PDA

View Full Version : Where's my merit award?

Poopcannon
02-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know where to get a merit award?

Apparently, with this little beauty, the character equipped with it, can equip anything. Having said that, with it, you could equip Sabin with it, have him wear a snow muffler, give him the offering, give him a Scimitar and a Minerva... et voila! You will NEVER see a 'game over' screen again! Sweet! But, of course, I've never seen one of those (more times than I would like...).

BTW, has anyone seen Mog with a snow muffler on? The Goddesses struggled to take even 5HP off of him! Imagine Sabin with that kinda bling! For rizzle, you gotta love fur coats.

Flying Mullet
02-22-2005, 11:05 PM
You can win a Merit Award from the coliseum: http://figarocastle.homemade-websites.com/coliseum.html

Also, you can win more Bling, a.k.a. Show Mufflers, at the coliseum.

Poopcannon
02-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Is there any easier way? I do have an aegis shield with which you can follow the process:

Aegis shield - Tortoise shield - Titanium - Cat hood - Merit award.

As you may notice, I am lazy and I don't have the time (I'm also impatient...)
I already knew about the collesseum but I never saw the connection until I saw the list from that site. Cheers for that Flying Mullet (Now why didn't I think of that name, damn.)

Braindead_Paul
02-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Aegis shield - Tortoise shield - Titanium - Cat hood - Merit award.

I'm quite sure you'll have to fight a Brachosaur if you do it that way.
Maybe you should start with an Imp Halberd...

Poopcannon
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Good point. I suppose it's a good use for an otherwise useless weapon (unless you think imps are cute or something...). God I hate dinosaurs. On the subject of the coliseum, why would you want to win a bone club? You can't even equip Umaro with new weapons. Ah well, no matter.

Is there any way of getting a merit award without going to the coliseum? It just seems like such a long way and I just got comfortable on my couch (I think I'm starting to create a groove here...).

ljkkjlcm9
02-23-2005, 05:16 PM
uhm, don't expect to equip Sabin with that stuff... it doesn't allow you to equip EVERYTHING, just some more things. It's best to put on Gau, cause it increases his strength which is normally not possible cause he doesn't use a weapon. It's unnecessary on the other characters...

THE JACKEL

m4tt
02-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Yeah I always used it on Gau. He becomes such a powerhouse when you give him some weapons.

Poopcannon
02-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Gau eh? I think the last time I saw him was when I left him in the savanna to die, but if he can be a good character...

Pity, and I was so looking forward to seeing Sabin in girl's clothes, but maybe that's just me.

Are there any particular restrictions that can't be overcome (e.g. crossdressing armour, etc.)

Flying Mullet
02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
You can't put the left shoe on the right foot.

Poopcannon
02-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Not true, although stupid and uncomfortable, I did once decide to spend a week wearing my shoes on the wrong feet. Don't ask me why, but my big toes were curved inwards for about a month afterwards. It sucked. Trust me, don't try it, nobody even thought it was funny, especially me.