PDA

View Full Version : Parasite Eve

lord shishio
02-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I heard it was pretty good, and kind of creepy, anyoneplay it? Tell me how it is.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2005, 01:02 AM
It's good, but not really great. The battle system is pretty interesting, though, although I heard the gameplay was a lot worse in the sequel.

The Prophet
02-24-2005, 01:51 AM
The game was decent, for the first week I had it, then it got extremely boring. I really didn't find Parasite Eve creepy either. Just kinda cool when I wasn't bored.

ShunNakamura
02-24-2005, 04:43 AM
I find it to be a great game... The battle system is very interesting and fun ot play with. And the story the first time through is intruging, for me it was any ways.

Also A point for me for this game is I find it a tad more difficult then most final fantasies.... in fact their is even what some could call a superboss in teh game... although I don't think of the fight like that.

As for being creepy..... not really but if you let yourself get lax and comfortable you may be surprised once or twice... but it is unlikely particually if you play games like Resident Evil alot.

The graphics in the game are superb for its time, and the FMV's I still like to watch.

One part in game play can be quite frustrating the first time through... but I think anyone with RPG experience should be able to get out all-right after awhile.

BTW.... remember to use your manuverabilty to your advantage, bigger guns aren't always better and are always slower.

If you want more I can tell you... but simply I find it to be in my top 5 list of games.... Although I will warn you taht I see alot of people give this game crap so it probably isn't for everyone.... personally I find it much better then Resident Evil.

Alice
02-24-2005, 07:44 AM
it was my first square game and if u ask me one of the best... I read the book, i own the movie, i own both games.. and for the last 5 yrs i went off an sn from it.. though i just changed it this month to something a lil bit more "me" now. Parasite Eve features some of the best system and graphics for the year it was made along with some amazing music and is easily playable more than once.

Cant say the same for the sequel though...

apparently rumors were aruond that a 3rd installment was being worked on but no one knows for sure, lots of theories out there about it.

LifeAsABullet
02-25-2005, 10:36 PM
I haven't played to the end yet, I seem to have a fascinating life with switching through games like right now I'm working on FF IX but I did get to nearly the end of the second and last disk and it does have an interesting plot, but it can also be tricky too. I don't completely dig the whole control issue but after I finish this one off', I'm going back to beat that game as well. I haven't heard anything good off the sequel though and if it isn't good, I'm not purchasing. :p

Strawberry Gashes
02-26-2005, 04:53 AM
Parasite Eve is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Shame it doesn't take long to complete if you know where you're going.

TheAbominatrix
02-26-2005, 04:59 AM
It's good, but not really great. The battle system is pretty interesting, though, although I heard the gameplay was a lot worse in the sequel.

It was horrid in the sequel. Ugh, I couldnt even play it. I wanted to, for the story at least, but I couldnt.

The original PE is pretty fun. Not the most amazing of games, but I enjoyed it.

Strawberry Gashes
02-26-2005, 05:03 AM
It was horrid in the sequel. Ugh, I couldnt even play it. I wanted to, for the story at least, but I couldnt.
Yeah, same here. They completely screwed up the control scheme, and simply moving Aya around became a chore. Not to mention they got rid of the first game's battle system in favor of a simpler version with no ATB gauge. I bought it a few months ago, but have barely touched it.

Alice
02-26-2005, 05:45 AM
I got to the end of the game and have been putting off beating the final boss... for 2 yrs now... *lazy*

the sequel was... 4/10, it had so much more potential :( its dissapointing

Yuzuki130
03-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Both of them were awesome! I'd highly recommend them! Too bad the chances of a third installment making it to the US are almost nil... :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-17-2005, 12:42 AM
The chances of a third one being made in any country ever are slim. But Musashi got a sequel, of all things, so I guess anything's possible.

nightmare666
03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
hey i havent herd of them oh and how do you get an avatar?=)

Yuffie514
03-21-2005, 10:46 PM
i have Parasite Eve II as a burned game :goofy: . i found it quite disgusting :whoa: when that glasses woman (in the beginning) started to transform into a monster :barf: :tongue: .

kikimm
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I've always been meaning to buy it anc check it out. Haven't gotten around to it, and it's been a few years. Not likely to happen any time soon, since it's not high up on my "list" >=D

:D

Sephex
03-24-2005, 06:02 AM
It's a pretty fun game. Sure, it wasn't fantastic. However, the atmosphere and music were done very well. That alone makes me want to play through it again sometime.

King Prodigy
03-26-2005, 06:40 PM
That is like the best ever heard of the DVD? I own it lol

Spammerman
03-27-2005, 04:20 AM
that game was hard. i got to the zoo and gave up

Rinen
03-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I played it for a month, then after that I got bored. But I'm glad it came around, as it was a 'testing grounds' for FF8's CG.