PDA

View Full Version : I need help making a flash game

NOFX1117
02-23-2005, 07:29 PM
i want to learn how to make games in flash, but its extremely hard, i need some help and some good ideas, basically all i know how to do, is make a scene and make a sybol that brings u to a different scene :confused:

Rye
02-23-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm actually trying to learn that for myself.

Why don't you make a game where you get to kill the likes of Ashlee Simpson and Avril Lavigne, except make it creative, because some of the other kill celebrity games are too easy and boring. :/

Subtle
02-23-2005, 07:41 PM
There are kill celebrity games? I must really suck at the internet.

Mindflare
02-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Everyone sucks at the internet. Heh.

Anyway, learning the basics of Flash is where to start. Flash can be a pretty complex program. I stopped working with it shortly after I started. About as far as I got were some partially working shape and motion tweens. There are tutorials all over the internet, I'm sure someone can direct you to some good ones. Best of luck.

NM
02-23-2005, 09:41 PM
If you want to make a game in flash you're going to have to learn Actionscript as well as animation techniques. I'd suggest you get to grips with Flash and how to make use of symbols and animation before getting stuck into Actionscript, which i'm trying to learn at the moment.

Here's a Flash site I made a few years ago.

http://www.riftwebdesign.co.uk/riftut/rift.htm

I used a book called "Teach Yourself Flash In 24 Hour's." By Sams publishing. Something like that will cover the animation aspects of Flash but the real hard work is learning the Actionscript which you need for complicated stuff like game's.

Rainecloud
02-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Believe it or not, the tutorials you'll find within the Flash program are actually very helpful, and they're not too difficult to follow. If you sit down and devote a couple of hours to the exercises provided, I'm sure you'll get a better understanding of the program in no time.

Xander
02-23-2005, 10:42 PM
http://www.flashkit.com is good =)

Quina
02-24-2005, 03:33 AM
It helps to have a robe that opens up pretty easliy.

Migoto-Megami
02-24-2005, 04:27 AM
TESTING SIGGY!! ^_^

<B>EDIT: Don't make posts to test your sig. There is a preview sig button on the edit sig page for this purpose. Your pic is too big anyway. Please check the guidelines. -Assault</b>

strawberryman
02-24-2005, 04:30 AM
Does Flash 5.0 have actionscript?
I'm just wondering, as i'm planning to make a game myself.
Still getting used to it, though.

NM
02-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Flash 5 has Actionscript but it's version 1.0. Actionscript is now on version 2.0. which is what FlashMX2004 uses.