PDA

View Full Version : Easy Key Spheres ?

tehSlippy
02-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Is there an easy way to get key spheres? Specifically lvl 3 and lvl 4.

I think you can bribe Demonilith for 40x lvl 3 key spheres, and you can bribe Chimera Brain for 1x lvl 4 key sphere, but it costs 197,000 gil for the 1x lvl 4 key sphere, and thats 2x mimic boxes in omega ruins...

all in all, it is very time consuming to get lvl 4 key spheres, I haven't even bothered with lvl 3 yet...

Is there a way to get lvl 3 and 4 key spheres easily?

?M?y?s?t?e?r?i?o?u?s?
02-23-2005, 01:54 AM
umm to tell u the truth i just found my spheres in chests and other places sorry.

RSL
02-23-2005, 01:59 AM
I took Kimahri down Rikku's sphere path and got him to learn steal. In the fight with Biran and Yenke, you can steal several level 3 keyspheres from them. I think I got 10 or so. It has really helped.

Hopefully someone else can help you further.

Slash
02-23-2005, 02:03 AM
If you have access to the Airship, I'd try hunting in Omega Cave. I might be wrong, but i think you can get level 3s pretty easy there and maybe level 4s too. But be careful... if you don't have a very high level, you'll get wasted by some of the stronger fiends. To get to Omega cave, you gotta search on the world map on the Airship in a certain area with specific coordinates.. I don't remember those, unfortunately... good luck with that.

rubah
02-23-2005, 03:19 AM
For lvl4s, your best bet really is bribing chimaera brain, sorry.

Go fight in the monster arena for a long time-- you build gil up, especially if you fight one-eye lots, or use kottos to make auto-regen+threeslot armors:)

but as for lvl3, just hit up the omega ruins hard and heavy:)

alexholker
02-23-2005, 08:23 AM
If you are hunting in the Omega Ruins but are at a comparatively low level, I would reccomend that you find one of your characters who has the "Flee" skill, and give them a weapon with First Strike. For example, Auron's Masamune has this when powered up, or you can use a Return Sphere to customise a weapon. Doing this means that when something you can't handle attacks (like a Great Malboro), you can flee before it gets its first attack, even if you were ambushed.

tehSlippy
02-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, I've fought every monster in Omega Ruins (most more than 5x) and I haven't gotten lvl3 key spheres from any of them...

The only key spheres I got from monsters in Omega Ruins were lvl 1 key spheres from Master Coerl's or whatever they are called.

rubah
02-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Sometimes the items change for overkill, so keep that in mind.

Or maybe you'll have to go fight in sin, but lvl 3 spheres really aren't a problem after a point. And you just have to keep enough gil to get the lvl4s until you suddenly have no more locks:D

tehSlippy
02-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Well I ended up bribing Demonilith 900,000 gil for 28x, then I went back to Omega Ruins to train and ended up finding 5x from monster drops within 10 minutes....

Chopseuy
02-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Ahh your best bet is to find them in chests, because I know nothing about bribing. I started bribing in FFX-2, where I bribed 99x Ribbons from Ultima Weapon.

Kiwi Nazi
03-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Exactly how much do you have to bribe the chimera brains to get Lv. 4 Key Spheres? Is there anybody else you can bribe or kill to get them? How much gil do you have to pay Omega Weapon to get ribbons?

Cuchulainn
03-24-2005, 05:54 PM
The FDefender Z's drop Level 2 % 3 key spheres at Over Kill & sometimes w/o, I'dv seriously consider fighting down there for easy cash, Rikku's Godhand nets yoy 100,000 Gil when you beat mimics, remember the more u fight the easier it will get.And I back Alexhocker's sentiments, get a weapon with First Strike if you have not got good armour yet as Great Malboro's ALWAYS Ambush u down there, would could have the sphere grid maxed & still get pounded by Status if you have ish armor, I suggest completing the Arena sidequest for 99 Dark Matters & gettying Ribbon or even getting Stoneproof, Confuseproof, Bezerkproof & Auto-Med armour on some blank Tetra's, it's the cheap man's ribbon but it works (Stoneproff for the Demonoliths who have the capability to Petrify everyone with their breath).
every standard monster is a walkover to me now, but i do remember when they werent & the right armour was a savior. But buuild up cash & Bribe Chimera Brain's for Lvl 4's And overkill Defewnders for Lvl 3's, I believe the Defenders in Zanarkand drop them rarely too.

rubah
03-24-2005, 07:41 PM
I think it's 196000 gil for two level 4 keyspheres. something 9 something at least

when you're dealing with great marlboros, dont' ever have yuna in your party.
That way, when auron first strikes, you can have her call an aeon, which by some miracle are immune to all status effects:D