hate with all the anger in You

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Games I hate would be the Tomb Raider series. geez I hate them. Also made a mockery of the film industry with those pathetic films. Also Time Crisis which I think try to lift a genre which died long ago

crashNUMBERS
02-22-2005, 07:59 PM
joel: I hate KOF 2003 I hate KOF 2003

Me: shuddap joel thats a good game! :mad2:

Dr.K
02-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Tomb Raider is one of thee most overrated entities on this planet I have laid eyes upon. Star wars : Jedi power battles was enjoyable, but had some extremely annoying glitches.

Destai
02-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Car racing games in general maybe, I mean, "....Zoom...."

Holy crap 10/10!!!!

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 08:10 PM
If people still go out and Buy Time crisis or Time crisis like games are seriously weird. Go to an Arcade were you can experience the games properly. Best game out of them lot are the Point Blank games which I still think shine out today. But after the 3rd installment I think they should leave it at that. Any more and they would soon go down that long spiral staircase of horrible sequels which would ruin there status as gaming classics. But a re-release of them all together for the PS2 with upgraded grapfics and such and such wouldnt be to bad but I would leave it at that

Erdrick Holmes
02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Mortal Kombat games prior to Deadly Alliance
Racing games
Rascal (whever made this game will get revenge)
Grand Theft Auto games
Aquaman
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Blood 2
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy IX

crashNUMBERS
02-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Yes mk sucks so bad!!!

Rye
02-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Jak and Daxter. HORRIBLE.

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Cant say I agree with that list. How can you hate FF games. Sure you could play them to much and get bored but just imagine all the good long hours they consumed of your life. Grand Theft Auto games to me are great and a Gaming Classic but Im not to Keen on GTA copy cats
*cough*ja...k*cough* oh sorry bout that

MK games I admit are getting tedious and boring. But good fun when they first were released

Please don't double post, use the edit/delete button to add something to a post. Thanks =) ~ Xander

Destination0
02-22-2005, 09:54 PM
I hate FFVII (please dont kill me)

Xander
02-22-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't think I can say I strongly hate any games, because most of the games I dislike I can still appreciate. But any that have made me come close to hating or really not liking...FFVIII... the toejam and earl game they remade on xbox. I never played it but it looked horribly 3D and it was in bargain bins everywhere. xD I can hate it just for those reasons =P Pretty much most first person shooters because they give me headaches and they are boring and bland..especially doom or quake or something..I forget. Numerous genesis platformers which got stupidly harder on the second level... that's all I can think of right now.

Necronopticous
02-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Wrestling games, actually "all the anger in you" isn't enough to express how much I loathe these horrible pieces of crap.

Xander
02-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh wait, that reminds me FOOTBALL games. Man I hate them.

Craig
02-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the Tomb Raider games basically consist of running around huge boring dungeons with horrible controls while shooting the odd Tiger or Bat?

Erdrick Holmes
02-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Also, Sword of the Berserk for Dreamcast. Such an awesome anime but such a crappy game. It's pretty much like this, watch a 20 minute cutscene, mash the X button 200 times, move around a bit, mash the button again 200 times, repeat from the begining about 600 times. I wasted a CDR downloading and burning this game.

Chris
02-22-2005, 11:30 PM
I really, really hate almost all First-Person Shooters.

I hate 'em.

Luc
02-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Mortal Kombat games prior to Deadly Alliance
Racing games
Rascal (whever made this game will get revenge)
Grand Theft Auto games
Aquaman
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Blood 2
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy IX

All those, except FFIX.

NM
02-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Pretty much anything by EA, but at the top of the list is "The Sim's."

Lord Chainsaw
02-23-2005, 03:20 AM
A game I thought was extremely poor yet received undeserved accolades over the recent years was Golden Sun.

I also don't like Wind Waker, but this is a personal preference. I'm not going to argue that it is a bad game, but it is not to my liking. Same idea with Metroid Prime.

An entire series I've always disliked would be Resident Evil. I despise the controls, and the survival horror genre really doesn't do much for me either.

Necronopticous
02-23-2005, 03:32 AM
Golden Sun
If this game wasn't portable, it wouldn't get any praise. At least I don't think it would. It is portable, so I find myself playing the games saying "Well, it's good for a portable game!"

crashNUMBERS
02-23-2005, 03:59 AM
Soz im killing you.

strawberryman
02-23-2005, 04:00 AM
Final Fantasy X-2
I agree in every way, shape, and form.

DMKA
02-23-2005, 04:30 AM
While I love FFX-2 and enjoyed playing it alot, I have to say, I despise the fact it was made. I don't necessarily despise the game itself...but it's exsistence, yes.

Legend of Dragoon is definitely a game that I feel like I wasted time on. I expected so much more from it, and the ending was pure crap and...ugh...just ugh.

Street Fighter EX2 Plus has to be the biggest atrosity to the series ever. That game was sickening.

GTA: Vice City pissed me off bad. I played and played and played and god, it sucked...everyone said it was the best game ever, and it ended up sucking so bad, I went and sold it immediately. San Andreas is pretty fun though.

Those are the only games I can think of that I anywhere near "hate", but I don't actually hate any of them...I don't see the point in hating a game. (I actually remember Rascal being fun)

Matthew
02-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Hating games is useless. Try hating something that deserves it, like a person.

crashNUMBERS
02-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Look its the pope *bows down*

Matthew
02-23-2005, 05:29 AM
Games are made for our enjoyment. People are made in spite of their constant hindrance of our happiness. You can put down a game, but people never shut the hell up or clean after their damn offspring. *crosses self* Amen.

eestlinc
02-23-2005, 05:46 AM
FFIX is good.

Time Crisis games are horrible, though.

crashNUMBERS
02-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Hey shuddap the pope has spoken.

Jebus
02-23-2005, 05:48 AM

You're my new favorite newbie.

Anyway, yeah, most FF games are pretty bad. I also hate fighting games for the most part.

crashNUMBERS
02-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Get the hell out of here!!!

Why are you in a ff site.

Jebus: Oh its 'cause I want to talk about bad ff gam--

Me: Ah shuddap!

krissy
02-23-2005, 06:25 AM
time for a cliche answer

i hate the internet
but i think i'm almost near disc 2

Strider
02-23-2005, 06:53 AM
Halo.

Fuzakeru
02-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Same here without the please don't kill me part. xD! I dislike 7 a lot. The plot just . . . it's pointless to me. I didn't get in to it at all. Plus, the characters have got to be the worst for me. Sephiroth looked cool though.

I have to diagree with Jak and Daxter though. One of my all time favorite games. :<3:

Erdrick Holmes
02-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I'll probably get chewed out by edczxcvbnm, but I hate Ninja Gaiden. That game is WAY TO HARD. I mea the boss at the end of stage one is nearly impossible because the only way to actually be him is to abuse the wall-jump ability, and getting close to him can kill you. Granted Tecmo put tons of work into making this game but I think they overdid it on the difficulty. I won' EVER play that game again unless they make a "Ninja Gaiden: Easy Mode" game. Sometimes I wanted to smash the disc and cut my wrist with the shards.

Sepho
02-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Murai in Ninja Gaiden will mislead you into thinking the entirety of the game is terribly difficult. He's honestly one of the tougher bosses in the game, as he doesn't really have a concrete pattern that you can learn and take advantage of.

The game as a whole isn't very hard, at all.

Destination0
02-23-2005, 02:09 PM
You're my new favorite newbie.

Anyway, yeah, most FF games are pretty bad. I also hate fighting games for the most part.

lol...thanks for adding me ur favorite...
btw...I love almost all FF but I just cant stand FFVII

Rye
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Who thinks FFIX is bad? It's my favourite Final Fantasy. :o Remember what Kawaii Ryukishi says about that.

Erdrick Holmes
02-23-2005, 03:14 PM
I actually beat that guy, but then I want on the next level. Enemies come at you in packs and you can barely heal yourself. They should have made a promo offer with that game. "Buy now and we'll throw in a cake of poisonous rice so you can choke to death on it."

XxSephirothxX
02-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Final Fantasy VIII
All sports games, except old-school NFL Blitz and Mario Tennis
Superman 64
Glover
Pokemon, Digimon, etc.

Cz
02-23-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't think I strongly dislike any games. If I don't like the look of a game then I simply won't play it, and unlike music or television, it's a lot harder for videogames to force their way into your life. Since they're easy to avoid, it's rather difficult to hate them.

Yuffie514
02-23-2005, 10:20 PM
by genre, i really dislike:

1. army/military games :mad: (don't mistake that for anti-patriotism :D )
2. dance games :mad: (it's annoying to me)
3. some shooting games (esp. Tomb Raider, plus Lara Croft is ugly :p )
4. robot-type games :mad: (Zone of the Enders, etc)

Ichimonji
02-23-2005, 11:03 PM
T.R.A.G.
Herc's Adventure
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Running Wild

There's so many...

Strawberry Gashes
02-23-2005, 11:13 PM
-Mario Is Missing
-Everything in the Turok series
-Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
-Every Army Man game
-Legends of Wrestling series
-Shaq Fu
-Silent Hill (A bold statement, coming from someone who loves the series)
-Final Fantasy VII (Got rather boring after Cloud leaves Midgar..)
-.Hack series

CloudSquallandZidane
02-24-2005, 02:17 AM
Who thinks FFIX is bad? It's my favourite Final Fantasy. :o Remember what Kawaii Ryukishi says about that.

Omg i despise IX with such a passion, that sometimes when im thinking about it, the walls on my room start shaking, FFIX cds and oddly enough any cds with Moby or Blink 182 on them start exploding. I only beat IX because it was an FF game... if it wasnt i'd have never played it a second longer, than to realize it sucked.

Starcraft and Warcraft also suck, those games are all the same game with different skins.

Wiegrahf42
02-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Most sports games are crap. Final Fantasy X-2 is easily the most annoying game ever.

Omg i despise IX with such a passion, that sometimes when im thinking about it, the walls on my room start shaking, FFIX cds and oddly enough any cds with Moby or Blink 182 on them start exploding. I only beat IX because it was an FF game... if it wasnt i'd have never played it a second longer, than to realize it sucked.

Starcraft and Warcraft also suck, those games are all the same game with different skins. You obviously just looked at the boxes for SC and WC.

Palindrome
02-24-2005, 02:47 AM
I HATE kingdom harts (except for jack. The nightmare before christmas was great.)
I can't see how anyone could hate FFVII. Even if the game sucked, it had Cid Highwind. Cid Highwind makes everything better.
Oh and i hate FF CC and FFXI. Those fuzzy people are the dumbest characters. They looked like someone raped a bear and that was what came out.

Shadowdust
02-24-2005, 03:04 AM
There is no game to hate more than FFX-2. I honestly don't know how anyone could like this game but hate other FF games. It's not only the worst FF but, in my opinion, the worst game ever.

fire_of_avalon
02-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Dear Chris and Strider.

Gold stars. Like, fifty million each.

Love, foa

strawberryman
02-24-2005, 06:00 AM
I did'nt like the first dark cloud. Just WAY too slow.
.Hack was'nt too good, either. The battle system is kind of slow, too.

Destination0
02-24-2005, 08:04 AM
There is no game to hate more than FFX-2. I honestly don't know how anyone could like this game but hate other FF games. It's not only the worst FF but, in my opinion, the worst game ever.

I second that....
I dont know that sqare was thinking....
It defines "worst"

Pure Strife
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter

What possessed Capcom to make this?

BOF checklist:
Fun battle system - No
Interesting dungeons - No
Cool characters - No
Good plot - No
Some idea as to why the hell you're playing - No

Sepho
02-24-2005, 01:24 PM
There's no game that I hate; they're supposed to be fun, and even games of the lowest quality aren't deserving of hate.

There's no game in the FF series that I dislike to such a point. I even liked FFX-2, because the gameplay made up for a lackluster story and the unfavorable main characters. Mystic Quest, anyone? I didn't find it to be so bad.

Cless
02-24-2005, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say that I actually hate a game. Hate's just too strong a word for that. For Example: I would hate someone if they (heaven forbid) murdered a member of my family. I don't think I could ever have that kind of emotion over a video game.

Anyway, games that I dislike. EA games. I don't really know why, but there is something about them that slightly irritates me. Maybe it's that they sell so well, and I personally feel that a lot of their games are undeserving of the sucess they get. And some games that I feel are deserving of sucess, don't get much at all.

What the hell, I'll just do a list of games I dislike:

-Need for Speed Underground
-FIFA

Woops, ran out of games! ;)

I'll probably get chewed out by edczxcvbnm, but I hate Ninja Gaiden. That game is WAY TO HARD. I mea the boss at the end of stage one is nearly impossible because the only way to actually be him is to abuse the wall-jump ability, and getting close to him can kill you. Granted Tecmo put tons of work into making this game but I think they overdid it on the difficulty. I won' EVER play that game again unless they make a "Ninja Gaiden: Easy Mode" game. Sometimes I wanted to smash the disc and cut my wrist with the shards.
It is a difficult game, though the thing about it is, I don't think it was ever unfairly difficult. It is certainly hard getting to grips with it, but I feel that after a bit of practise, anyone can be slicing their way through it like some kind of ninja master! I feel, the mistake that people make when playing is they don't block that much. When you don't block you will get your ass kicked. And yes, the boss's were very hard (in some cases insanely hard) but when you learn their attack patterns, they become a great deal easier. I personally thought that Ninja Gaiden was a great game and that the difficulty is actually one of the reasons why.

Sepho
02-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I actually beat that guy, but then I want on the next level. Enemies come at you in packs and you can barely heal yourself. They should have made a promo offer with that game. "Buy now and we'll throw in a cake of poisonous rice so you can choke to death on it."

The idea is to not get all beat up then use your potions, but rather to avoid taking damage in the first place. Cless nailed it with the mentioning of the block button. The thing about Ninja Gaiden is, you will get your arse handed to you if you button mash. Once you get a hold of the play mechanics, however, you'll have a much easier time.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that the game is easy. You'll have a challenging time with it, but it can potentially be fun if you figure out how to use your techniques effectively. I always have a finger on the Left trigger, and I roll. A lot.

The roll is your friend.

Cless
02-24-2005, 02:08 PM
I always have a finger on the Left trigger, and I roll. A lot.

The roll is your friend.
This is probably the best tactic in the entire game.

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 04:44 PM
update!

i forgot to mention that i also dislike sports games :p and female celebs games :rolleyes2 . come on, video-games is not for people like Britney Spears or Barbie :D ! just 'cuz i list these genres, it doesn't mean i entirely hate them :) , since there are some good ones, like e.g., Xenosaga :cool: . overall, i dislike the genre :eek: .

Cless
02-24-2005, 04:52 PM
i forgot to mention that i also dislike sports games and female celebs games . come on, video-games is not for people like Britney Spears or Barbie ! just 'cuz i list these genres, it doesn't mean i entirely hate them , since there are some good ones, like e.g., Xenosaga . overall, i dislike the genre .
I had no idea that Xenosaga was a "female celeb" game. :confused:

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 05:05 PM
no, i was saying that i hate those ditzy games :mad2: :D . who'd want to hang out with Barbie :rolleyes2 ? i was using Xenosaga :) as an example of a good "robot" game, which i previously listed as one of the genres i tend to dislike :) .

Cless
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm sorry Ms Yuffie514. You expressed your dislike for "robot" games 16 posts before that, and I forgot. I then assumed you were referring to Xenosaga as one of these "female celeb" games and then got all like :confused:. My mistake! ;)

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
no prob ;) . Xenosaga rocks and KOS-MOS just keeps on getting cooler :cool: !

Doors
02-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Most anime games.
Diablo 2
SC
Runescape

Jack
02-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Most racing games. ESPECIALLY Gran Turismo. I mean, all those races to buy *Holy Crap* a Ford Focus!!!! *I've just wet myself!!!*
All you do is follow a track around and TRY and win.

And... I hated Sonic. :D

Erdrick Holmes
02-25-2005, 12:36 PM
And... I hated Sonic. :D

You sir... are mad. Sonic made the 2D platformer awesome.

Edea
02-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PC).

Ryth
02-25-2005, 07:43 PM
1. Ghostbusters (NES, made no sense I watching this circling Ghostbusters logo go around a street I wasn't doing anything)

2. Where's Waldo (NES, everyone looks the same, the enviorments are even worse then NES games should be it boring and the controls are unresponsive)

3. Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories ( PS1, its Yu-Gi-Oh! it has horrid graphics, boring gameplay, boring story, and bad music)

4. Rascal (PS1, ARGH! Bad controls, bad gameplay, bad camera, making it ridicously hard!)

5. Glover (PS1, boring plain and simple)

6. X-Men Mutant Academy (PS1, generic and ugly)

7. Bionicle (GC, BLEH!)

8. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (PS1, evil, ugly, frustratingly bad, button-mashing pile)

The good thing is Yu-Gi-Oh!, X-Men, and Rascal I got my brother's idoitic friend to buy, and Batman I traded for something better with my brother's other idotic friend! They wanted it I let them have it, for a price.

crashNUMBERS
02-25-2005, 08:22 PM
3. Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories ( PS1, its Yu-Gi-Oh! it has horrid graphics, boring gameplay, boring story, and bad music)

No! Yu-gi-oh's just crap period! :p

Camanche
02-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Unlimited Saga.

crashNUMBERS
02-25-2005, 09:22 PM
I really hate DBZ fighting games. They're not even fighting games. Button-mashing bastards.

Crazy the Clown
03-16-2005, 03:23 AM
Believe it or not, I take this kind of question very seriously. I have played a bunch of games, not all of them good. But the one game that pissed me off more than any other would have to be "Hydlide" for the NES. The controls were the worst in any game I've ever played, and by that, I mean the attack and magic buttons never worked, but the "sit there and let monsters eat you alive" button worked just fine.. The graphics were pretty lame, even by NES standards. The sound was just one song being played to death, and it sounded like the "Indiana Jones" theme being horribly mutilated by a cheap-ass Casio keyboard. I wouldn't wish for anyone to have to play this game, unless they really made me mad.

Alice
03-16-2005, 06:15 AM
ALL sport games excluding EA's SSX series cuz i love it! oh.. and the golf games are pretty rad too...

Dreddz
03-16-2005, 05:49 PM
GTA games are new on my list on games that suck.

Xander
03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
In between the first time I posted in this thread and now, Parappa the Rapper became a game I hate with all the anger in me. It doesn't matter HOW well you press the buttons, it doesn't care! It has no logic at all!

Dreddz
03-16-2005, 07:16 PM
parappa the rappers pretty bad but not really bad.
I had a tender liking to Jammy Lammy the game though

ALL sport games excluding EA's SSX series cuz i love it! oh.. and the golf games are pretty rad too..

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

BatChao
03-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Hmm... the only game I can think of that I really hate is Silent Hill 2... I know it's definitely not the worst game out there, but it just really, really, really annoyed me with the constant running around in the fog... plus the puzzles made no sense. My friend was swearing left and right that it was the greatest game ever made, so when that made it even more of a let down. On the good side, the story is cool, but it still can't make me not hate this game.

Storm
03-16-2005, 07:49 PM
I hate Mega Man X6 so much. I've never played a game with a more infuriating level design in my life. Some things which are absolutely ridiculous are:
-Trying to kill 12 of those flying nightmare squids in the screen at once.
-Having a giant robot in the background attack you if you stand still for more than a millisecond.
-A level in which the whole screen is pitch black except a tiny diamond of light. Naturally, there are instant death spikes everywhere.
-Enemies that cannot die. They simply phase out and then re-appear, and throw sickles at you which are capable of flying through the ground.
-Fighting a boss with a bottomless pit.
-Biggest Pet Peeve: In Metal Shark Player's stage, there is a trash compactor that requires you to duck at certain points in order to avoid being crushed. The great thing about this is that the nightmare squids can fly through the trash compactor, hit you, thus making you stand up only to be crushed by the trash compactor.

Also, the voice acting wasn't even changed from Japanese to English, and most of the text seems like it was translated by grade 3 Japanese elementary students. I'm amazed Capcom would release such a poorly put together game.

Dreddz
03-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Hmm... the only game I can think of that I really hate is Silent Hill 2... I know it's definitely not the worst game out there, but it just really, really, really annoyed me with the constant running around in the fog... plus the puzzles made no sense.

I dont agree.
Silent Hill games are gaming legends and now I think about it are far better than Resi

Levian
03-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Counter Strike. No, I have never played it, and I never will.

Halo. No, I have never played it, and I never will.

Forbidden Siren. Worst 60$ I've ever spent. Remind me not to buy games with only Japanese characters, those games tend to suck.

Spyro games. I love these games, but the colours make me feel sick. No, seriously, they do.

Dreddz
03-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Spyro took me off platforming games for along time

Erdrick Holmes
03-16-2005, 09:44 PM
The only racing game I could ever stand was Mario Kart on the SNES. I just get bored with driving in circles 500 times.

The reason why I hate the GTA games is because they're way too over-hyped. And everytime I see somebody play them they don't ever "play" them. They just put in the cheat codes and blow crap up without getting a game over. I played Vice City, the driving controls in that game are aweful.

And I hate Mortal Kombat because it's fighting system is absolutly terrible, Midway concentraites more on Gore then Gameplay.

edczxcvbnm
03-16-2005, 10:17 PM
FFVI = Worst game ever created!

Yuzuki130
03-17-2005, 12:05 AM
First Person Shooters!!! AGH, I HATE THOSE. First Person RPGS... and ALL FIRST PERSON GAMES IN GENERAL. Oh, can't forget sports games!

And last but not least, Final Fantasy VII. BLEH! **Gets on Chocobo and leaves as fast as possible** :choc2:

Dolentrean
03-17-2005, 12:31 AM
the game Busby 3D! It was so bad that it came free with a madcatz controler (madcatz btw are the worst controlers ever) I played it for about 10 min and wanted to gouge my eyes out with a scorching hot mettel rod! It sent me into such a rage that not only did I break my controler, I think, if memorie serves me, I ended up destroying the entier universe!!!!!!

oh also I liked FF X-2 as it was fun enough to play but it was an insult to the series and never should have been made.

Lord Xehanort
03-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Ansem: I hated FFX-2 with a passion that burns with the heat of 1000 white-hot suns.

Kounetsu: I couldn't stand Legend of Dragoon or Legend of Legaia.

Shadow8017
03-17-2005, 01:58 AM
FF X-2

the game is a debacle in itself, but added the huge expectations I had for it from the glory that was FFX got me a tad upset ... yeah I was spewing the drink out of my mouth within the first 3 minutes of playing when I saw Yuna, Rikku, and Paine being introduced like they were the new charlie's angels .... sigh ..

Arthurdent_78
03-17-2005, 03:35 AM
I like every FF game out there (even FF3 and the game boy series) but I CANNOT STAND FF5. I bought FF Anthologies and am still glad cuz of FF6, but it was otherwise a waste. I kept playing it, because I figured, "hey, it's gotta get better eventually (since it's final fantasy, I mean, before I played FF5, I didn't think they could make a bad game), right?" BUT NO! It didn't, I played all the way up until the new world, and a little into it...but I just cannot stomach that game! *UGH* *YECH* *WRETCH* Now all it is, is just wasted space on my memory card, and in the FFA cd case.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
03-17-2005, 04:32 AM
I have a love-hate relationship with FFVI.

I love the story, i love the graphics, i love Final fantasy

I hate the gamplay, I KEEP getting STUCK.... THe only FF I'v tried many times but never beaten.

Halo 2 (Such a let down)
Sims 2 (Also a let down)
GTA: San Andries (OMG, stop swearing and learn more english you retarded gangster FOOLS!)

Luc
03-17-2005, 05:12 AM
The only racing game I could ever stand was Mario Kart on the SNES. I just get bored with driving in circles 500 times.

The reason why I hate the GTA games is because they're way too over-hyped. And everytime I see somebody play them they don't ever "play" them. They just put in the cheat codes and blow crap up without getting a game over. I played Vice City, the driving controls in that game are aweful.

And I hate Mortal Kombat because it's fighting system is absolutly terrible, Midway concentraites more on Gore then Gameplay.

^-- Joel is a smart man.

I hate:
any GTA
Mortal Kombat
Most racing games
FFX-2
FFX
Resident Evil 4

DaremihC
03-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Uhh... I like almost every game I play!

Wait...

Extreme Paint Brawl

How one of the worst rated games in history got onto my cousins computer is a mystery...

I almost destroyed humanity that day.

Project G
03-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Mortal Kombat series
FF X-2
Gran Tourismo series
Fighting games (Except Soul Calibur 2)
Haven

KaintheDragoon80
03-21-2005, 05:38 AM
I don't really hate games, just dislike them alot.
I am angered by Grand Theft Auto, Evergrace (don't even get me started D:<), Prince of Persia (HUGE letdown), Halo 1 and 2 (what is so special about those friggin games!), Hockey games, Pokemon (ugh), FFII (I am sorry, but the experience system angers me, I have been in at least 20 fights in the FIRST area and I cannot survive a SINGLE enemy in the second area!) and many other that I can't think of at the moment, because I am so tired -_-.

*Dark~Chaos*
03-21-2005, 06:48 AM
Spyro games. I love these games, but the colours make me feel sick. No, seriously, they do.

Actually i get headaches when i play this game, strange really.
Newayz i dont like those GTA games, sure it was cool the first time i played it, but after the 30th time i killed someone...wow! :mad:

Lucca
03-27-2005, 10:01 PM
GTA. My brother just keeps playing it. Drive, kill,drive,jump,die,kill,drive,curse,repeat process x 200. I don`t see the point.

FF X-2. How can that have the name FF is beyond me. Rikku and Paine do look CUTE, but Yuna a gunslinger? How,what,where? And that ghastly pop music! *BLAH!*

crazybayman
03-28-2005, 03:13 PM
FF X-2. How can that have the name FF is beyond me. Rikku and Paine do look CUTE, but Yuna a gunslinger? How,what,where? And that ghastly pop music! *BLAH!*

I couldn't agree more! That, and that stupid dress-sphere set-up. Its like trying to teach a 5 year-old boy to play with barbies. COMPLETELY WRONG!! Imagine what the developers of FF1 would have thought if they new that this game would be released as a Final FAntasy title.....they probably would have quit (unless they actually had a hand in developing this one, which would be completely beyond me....)

I really have no idea what they were thinking when they developed this game. Horrible and cheesy pop-music........that dumb dress-sphere setup was horrendous.

I pray to God that Dirge of Cerberus or any other sequel does not wind up like X-2.

Games I hate....besides X-2....there were some really bad ones I played on the NES that I choose to forget. But I agree with many, in that those 1st person shooter games annoy me. Other than that, I'm very selective over which PS2 games I try, so I wind up not hating any lately, except X-2..........grrrrr...... :mad2:

Ze Bayman

Old Manus
03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
FFX-2 is the worst game ever created. It was spurned from the bowels of hell.

Erdrick Holmes
03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
I got a few more.

Phantasy Star I
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star Online Card Battles (I think this is probably the only game Sega made with the intention to suck)
All of the Splinter Cell games

Dreddz
03-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I got a few more.

Phantasy Star I
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star Online Card Battles (I think this is probably the only game Sega made with the intention to suck)
All of the Splinter Cell games

Thought you loved Phastasy Star

Erdrick Holmes
03-28-2005, 05:18 PM
I do, PSII and IV are probably the best RPGss I'd ever played, but PS I and III sucked. I was just retarted and playing II shows how the game freaking ended, and III was god aweful, had nothing to do with the PS storyline, and gameplay that spans generations. So leveling up a character is pointless.

EDIT:

Newayz i dont like those GTA games, sure it was cool the first time i played it, but after the 30th time i killed someone...wow! :mad:

You're my new favourite newbie.

Sepho
03-28-2005, 05:35 PM
I couldn't agree more! That, and that stupid dress-sphere set-up.

Out of curiosity, did you also dislike the Job System of FFV?

kikimm
03-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Ugh. A lot of these games I've never even played, but I hate them all the same, and I don't care if I'm not being fair. >:O

---Legend of Dragoon. *shudder*
---Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank, or Click. To me, they're both extremely similar, and I hate them equally, and muchly.
---Halo.
---FF X-2. Like DMKA said, not the game itself, because it was somewhat enjoyable, but I hate that Square felt like they had to make it. FFX's ending was perfect. Argha.
---Yes, I hate Sonic. I also can't stand these Mario Party games, whatever the hell they are. The old Mario/Luigi games are awesome, but this new generation....eww.
---Racing games. Boring.
---Sports/wrestling games. Effing dumb?

Yep.

:D

TasteyPies
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Final Fantasy x-2

Its so very lame.

You scored ACTIVE HAND GRENADE ....oh cra- KABLAM!

Xalioniaf
03-29-2005, 12:30 AM
No...no! Stay away! No! No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Apollo
03-29-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't hate games with all my heart. But I do have some that I think are highly over rated.Two of them are:

GTA series
Zelda series

Phil
03-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Zelda series

You just commited a sin so vast that not even the very depths of hell can cause you as much pain as I will if you EVER say that again.

Jk....

So yeah, I love Legend of Zelda, excluding WIND WAKER, and other games that blow include
-Halo, Halo 2- way to over-rated by annoying 20-something year olds who play on line for a LIVING
- Mega Man anything- its just.. gone on too long... end it, please...
-Ratchet and Clank- no offense but the butt jokes are gettin' old.
-Star Ocean, Till the End of Time, used to love the game, now I hate it realizing it was a waste of money. The battle system was cool but the fact that you visit the same places over and over again gets really annoying.
-Sonic Heros. Sonic = Good. Sonic + x-box and ps2 = evil beyond comprehension. SA2 Battle rocked, heros blew.
-FFVII. Yeah, you heard me. I'm not so sick of the game but rather the 8 year old fanboys who sell their limbs for merchandise even remotley relating to FFVII.
Devil May Cry 2- 1 and 3 were great, 2.... no.... just..... no....
-FFX-2. I think you guys summed that up pretty well.
and finally, the game of superior evil, that will never ever be spoken from my lips - Linneage 2..... yeah its online. Its annoying. You have 40 year old men playin' as female elves.... guh.. nasty. Then theres the online joke that male elves are gay..... wow... can you really be so dumb as to make fun of a non-existant person? I think the main reason I hate that game so much is because one of my "friends" got my two best buds addicted to it and they wouldnt shut up about it, ever. and when I say ever- I mean like callng me at 5 am to tell me they leveled up and got wind-strike-fire-ball-blast-super-magnum-thunder-bolt-strikey-thingy. NOBODY CARES!!!1 Online games pretty much blow except Day of Defeat and Counter Strike, which I love.

Meat Puppet
03-29-2005, 03:40 AM
Street Fighter

Apollo
03-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Actually,I think the Zelda series is just overrated not highly overrated like I said in my previous post so sorry. (I like Metroid better though) sorry for the misunderstanding. :) :D ;) :cool:

P.S:I am not just saying this because of what phil said. ;)

Phil
03-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Actually,I think the Zelda series is just overrated not highly overrated like I said in my previous post so sorry. (I like Metroid better though) sorry for the misunderstanding. :) :D ;) :cool:

P.S:I am not just saying this because of what phil said. ;)

Hahaha I am just kidding- sorry if you thought I was being serious. I like zelda, but your opinion matters, and- hey , if you think it's over-rated, maybe it is. But just wondering, why do you think its overrated?

Apollo
03-29-2005, 04:08 AM
Oh I know you were just kidding. But it just seems that people say how good it is and ignores the some problems it has. Or maybe its just i'm crazy? I really don't know :spin:. I sorta like it, it isn't as bad as GTA :).

ViVincent
03-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Games to hate:
FF XIII, SO SLOOOOOOWWW
All Racing games minus Mario Karts
That is all for now :mad:

moses
03-29-2005, 04:32 AM
ok, here goes,
GTA-the killing is just a little redundant
Sports games-**shudder**
any game to do with music or dancing because it gives a bad name to the industry
FFX-2- i played the first ten minutes, had an overload of girl power and went into the bathroom to vomit. sorry if i seem a little judgemental to all you who liked it but the next time that SquareEnix wants to market a game like that they should do it under another banner......that just defiles the name of Final Fantasy

Erdrick Holmes
03-29-2005, 04:36 AM
I love you all, GTA does indeed suck, I'm glad people here see that.

Meat Puppet
03-29-2005, 04:36 AM
2D fighting games

cloud20747
03-29-2005, 04:56 AM
sports game (not the street games....sometimes) They get really repetitived. I mean run and catch the ball or run and shoot the ball....BORING (to me)

crazybayman
03-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Out of curiosity, did you also dislike the Job System of FFV?

To my dismay, I still haven't played FFV. Was the Job System similar?

It couldn't have been as bad as the dress sphere system....really.....it wouldn't surprise me if the creators of barbie had a hand in that one. :p

Zeldy
03-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I dont like Phantasy Star online episode 3,i just dont like the gameplay as much as ep 1 & 2.

MecaKane
03-29-2005, 02:47 PM
You know what I do with games I don't like?
I don't play them! Radical, I know. But it seems to work, as I haven't had to deal with any bad games in quite some time. Everyone wins!

Sepho
03-29-2005, 10:34 PM
To my dismay, I still haven't played FFV. Was the Job System similar?

It couldn't have been as bad as the dress sphere system....really.....it wouldn't surprise me if the creators of barbie had a hand in that one. :p

FFV didn't have the general pop culture feel of FFX-2, but getting down to the gameplay, FFV was definitely the inspiration for the Dress Sphere system. I don't much care for a lot of things about FFX-2, but I didn't think the DS system was so bad, and I still had fun playing the game. I like the original Job System better, but X-2's system wasn't bad.

I'd still play FFV - disliking Dress Spheres doesn't mean you'll dislike the Job System. It doesn't have that "dressing up Barbie" stuff you describe.

crazybayman
03-30-2005, 12:50 PM
FFV didn't have the general pop culture feel of FFX-2, but getting down to the gameplay, FFV was definitely the inspiration for the Dress Sphere system. I don't much care for a lot of things about FFX-2, but I didn't think the DS system was so bad, and I still had fun playing the game. I like the original Job System better, but X-2's system wasn't bad.

I'd still play FFV - disliking Dress Spheres doesn't mean you'll dislike the Job System. It doesn't have that "dressing up Barbie" stuff you describe.

Cool, perhaps I'll like that one then. It was the whole pop-culture/girl-power/girly-dress-sphere crap that turned me off. I'll see if I can download FFV on a ZNES emulator or something. Thanks.

Ultima Shadow
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
The only games that I really hate are the good games that are only released in Japan. They are so frustrating! :greenie:

black orb
03-30-2005, 04:57 PM
>>> First person Shooters and Sports games..

CaptRory
03-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Back in early gradeschool I rented a game for the NES. I don't recall the name, but it was based on the Indiana Jones movies. It was pathetic. The enemies kept repeating themselves and the only difference between the levels was the background colors. *shudders* It was horrible!

KoShiatar
03-30-2005, 08:05 PM
The I of the Dragon. I LOVE dragons, but this game really sucks. The gameplay is really dumb, graphics are crappy except for the dragons themselves, and the general feeling is boring, boring, boring. And after a while it even makes me sick.

Destai
03-30-2005, 09:33 PM
I dont like sports or racing games much at all. And I hate that blasted "rascal".

Flamethrower
03-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Those who hate sports games need to play the diety known as "Bad News Baseball".

Gnostic Yevon
03-31-2005, 02:49 AM
The only game I hate with a passion is FF5. Maybe it was my ps1 version, but it ran horrendusly slow, as if it was written in Qbasic by high school students, and the menus were messed up or something. They had you equiping parts of the job to the second slot, but for some stupid reason, the translators thought it would be funny to make them say things like "!RedMg!". I thought it looked bad that the translators couldn't be arsed to put the abilities in English. It was a bit too easy to get the abilities that you need just equip in the second slot and then your knight can summon. Well I mean you had to level up a bit with the new job, but that isn't "a deep job system". It's exploitable just get to job level 3 and you can have a knight cast high level mage spells. Oh and then there's the plot. It was pretty much straight up Zelda. Get the crystals. it never got much deeper than that, and then I LOL when it turned out that the guy with amnesia was the only one who could save the world. Seriously I've played RPG maker games with a deeper plot line then this.

crazybayman
03-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Those who hate sports games need to play the diety known as "Bad News Baseball".

Yes, this one RULED. For a baseball game on the NES console (before Ken Griffy Baseball on the SNES), it was awesome. The fact that each of the players abilities were rated from 1 to 8 (arm, speed, etc) and you could pick your own allstar teams. Definitely a step up from the other 8-bit baseball games.

And those close-up tag plays were damn cool!! (for back in the 8-bit days)

Dolentrean
04-02-2005, 02:33 AM
the next time that SquareEnix wants to market a game like that they should do it under another banner......that just defiles the name of Final Fantasy
thank you! I couldn’t agree with you more! I found it a moderately fun game but...ohhhh god I hate them for making it a FF, The story was so incredibly weak it was sad, the tone of the game didn’t feel one bit like the original FFX and... *shakes head in sorrow* :cry: ...the words simply fail me :mad:

"Satyricon"
04-10-2005, 12:50 AM
westlife and the spice girls game. thining of that some ppl really made a game with them makes me mad

Perducci
04-12-2005, 11:27 PM
FFX. That game sucked. All of it. The only good things about it were Blitzball, Wakka and Rikku.

Swordicanus
04-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I hate dancing games like gitaroo man and parappa the Crappa

Swordicanus
04-14-2005, 06:01 PM
i hate singing games and fishing games

Pouring Rain
04-14-2005, 11:40 PM
I really hate Diddy Kong Racing. Don't know why, don't know how, just do. And I hate every Zelda game made because I can't get past these two i have.

FF freak
04-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Some game for the PS2 called "Vex". If it sounds unfamiliar don't try it....DON'T!

YukiKiro
04-21-2005, 08:14 PM
JFK Reloaded. I'm american, i find this game HIGHLY offensive. and Mary Kate and Ashley Crush Course. my sisters own that game and when they play it IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Who on earth would make a game based on these two? what's interresting about them except for they look like each other and they're filthy rich (and a few of you out there can argue they're hot... go figure).

Fire_Emblem776
04-21-2005, 11:19 PM
well i dont like sports games
why play a simulation when you can play tje rea lthing?