PDA

View Full Version : FFV: A Game Yet to be Remade

Chopseuy
02-24-2005, 01:25 AM
Alright, I'm going to be brutality honest. They released this game way, way too late in the U.S., meaning, this game meant nothing to FF7 and 8. With its lack in graphics and weird dialouge, the only enjoyable thing about this game is the job system. Everything else is, "Been there, done that." FFV needs to be remade with FFX graphics, which improved story and dialouge. For example, in the beginning, Galuf sounds like hes high and Butz (lol.. Butz) talks like hes all macho. Yeah, don't hate me but I think this game needs to be remade. :)

DocFrance
02-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Why make something 3-D that works perfectly fine with two dimensions? In other words, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Converting FFV to FFX-esque graphics would just be throwing in needless eye candy, and would cost Square more money than it would be worth.

rubah
02-24-2005, 01:53 AM
ff5 is cute as it is^_^

As long as Galuf's laugh is heart-warming, the pirates ahoy! song surges with emotion, and bartz looks totally HOT as a dancer, the game is fine;)

Martyr
02-24-2005, 02:32 AM
The dialogue needs fixing. And a lot of the anti-climactic, like, non-conflicts or whatever they are - (All the times where everybody gets nervous about some problem, and then it solves itself. Like when Rydia poisons herself to save the Hiryuu, there's ten minutes of cheesy dialogue and then she's fine again???!) -

But fix that, and it's FFV new and improved. 3D graphics would just be a whole hell of a lot of work for, I imagine, absolutely no reward. It'd be the same game, just lots of wasted time, effort, and money later.

Palindrome
02-24-2005, 02:51 AM
FFV should be remade without all the suck. ;)

ShivaBlizzard8
02-24-2005, 03:28 AM
It's Reina, not Rydia - that's FF4.

And technically, the FF5 that was released in FF Anthology IS a remake. They fixed some graphics problems and sound, and threw those FMVs of the Amano versions of the characters in at the begining and end.

That said, FF5 is fine just as it is. If you changed the game's look, characters, dialogue, plot, etc - then you've just made a new game, not a remake. If you want to compare it's look and translation quality to 7 and 8, you're just not respecting Final Fantasy's history. Shakespeare's first plays aren't as good as his latter ones; Tidus Andronicus is considered "baby Shakespeare" by actors, but the Bard didn't go and remake it after he wrote Hamlet. Both plays are good for their own reasons, just as 5 is good for its particular strengths. In any case, you wouldn't have 7,8,9, or 10 unless 5 was there to move the series along, so suck it up! :)

Oh, and as for crappy translations, they give us some of the best quotes in FF history. If it weren't for crappy translations, we wouldn't have, "You spoony bard!" A world without that is not one I want to live in. ;)

Shlup
02-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Why make something 3-D that works perfectly fine with two dimensions? In other words, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Converting FFV to FFX-esque graphics would just be throwing in needless eye candy, and would cost Square more money than it would be worth.
There is no such thing as "needless eye candy."

Palindrome
02-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Thankyou Shlup.

DJZen
02-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah, don't hate me but I think this game needs to be remade. :)

That's it, you just made my list.

Desert Merchant
02-25-2005, 07:51 AM
personally i would just like to see more fmvs in the game that would be cool i love "needless eye candy" i would love to see more fmvs of omega weapon like in the final fmv that was totaly badass. :) but i think the game itself is a good one...i dont see why its being compared to ff7 and ff8 when it should be compared to 4 and 6

Blackmageboi
03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
in my one reina is lenna

Ultima Shadow
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Erm... well, what I really hate is when people think a game suck because of its graphic... and to tell you the truth I actually miss the old 2D graphic and think that they should make some of the new FFs like that. But I'm sure that won't happen...

Oh, well... this game is perfect as it is. I totally love it and the only reason to remake it would be to add some extra stuff like bonus equipment, extra bosses and being able to play it in easy and hard mode etc.

rubah
03-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Lenna>Reina

however, Bartz>Butz.

I think ff5 is fine how it is^_^ They have more character depth as sprites than ugly cg models. although if they were remade for the ps2 and had some time spent, they might not be ugly.

Jojee
03-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Nono, Lenna > Reina and Butz > Bartz.

Maybe I just like to stick by whatever I first saw them as :|

But anyway I love FF5 the way it is ^_^ The job system was the best thing, and the characters rocked, too. Though I wouldn't mind if they made it all pretty, as long as they make no plot changes or anything :}

Chris
03-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Personally FFV is one of my favorites, I do love it as it is; but I would like to see an updated version released on the GBA (like they did with FFI and FFII). Maybe a double package, with FFV and FFVI?

Dormos
03-04-2005, 03:03 AM
FFV and FFVI in a package... where did I hear that before.... :tongue:

In all seriousness, though, yeah, I think that's a good idea, a Dawn of Souls type thing. But then it wouldn't really be that much of a remake, though. The graphics (which is what most of these people are talking about) would stay around the same.

eestlinc
03-04-2005, 04:37 AM
this thread is blasphemy. Why don't we remake the Mona Lisa in 3D while we're at it?

ShivaBlizzard8
03-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Agreed.

Dormos
03-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Well, if you could... I'm sure it'd be pretty spiffy.

XD But just to clarify, I'm not for remaking it in 3D. That'd be waaaaay too much time and money that could be spent bettering FFXII. Or FFXIII. Or FFXLVIII, or whatever they're on then.