PDA

View Full Version : Umarro- Everyone's favorite Yettie!

mythus
02-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Just currious, what are your thoughts on Umarro? Did any of you actually use this character?

I actually like him. It is often quiet fun to watch him throw one of my party members into the enemy for the kill. And having most elemental attacks not affect him makes him even more wonderful.

Flamethrower
02-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I never cared for him as a character, battle wise or personality wise; Not that he had a bad personality, it was more of his lack of one. I hate it when Square throws in a character with no personality or story into a game (see: Chrono Cross) just for the sake of having an extra character. I felt there was a lot they could of done with Umaro which was just never done.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2005, 01:01 AM
He was a hidden character, and hidden characters aren't supposed to have personality. Yuffie and Vincent, for example, should not have been hidden characters.

Umaro is great in every way. I use him all the time, and I always use him in the final battle.

Ichimonji
02-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Umaro was alright. He was a good party member to have though during Kefka's Tower. Packs quite a punch, especially with the Blizzard Orb.

Zante
02-24-2005, 11:30 AM
I use him quite often, equiped with the gauntlet, he can do some serious damage. He is also great for the coloseum, as he doesn't use all the weak abilities like the other characters.

feioncastor
02-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I hate it when Square throws in a character with no personality or story into a game (see: Chrono Cross) just for the sake of having an extra character.
Considering there's like 80 playable chars in CC, yeah, I agree.

But I do like Umaro. I like Gogo more, but Umaro is pretty cool. I almost always give him rage ring and blizzard orb, and if not, I may give him a Genji Glove so he can swing two bones clubs. He's a pretty neat guy, all in all.

Not as cool as the "?????" ghost on the train, though. I was really hoping he would be a permanant character.

Feion

Poopcannon
02-24-2005, 05:44 PM
You gotta love that ghost, especially it's posess ability.

I don't know if you can even say wether or not Gogo has or has no personality, since he/she has no lines. At least Umarro says something...

m4tt
02-24-2005, 06:51 PM
I love Umaro. I bring him almost everywhere. Throwing other party members into the enemy is awesome. When I first played super mario rpg and Bowser started throwing Mario around it made me think of Umaro. :D

Zante
02-24-2005, 06:58 PM
What does this posess ability do, btw?

m4tt
02-24-2005, 06:59 PM
It's the ghost's ability. He goes up to the monster and kills it by possesing it. The ghose leaves your party when you do that though.

Flying Mullet
02-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I always like to use Umaro because he makes the Fanatic's Tower so much easier.

Poopcannon
02-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I didn't use him for the tower. I just gave everyone wall rings and the monsters weren't smart enough to cast spells on themselves, although it did suck when I ran out of mp, so I kinda died.

Maybe I should have used him... (you gotta love that yeti)

mythus
02-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Oh the ghost... I was as well hoping for a way to make the ghost an offical member. But no................................

Yes Umaro does make the Fanatic's tower so much easier.

Joshkabob
02-26-2005, 02:14 PM
He was a hidden character, and hidden characters aren't supposed to have personality. Yuffie and Vincent, for example, should not have been hidden characters.

Umaro is great in every way. I use him all the time, and I always use him in the final battle.

Yuffie and Vincent, why shouldn't they have been hidden? You didn't need them to beat the game. It's just funner getting them.

Edgar
02-26-2005, 03:06 PM
I always like to use Umaro because he makes the Fanatic's Tower so much easier.

Yeah, but then again I use the moogle charm for Fanatics Tower ;)

Umaro is a great character to use in mid-game. He is definately one of the better character to use.

Del Murder
02-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Umaro was cool.

Strider
02-26-2005, 07:14 PM
The best non-human character ever.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-27-2005, 03:11 AM
Yuffie and Vincent, why shouldn't they have been hidden? You didn't need them to beat the game. It's just funner getting them.Yuffie and Vincent had enough to do with the main plot to be non-hidden characters, and if they hadn't been hidden, they would have been in the game's FMV.

rubah
02-27-2005, 06:15 AM
I didn't really like umaro. I'm not into the berserker types. and he's sorta scary looking.

evil snowy bigfoot going to eat me ;_;;;

Flying Mullet
02-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I still think that it would have been fun to have some sort of interaction between Umaro and Mog in battle since Mog bosses him around all of the time. Perhaps new commands that Mog commands Umaro to do or some type of special pair attack.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
And then Shadow and Relm could have a big revelation scene after which they'd be able to pull of some sort of ninja/painting combination attack.

DJZen
02-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Relm: Catch!

Shadow: PAINT THROW!

Kefka: MY EYES! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY EYES?!?!

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I always enjoyed pairing Umaro with Cyan. They work well together.

Del Murder
03-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Umaro + Cyan + Mog + Locke with Offering and Thief Glove gives you plenty of time to charge SwrdTechs, not that it ever is necessary to charge them that far.

Poopcannon
03-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Did you know that umerus is latin for shoulder? It's in the second declension, so, the abbitive (or whatever you call it, I'm not sure, cos I learn stuff through Irish) is umero. Sound vaguely familiar?