PDA

View Full Version : Your EoFF role model(s).

Agent Proto
02-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Ok, who would you classify as your role model on these forums? I will say that any members of staff are disqualified to be role models because they would be instantly classified as a role model anyway.

So, withdrawing the staff from consideration (which includes: Big D, Cid, cl_out, Daryl, Del Murder, Dr Unne, Kawaii Ryűkishi, Leeza, Loony BoB, Lord Krang, Roogle, RSL, ShlupQuack, Xander, and Yamaneko) who from the general public of EoFF would you consider a role model?

You may have more than one role model.

As for me, I have a few that I can see as role models. This includes The Captain, because, let's face it, he sees everything in an optimistic view, is intelligent, and treats everyone fair equally. Despite his humbleness, he's a great choice to be the official role model of EoFF.

Another member I can see as a role model for myself is Raistlin. I don't know, I just think he's faring better than myself, and I also look up to him on certain things. Yeah. That would be it for me.

Ouch!
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
I too view the Captain as a role model for the same reasons as pr00t. The Captain is just a great guy, and I don't think it's possible to dislike him. Who wouldn't want to be that likable?

Dr.K
02-23-2005, 09:07 PM
For the short time I've been here, I find The Captain's outlook on life an extremely intriguing one. His optimism is very rarely blind or impractical, and he clearly has a gift for empathising with others - definitely an inspiration, and a strong one at that. Like Barney the dinosaur - but much more hip

Jojee
02-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I thought you said, but much more HP, Dr.K XD Oh man... too many video games for me...! *dies*

Haha we just had this thread a couple weeks ago, but... ^_^ Lately I found that I've been admiring foa! *bites foa in the arse* She is pretty smart. <3 ya wife(?).

Agent Proto
02-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh, you're right. However, that <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55858&highlight=role+model">thread</a> is different from this thread. However, that's about befriending and admiring members you want to know, this is about EoFF role models.

Mindflare
02-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I thought you said, but much more HP, Dr.K XD Oh man... too many video games for me...! *dies*
Barney has a lot of HP.

Anyway, I have a lot of EoFF role models. They've ranged a great deal, too. Some who I looked up to ages ago, I don't anymore. A lot of the big chatters and intellegent or active posters from when I joined were heavily influential to me. I hate to name names in questions like this because just about everyone was influential to me and I know I'd be forgetting someone.

Italics = Edit. Didn't finish my thought.

Kirobaito
02-23-2005, 09:39 PM
<a href="http://www.forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=98">Is this even a question?</a>

Rainecloud
02-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I respect all members of EoFF who try to respect the opinions of others. I don't like it when I log in to read replies such as "omg that sucks u r so stupid", etc. It's rather childish and silly, but I suppose it's an obligatory part of the Internet. It's not always easy to accept (and sometimes tolerate) the opinions of others, but if you do, it makes the message board a much nicer place to post at.

I'd rather not name any names, but I respect a heck a lot of you. I talk to most of you on MSN, and I have most of you on my LiveJournal Friends listing, so you know who you are. Each and every one of us brings something different to the table here at EoFF, and I, for one, appreciate that.

fire_of_avalon
02-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Now my arse hurts. ;_;

I don't really consider anyone a role model, but there are many people I respect and admire for their behavior, their convictions, and their determination. There are also a lot I admire for their ability to just have fun without having to resort to meanness and such. I love everybody. :love:

Little Miss Awesome
02-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Everyone here brings something, like other people have said but I especially look up to yazoosqueen jojo boris no no and the captain, they're all great! :D

Rye
02-23-2005, 09:57 PM
I'd have to say The Captain, Del Murder, Big D, a lot of the members of BAoTW for their humour and unique talents. Especially the older members of BAoTW, from since I was a little "^.^"ing newbie because <s>they taught me how to speak properly</s> they kinda took me under their wing.

Dking'squeen
02-23-2005, 09:58 PM
yazoosqueen jojo boris no no and the captain

I didn't know that. I love you too :love: :D

Well, I look up to The Captian, because he's sp enlightened I should say. There are a few other people too, like Del Murder and Leeza, no matter how many times they've had to 'talk' to me, I still think they're sooo cool and that they're some of the best Admins/Cid's Knights there is.

SOmtimes, Psychotic, which is so wierd, but i do sometimes because he's funny and a lot of other things that I can't explain. My Daughters and Sons of course, and one person that i really put up there with Del, Leeza and the Captian is The Summoner of Leviathan.

Although he may not show it, he's really...something like The Captian, and he's funny and really helpful...whoa...i bet someone got the wrong idea from that ;)

Carnage
02-23-2005, 10:00 PM
CitizenBleys and The captain

Chris
02-23-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't consider anyone as a rolemodel, I simply just don't anyone here in real life. Its as simple as that.

Cz
02-23-2005, 10:08 PM
While I haven't made a conscious effort to follow anyone's example, a number of members (who I won't embarrass now by listing) have had an effect on me. Some have changed the way I think, others the way I act. It's not just a select few either, but the whole community. Simply by being here my knowledge of the internet and grammar have improved, and that can be attributed to almost everyone here.

m4tt
02-23-2005, 10:14 PM
So a staff member can't be a role model? Poo on you Jeff. POO. ON. YOU!

Unne is my role model, suck it.

Dking'squeen
02-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Staff can't be a role model? Phooey!

Kami
02-23-2005, 10:26 PM
HOORJ was a good rolemodel for me. And so was Linus. I'd add BoB, but I can't ;_;.

Pheesh
02-23-2005, 10:35 PM
carnage taught me alot about the workings of a the site, especially the eison world thread, witch has helped me alot. so i consider him a bit of a mentor. also, zacks_clone did my sig and explained most of the ser cp stuff when i had no clue, so she's up there.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Xander
02-23-2005, 10:40 PM
This seems like the other thread to me, but hey. xD Umm. I don't have any role models here. I am my own role model and I like being me ^_^ But I can't say me because I'm staff? Meanie ;__;

Agent Proto
02-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I took away the option to choose a staff member because some of them will be obvious choices to be role models for everyone, like Dr Unne, Big D, and Loony BoB. By removing them, I'm limiting the choices to non-staff. Which shouldn't be too hard, because there's a lot more people to choice out of.

mythus
02-23-2005, 11:05 PM
I defnietly find captain to be a role model. Many others I respect but being as I haven't been here that terribly long there are not many others I yet would consider to be a role model.

Ouch!
02-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I forgot about Bleys. He's a good role model for being a big grump who is absolutely hilarious most of the time.

Citizen Bleys
02-23-2005, 11:37 PM
I forgot about Bleys. He's a good role model for being a big grump who is absolutely hilarious most of the time.

Hmph. Big grump, am I? I think I'm doing pretty well considering that I haven't had sex in twenty-five years.

StarlightAngel
02-23-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm NOT going to name anyone cuz that would be hella embarrassing. I'd have to say, though, that all of you have rubbed off on me in some way >_> I've probably picked up some habits from here...

Its all you peoples fault that I'm insane. :(

Giga Guess
02-23-2005, 11:44 PM
So a staff member can't be a role model? Poo on you Jeff. POO. ON. YOU!

Unne is my role model, suck it.

You are officially my hero....:p

Personally, it's a tie between Pr00t, and The Captain. Cap'n for reasons rehashed many times over, so I won't bother re-stating them. Pr00t....is just awesome...he put up with so many asinine ideas on Eizon from me, he deserves a medal.

RSL
02-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Who is my role model that isn't on staff? Dang, I was going to pick Shlupquack. I guess I'll go with Big Ogre Umaro.

Citizen Bleys
02-23-2005, 11:58 PM
*kicks RSL*

Election Booth
02-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Hmph. Big grump, am I? I think I'm doing pretty well considering that I haven't had sex in twenty-five years.

I'm glad you aren't 30.

Ouch!
02-24-2005, 12:07 AM
I love you too, Bleys.

Denmark
02-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Pureghetto.

no, not Ching Chong. Pureghetto. before he started saying "omg asl I like pie r u azn?" back when he was philosophical.

also HOOTERS. for his randomness.

and not Jojo.

Jojee
02-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Little Miss Awesome - you're quite spiffy as well ^_-

Denny - you're just discriminating against me cos' I'm lesbian! :( *punches*

I think Citie Bleys is my newest rolemodel for not having sex for 25 years ;)

Denmark
02-24-2005, 12:14 AM
no, it's because you're Jojo. I discriminate against people who go by the screenname Jojo :)

Election Booth
02-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Pureghetto.

no, not Ching Chong. Pureghetto. before he started saying "omg asl I like pie r u azn?" back when he was philosophical.

seriously

Subtle
02-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Haven't been here long enough to choose a role model.

Not sure I ever will have a role model here either.

Fuzakeru
02-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Pureghetto.

I'm always so impressed when I read his LJ entries that usually take up 3043481249 minutes of my precious time. Although, the "AZN!" side of PG really make me happy too.

Psy is a role model as well cause he's an idiot but intellgent about his ignorance. Plus, he spells things with a U. That's amusing.

Mr. Graves
02-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Pureghetto.

Yup yup.

HOOTERS and HOORJ, for the sake that they make posting, heck, lurking here, an absolute pleasure.

YukiKiro
02-24-2005, 01:22 AM
my role model has to be myself. i'm someone who likes to be the one who sticks out, and if you admire me thats fine, i just think that there isn't anyone here who i can really "look up to" though.

Meat Puppet
02-24-2005, 01:33 AM
I have recently started to look up to RSL. Not to be like him, but I notice what he does and it makes me want to change my spammy and pretty unfunny ways. I don't know if I am going the right way about it—editing posts I made almost a year ago into slightly less spammy replies. It is worth a try, though. Worth a try.

Hi LSD. - May '07.

Pheesh
02-24-2005, 01:36 AM
pffft, show-off. ooooh big man with no role models because superman needs no friends...... :P

peace out and :rock:
EE

eternalshiva
02-24-2005, 01:38 AM
I guess people can admire me then since I'm not on Protos Site Staff list ><

Kirobaito
02-24-2005, 01:39 AM
I used to admire eternalshiva (AKA Mommy) but then she went away and hasn't come back in awhile.

YukiKiro
02-24-2005, 01:41 AM
as far as big goes, i myself am not big. since when is 5'5" giant. and as far as ego thats not it either. i just like being on my own, what's wrong with that.

Pheesh
02-24-2005, 01:42 AM
that's made you look a bit loopy hasn't it.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

eternalshiva
02-24-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm still around ; ; Kiro come baaaccckkkk ; ;

EDIT: ok It's my official announcement to 'I am back wootzorz' No more obsessing with FFXI >.>

Yamaneko
02-24-2005, 01:50 AM
I model myself after Bleys because I like wearing slacks, a shirt and tie just for the hell of it.

FightClubFan#47
02-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Psy's a rolemodel, because he was, pike, cool. He owned cofounded BAoTW. That's a plus. And, he's nice. He's the only person I know who treats n00bs with respect, besides UndeadHeewo, who's also a rolemodel, because he's done much such as, joined army(i think), became a SS, coded my work, respected newb's, and made the Eizon Pie. Lets see. Back when TT was Rubedo, I had him as a rolemodel, because he had multiple personalities(funny story, when he first started posting chaos, I thought he was refering to Chaos the girl, and I thought they where siblings who shared a profile) and likes VIII as much as me (probaly a little less) and could write good. But then he stopped writing, and became corrupt and all about fame, so he is banned from my Rolemodel list:(. Fuzuksomething, simply because of hentai, and her kinkness. She cool. Denny, because he fits in like a comfortable shoe. Oh and Carnage was a rolemodel for a while, but then I learned he was evil :(. So he's off. Think that's it.

EDIT: Thats Right. Thx Azar. You too Giga. Your awsome. You put moomba's in your sig :D. And your happiness seemed to make others happy :p.

Carnage
02-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Oh and Carnage was a rolemodel for a while, but then I learned he was evil . So he's off. Think that's it.

:(

XxSephirothxX
02-24-2005, 03:19 AM
Psy, for being the most insane person I've ever met in one form or another.

SomethingBig and Giga Guess for not being Noob haters and making the chat joyous for a few short hours (where did you guys go!? ;_;)

And Jebus, because...hell, he's Jebus.

Giga Guess
02-24-2005, 03:27 AM
'Bout time someone recognizes my greatness...:p

Quina
02-24-2005, 03:40 AM
I look up to the election bin.

Election Booth
02-24-2005, 03:44 AM
I find that strangely erotic.

strawberryman
02-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Who needs someone to look up to. I've got myself.

FightClubFan#47
02-24-2005, 05:30 AM
'Bout time someone recognizes my greatness...:p

Quiet Up :p. I was going to write you, but I forgot. Thx Azar.

Lindy
02-24-2005, 05:41 AM
I don't see why staff should instantly be considered role models, since they're just normal people who have a position of "power" on an internet message board.

Oh wait, I forgot...

THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS PEOPLE.

I don't have role models because this is an internet message board, and hence matters very, very little.

Loony BoB
02-24-2005, 12:06 PM
What about all the staffers that aren't me, Big D or Unne? And what about Bleys and The Captain? They're just as 'obvious' (and personally, I don't consider myself an obvious role model). Also, staff get left out of too much. We need the odd ego boost to go along with the near-constant criticism we get from members. :p Maybe it would have been nice to have said one for on staff and one for not on staff, or something...

I don't really have any role models at EoFF, however I do admire the newer people for their fresh attitude towards things, which is a neverending reminder that EoFF is as good as it ever was, at least for me, anyway.

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Um...BoB, me and the Captain aren't staffers. He will probably become a staffer in due course, but presently, neither of us are, hence both are eligible.

Loony BoB
02-24-2005, 01:32 PM
That was my point. If you're going to say "Don't list staffers because of Unne and Big D" you may as well throw in "Don't list non-staffers because of Bleys and The Captain." :p

MecaKane
02-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Doom's my sexy man model. :eek:

boris no no
02-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Everyone here brings something, like other people have said but I especially look up to yazoosqueen jojo boris no no and the captain, they're all great! :D
i really didn't exp-expext that! thanks so much! :love:

i look up to jojo because she's taught me lots! mainly how to be mad.... :D
psy becasue although we have argued and i've possibly annoyed him a few too many times i actually quite like him! i just want to give him a big hug!
and the captain just becasue he really knows his stuff! when i first started piosting (not all tnat long ago) he really said some great stuff that i still use when i'm down. he really knows how to make people feel better about themselves! *hugs*

The Captain
02-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I agree with what not so Loony DaN said, that there are a lot more role models out there than it seems, all better role models than I to be sure.

Being a role model is not so much what a person is in every case, but what they can represent or awaken in others sometimes as well. A person can be a role model without trying to help others, but by being true to themselves and in doing so, can perhaps motivate others to follow in that way of life. In a forum, where words really are our only source of interaction, role models do indeed come out of these words, whether you find someone enlightening as I do with most people here, compassionate, witty, or just thought-provoking.

In my mind, overall, a true role model is someone who does things others find inspiring without attempting to show that they can be inspiring or boost themselves, but more to find the benefit within inspiring and in turn, perhaps being inspired by others.

Take care all.

boris no no
02-24-2005, 10:12 PM
that answer shows why the captian is most peoples role model! he is the greatest
(next to jojo of corse....and psy!) :D

Jojee
02-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks, boris <333 ^_^

And I must agree that The Cap'n is prit-ty enlightening ;)

Nod
02-24-2005, 10:23 PM
i haven't been here too long, yet already i can say that i admire/respect The Captain because his posts are often very insightful. Also Psy, just cos he makes me laugh so much! :P

Dr Unne
02-24-2005, 10:36 PM
My role model is Bley's mom.

YunaGirl05
02-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Yazoo is pretty cool. so i'll say her

Giga Guess
02-24-2005, 11:34 PM
I agree with what not so Loony DaN said, that there are a lot more role models out there than it seems, all better role models than I to be sure.

Being a role model is not so much what a person is in every case, but what they can represent or awaken in others sometimes as well. A person can be a role model without trying to help others, but by being true to themselves and in doing so, can perhaps motivate others to follow in that way of life. In a forum, where words really are our only source of interaction, role models do indeed come out of these words, whether you find someone enlightening as I do with most people here, compassionate, witty, or just thought-provoking.

In my mind, overall, a true role model is someone who does things others find inspiring without attempting to show that they can be inspiring or boost themselves, but more to find the benefit within inspiring and in turn, perhaps being inspired by others.

Take care all.

Well I still think you're bloody amazing.

Ryth
04-06-2005, 11:40 PM
The Captain who probably has no idea who I am but I've seen his posts and he seems like a cool guy.....and Looney Bob who doesn't know me all that well (more than the Captain though) but I'm mentioning him because he reminds me of me a bit and I'll tell you why I'm a mod at another much smaller site and well he does an awesome job doing what he does and c'mon what acitve member who hasn't been registered for at least a month doesn't know who Bob is? I hope to be as well known and good as him on the site I mod at.

Raistlin
04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Unne <i>was</i> my role-model way back when at EoFF's beginnings. So yeah.

Shoeberto
04-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Oooooooooh <i>snap!</i>

Raistlin
04-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Hahahahahahaha

I love you, Unney. :love:

Dixie
04-07-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm a role model. Right?

My role models are Leeza, Sephex, and edczxcvbnm*.

*Not really.

Lenna
04-07-2005, 01:20 AM
I also like TheAbominatrix, speaking more to her today and she seem's really cool :D, Iri's still my no1 :P

KaintheDragoon80
04-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Well, I am a newb, and I haven't talk to alot of people (if anyone) but I really look up to Boris No No, The Abominatrix, DJZen, FlyingMullet (who just became staff if I'm correct :3), Starlight Angel, and many others :).

rubah
04-07-2005, 03:36 AM
KB is my anti-role model.

dangit foa, why did you have to be all big and stafferz:P just goes to show I should've posted in here sooner.

The Captain makes me want to be nice to everyone X.x;;

CloudDragon
04-07-2005, 05:01 AM
I would say Sugpo, but he's banned so I'll go RSL 'cause he's nifty.

Ko Ko
04-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Role Models...
Hm. How about I make one up?

nik0tine
04-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Why, the Captain of course!

Ko Ko
04-07-2005, 05:46 AM
OF COURSE. How silly of me to forget! *gonk*

Harvest Moon
04-07-2005, 07:18 AM
OF COURSE. How silly of me to forget! *gonk*
*Glmops*
Sign on MSN or i'll be forced to blow up France. ^_^

>_> <_<

AGAIN! xP

Infact the lackness of talking to you has made me edgy and quite irate. Just easlier at another forum I argued with a Satanist.

You know, those candy-ass Athiest Satanists that think it's cool to put Satan infront of thier lack of any faith or dogma.

I made naughty curses at them in Latin while posting pictures of Lucifer making claims of them being posers. xD

Leeza
04-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Harvest Moon: Your last post should have been a PM to Iri rather than a post in this thread. Please use the PM system the next time you would like to say something off-topic to her or anyone else .

-N-
04-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Does this count as a revived thread or not? I'm confused.

The Captain
04-07-2005, 09:16 AM
I believe it was cleared for this thread to be revived rather than a new thread be started.

Take care all.

Resha
04-07-2005, 10:14 AM
:love: Everyone is my role model, there's something nice about everyone!

-N-
04-07-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure if anyone here is a role model, to be honest. There's no one who has gone through what I have gone through; there's no one who I would ever wish would go through what I have gone through; and there's no one who can provide me with the support to go through what I am going through. Ultimately, one must look inward to find the strength to carry on.

Lenna
04-08-2005, 05:36 AM
I'd created a new thread about EoFF Idols and it got closed, the mod who closed it gave links to revive the threads as they were on same topic. *Yawns*, but yeah, role models doesn't necessarily mean who're like you, they are the people you look up to people you want to be similar to in a way. Would you really idolize on someone who is basically exactly like you? I can understand the "I want to be like them *dresses/speaks/acts like them*" but the other way around seems a bit confusing. Everyone has some dislikes about themselves. Idolizing on someone who is the same makes no sense lol.

Dreddz
04-08-2005, 09:12 AM
I dont really admire anyone as a Role model

Christmas
04-17-2022, 01:35 PM
Obviously The Captain. All his posts are like the words of god. I could spend time reading all his posts after a miserable day and immediately feel positive again. :bigsmile:

I still remembered he posted a congratulatory post in the Dec 2006 Ciddies Thread which makes me respect him so much. :kaoclove:

Hope he still graces us with his presence and wisdom. I am going to click on his profile and start reading his posts. :bigsmile:

Everyone should do that especially after a bad day! He should have been made a staff and post something inspiring everytime he closes a thread. :love:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-17-2022, 05:27 PM
*Glmops*
Sign on MSN or i'll be forced to blow up France. ^_^

>_> <_<

AGAIN! xP

Oof.

This shows signs of a thread made in 2005 even if there was no way to look the number up.

Spuuky
04-17-2022, 06:48 PM
Wow, I can't believe no one picked 2005 me.