PDA

View Full Version : FF7 - Costa Del Sol to Icecicle Inn to the Slums....

feioncastor
02-22-2005, 08:06 PM
In FF7, there are a great deal of diverse places that you visit, from the Carribean-esque beach of Costa Del Sol (where nothing really important happens), to the Alaska-esque Icecicle Inn, to the my house-esque slums under the plate in Midgar, which actually consists of a bunch of smaller towns.

So what I wanna know from you all, is this:

What is your favorite place in FF7?

Mine is a tie between a few places. Wall Market in sector 6 slums, and I also like that one town in the slums where the guy is in the pipe, all weirded out. I like that kind of stuff. People just getting by, however. Y'know, cause that's what we did as kids. We could make a veritable city out junk in a junkyard, and that's what these people were doing, living in cars and pipes, and make-shift leanto houses... We used to make small towns like that in the junkyard in our backyard (we lived in the middle of nowhere, our backyard was huge). Just seeing what these people did to get by, throwing stuff together out of junk and making it into a house is so much cooler than a fully established city with tall buildings and what not...

I dunno, it's tough to choose, because most of the places in FF7 are so f***ing cool...

Feion

redxiiii
02-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Cosmo canyon! :D or the gold saucer depends on my mood :)

Camanche
02-22-2005, 08:30 PM
As a place I'd like to visit/see, I'd definately say the City of the Ancients- The Temple of the Ancient's running a close second. As for a place to live, I LOVE Cosmo Canyon and Mideel, and Nibelheim has a nice vibe as well. So does Kalm. One thing that really made FFVII what it was- to me- was the well thought out and placed towns and cities throughout the game. They were all very unique, fitting to their environment, and generally just downright cool.

But overall, the City of the Ancients, Cosmo Canyon, and Mideel are my favourites, in that order.

Mindflare
02-22-2005, 09:26 PM
My favorite location would have to be the Gold Saucer. It's such a great looking... thing... in the middle of an uninhabitable desert. Works for me. Also, Bone Village is cool. They live in bones. Since I'm so indecisive, I'll also throw Kalm into the mix. It's so peaceful and small.

All the locations of FF7 are creative. I like 'em.

TheSpoonyBard
02-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Nibelheim. Most definately the best place in the game. So much of the background is based there, and it is the the three best characters' hometown. Another good place is the City of the Ancients and Icicle Inn. I would have loved to have seen Neo-Mdgar, but unfortunately ShinRa never got around to that. Armageddon put a stop to that plan. Oh well...

Chris
02-22-2005, 09:59 PM
http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/1t30aq

Fantastic landscapes! Rocket Town.

http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/1t30h1

Mt. Corel, what a beautiful sight.

http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/1t30id

Another Mt. Corel moment.

Skyblade
02-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Nibelheim. Most definately the best place in the game. So much of the background is based there, and it is the the three best characters' hometown. Another good place is the City of the Ancients and Icicle Inn. I would have loved to have seen Neo-Mdgar, but unfortunately ShinRa never got around to that. Armageddon put a stop to that plan. Oh well...

It's amazing how Armageddon seems to ruin so many city development ideas... :D

So, your three favorite characters are Cloud, Tifa, and...Zack?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Zack's hometown is Gongaga.

TheSpoonyBard
02-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Isn't Vincent from Nibelheim? Anyway, it's where you find him in the game. My favourite characters are Cloud, Tifa and Vincent. I forgot to mention that I also like Rocket Town, Kalm and Junon. Actually, I think all the cities/towns/hamlets in FFVII are spectacular.

Destai
02-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Nibelheim and all round Midgar. Id love to see the city of the ancients.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Vincent is found in Nibelheim because that's where he confronted Hojo in his lab underneath the Shin-Ra Mansion and got shot and experimented upon and thrown in a coffin. His hometown is unknown.

feioncastor
02-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Zack's hometown is Gongaga.
When do you learn this in the game?

And why do so many people say Mideel? What's so great about Mideel? There's not much cool stuff there...

Cosmo Canyon is neat too. Gosh, they're all so friggin cool (except Mideel which is only minorly cool)

Feion

redxiiii
02-23-2005, 09:53 PM
When u get to gongaga

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Mideel is cool because it's tropical, largely built upon stilts, and you don't get there until relatively late in the game, at which point it's cool to have a brand new town to check out.

Chris
02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Just to remind you of the many options.

http://www.zell.webzdarma.cz/final-fantasy-7/mapa2.jpg

Ichimonji
02-23-2005, 11:12 PM
The City Of The Ancients is my favourite place to abide in FFVII. It's very beautiful.

Skyblade
02-23-2005, 11:34 PM
That's right. Zack is from Gongaga. The townsfolk talk about him. But you never do learn where Vincent is from.

Chris
02-23-2005, 11:38 PM
I dunno no why, but I've always liked Corel Mountain. Walking alongside the rails... and the music is so peaceful.

Subtle
02-24-2005, 12:22 AM
I rather enjoy Rocket Town.

Sort of like an old, military-owned mill town.

Flashback007
02-24-2005, 09:16 AM
I always liked Cosmo Canyon. It's just a nice place. You come there often plus the music is cool.

By the way, I saw the map, is there a Cactus Island in VII?? I didn't know that.

LastCetra
02-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Cosmo Canyon! It's so cool with Bungenhagen's obsevatory and then on the third disc when you can go look at the planet thing and visit the huge materia!

Jenova
02-24-2005, 08:38 PM
My favs are Wutai and Nebelheim.

Sword
02-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Same here man. Wutai is so bright and oriental (I like anything to do with Japan, all great things come from there) and Nibelhiem is so mysterious. Brilliant!

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 11:42 PM
I'd have to say the Northern Crater. Don't ask me why.

The New Kid
02-25-2005, 11:59 PM
I guess now that I've seen a map, I'd say I like Junon and Midgar the best. I like cities better than towns/hamlets.

Zangan
02-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Mr Holzoff's house. Kind of place you'd write a book. Or kill yourself. Whichever floats yer boat.

cloud20747
02-26-2005, 01:48 AM
My favs are Wutai and Nebelheim.

I looooove Wutai just a calm relaxing place with the coolest bar(Turtle's Paridise)
Nibelheim is also relaxing expect for the people trying to cover up what happen there 5 years ago

Maxico
02-26-2005, 10:20 AM
[FONT=Arial]
http://www.zell.webzdarma.cz/final-fantasy-7/mapa2.jpg

I wanna live in dashing chocobo!

Del Murder
02-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Cosmo Canyon is pretty neat, and has great music!

Masamuneˇ1600
03-18-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm torn between Lower Junon, the Desert Prison, and 7th Heaven when the Plate collapses.

Maybe.

DaremihC
03-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Rocket Town... or Wutai...

Nahhh. It's all about the Chocobo Sage's house. I wanna live there!

Probably smells though...

rubah
03-20-2005, 02:30 AM
I vaguely recall the Wall Market as having the best music, but it was annoying as all get out.

Cosmo Canyon must be it then. with the second best music and the best view.
But then again, I dont' remember a lot of those places. yey.

Shoden
03-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Wutai and Nibelheim

Vincent is most likely from Nibelheim because you saw him there occasionally in the flashbacks and in an unfamilar house
i cannot find any pics of Vincent before he got shot

Squall of SeeD
03-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Vincent is most likely from Nibelheim because you saw him there occasionally in the flashbacks and in an unfamilar house

He was in Nibelheim because he was a Turk assigned to protect Shin-Ra's scientists there while they conducted the JENOVA Project research (at least that is the indication offered by the game, as no other explanation for why a Turk would be there with them is suggested nor very logical).

As for where he was from, we're not told. In fact, the closest suggestion as to where he might have been from is what he will say if one has him in their party after they fight Yuffie and then move to the screen where Yuffie is laying on the grass. If one speaks to Vincent on that screen, he'll say that Yuffie looks familiar. Considering that he had spent the last 30 years in Nibelheim and Yuffie was 16 years old in the present, he had likely never seen her before, but perhaps her mother or another Female relative. The only possible suggestion is Wutai.

i cannot find any pics of Vincent before he got shot

Here's some:
Linkage 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/VincentandtheShin-RaScientists.jpg).
Linkage 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/LureciaRejectingVincent.jpg).
Linkage 3 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/DeclarationofLove.jpg).
Linkage 4 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/HojoandLucreciaKissing.jpg).
Linkage 5 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/LucreciaBowsHerHead.jpg).

Perducci
03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Erm... Northern Crater and the Forgotten Capital. Yup.
Northern Crater had cool music.
Oh yeah, don't forget the Old Man's house!

Lenna
04-05-2005, 12:55 AM
I personally like Wutai. It generates a memorable type of place, as does the City of the Ancients. It's simple, yet creative at the same time. And also the hometown of one of my favourite characters. It's quite a remarkable sidequest when going there, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I still get cheesed off at yuffie taking my materia though :P annoying to fight without it!!!

sephiroth JR
04-05-2005, 09:28 PM
for training my fav place is northern cave and when im bored i go to junon, i dunno i just like setting off that siren on the way 2 the underwater reactor