PDA

View Full Version : Ever interested in something you're not really good at?

Dingo Jellybean
02-23-2005, 07:40 AM
For me, that's math.

I'm not really a mathematical prodigy, it often takes me hours to completely understand a chapter in a math text(which is often just 2-5 pages). Yet, the more I read it...the more I want to learn of it.

Like, it took me a while to digest the proof of why there are infinitely many prime numbers. It also took me a while to fully understand and illustrate what an abelian group is. Pre-Abstract Algebra and Number Theory are by far my hardest math classes...and I haven't even taken Euclidean Geometry, Combinatorics, Applied Probability Theory, or Calc4 yet. I'm kind of scared that I'll somehow fail these classes and watch my degree go down the drain...yet I'm kind of determined to see it through...all so I can teach low-level math like AP Calculus and high school Algebra...ironic isn't it?

Matthew
02-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Yes, I'm always interested in a relationship.

Samuraid
02-23-2005, 08:39 AM
I've been interested in visual artwork, specifically drawing...but I am not very good at it and I don't think pursuing it would lead to anything conclusive.

Jojee
02-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Yes, I'm always interested in a relationship.

Shlup
02-23-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm interested in singing and playing an instrument, though I have no talent or skill for either of those.

Xander
02-23-2005, 09:46 AM
I love games but I'm really not that good at playing them. xD And, singing. Drawing I guess, cos I just enjoy it but don't think I'm that good at it.

Nod
02-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Im interested in drawing, but i'm rubbish at it, relationships too :P

Mindflare
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Anything involving music and art. I love both of them, but suck at them.

Also, computer hardware. Everything I touch stops working. It's almost creepy.

Polaris
02-23-2005, 12:08 PM
German, I'm a bit bad but I want to learn more and more...

Resha
02-23-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm bad at drawrin', but I like to...sometimes. I hate maths, but I'm ok at it (unless I fall asleep on my graphs...) and it's always always always been my dream to be able to make music but I'm hopeless at the piano and only passable on the guitar. I have a hope in guitar, actually, but...

Ah well.

Loony BoB
02-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Art and singing are things I like to do but am not good at.
Programming, coding and 3D Graphical Art are things that I'm interested in but am not good at. I wouldn't be surprised if I someday take a course or two in such things.

Pheesh
02-23-2005, 01:09 PM
game design.

Little Miss Awesome
02-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm interested in singing and playing an instrument, though I have no talent or skill for either of those.
Exactly what I was going to say!

Rye
02-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Um... dancing. I used to dance when I was little, but I quit. I would so not be able to be a dancer now, but it still looks interesting.

EDIT: What I mean by never being able to be one is that I have the complete wrong body for dancing. I'm not a very thin tall person like most dancers are, I'm only 5 feet tall (VERY short) and I'm not thin. Plus I'm horribly out of shape.

Strider
02-23-2005, 07:17 PM
I can't draw to save my life, but I still have an interest in it.

Agent Proto
02-23-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm kind of interested in programming, but in no way can I do it. Same with web-designing. I have ideas, but I just can't put it to use. :(

Also flash and blah blah blah blah blah blah....

Destai
02-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Interested...No but Id give my left leg to be naturally talented at Math (for upcoming exams really) but I really cant motivate myself with them.

Rye
02-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm kind of interested in programming, but in no way can I do it. Same with web-designing. I have ideas, but I just can't put it to use. :(

Also flash and blah blah blah blah blah blah....

Flash only gets easier with practice. I'm not great at it, but I'm much better than I was a few months ago. I've even made my own flash.

Rainecloud
02-23-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm very interested in religion. It's amazing to learn about the religious beliefs and customs of other cultures, and it can also be quite shocking to find out what's going on out there in certain countries. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time on my hands these days, so I suppose you could say "I'm not very good" at dedicating time to my studies. After a hard day at work, I'd rather get a drink and watch some television as opposed to delving into the mysteries of the Holy "Trinity" (which, for the record, I do not believe in).

So, yes. I'm interested in religion, but I'm not very good at putting time aside in order to study it.

rubah
02-24-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm interested in early computers/machine language, but I doubt I'd ever be able to do it:)

(but textfiles.com is too fun to NOT read:D)

Mr. Graves
02-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Skydiving and Computer Programming. The latter is what I seek a career in, so I'm going to try to learn C++ and Java over the summer when I take a semester off for a breather. I'm not a wiz at it by any means, I'm still learning the basic of Programming Logic, but the more I learn, the more I want to know.

Also, playing the guitar.

The New Kid
02-24-2005, 12:43 AM
I've always wanted to draw. Specifically, I wanted to draw my own Manga comics. I'd always have this idea in my head about what the characters should look like, but my hand just didn't agree with it. I don't draw people well, I draw shapes and patterns alot better, and I'm OK with that, because I love abstract images and ideas. Still, it'd be nice to draw my own comic book.

YukiKiro
02-24-2005, 01:17 AM
well, i'm quite interrested in sex and i'm probably not very good at it, but i'm a newbie at that so thats why.

actually i wan to go into video games, but i'm not exactly the greatest programmer in the world. i'm hoping it all turns out for the best though.