PDA

View Full Version : Whitening after braces.

Dingo Jellybean
02-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Has anyone done this? Maybe not after braces, but ever?

I'm considering it...maybe I'm getting too ditsy, but I'm considering shallacking $500 to whiten my teeth after my braces are off. Before I didn't care too much about teeth, other than keeping them healthy. But I guess I'm more into the aesthetic appeal of them now. Or maybe it's the people I'm around, I don't know. My teeth are more like a dull ivory color, and yes...I know it's natural for teeth to turn dull as I don't smoke, drink, or drink coffee.

But has anyone used the Crest White Strips? How effective are they? It'll be another year before I get my braces off, but it would be nice to kind of surprise my friends(they think I'm getting my braces off in 3 years) with a big ole' white smile or something. But eh.

Jojee
02-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm considering Crest White Strips. They're pretty expensive ($25 the last time I checked) but I may just see how it goes one day.

Rye
02-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Crest White Strips suck. Horribly. The $300 whitening kit from the dentist didn't work either. That might be because my front teeth are very bumpy, so my dentist (not with my consent either, she's very crazy) starting sanding my teeth. They're much whiter now, but it hurt.

Chris
02-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Dingo you don't need to get them whitened after you get your braces off.

Many friends have told that when their braces came off their teeth automatically whitened.

I want braces ;_;

Kirobaito
02-23-2005, 10:44 PM
My sister used Crest White Strips, and she said they worked.

I didn't bother whitening my teeth because I don't really care.

Leeza
02-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Crest White Strips work if you use them as directed. No, they won't be blinding white, but they definitely are whiter.

The brush-on stuff does not work.

Shlup
02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Just don't forget not to leave the stuff on longer 'cause you think you'll get some extra-fast whitening or something. Your enamel (sp?) can't handle the bleach on it for that long, and it can seriously mess up your teeth.

I've been considering having my teeth professionally whitened (I have sensative teeth as it is, so the at-home stuff makes me skerred) since getting my braces off too, but I'm waiting for the opportunity to convince my mom to shell out the cash (ie, wedding present or something).